USB kills XP Boot Times

July 13, 2005 3:52:19 PM

Can anyone out there tell me why enabling USB Host Controller slows my
boot time on my BRAND NEW PC to about 2 mins. If I removed the USB Host
Controllers, I get Boot Time of 25secs?????

It's a clean install BRAND NEW PC (4 days old) all i did was put on WIN
XP loaded M/B & VID Drivers and SP2, it doesn't have any other software
on it yet. Well it's got partition Magic and that's about it but
Partition magic won't have anything to do with the USB controllers.

Interestingly there were 2 USB Host controllers; 1 Enhanced PCI-USB
(for USB2.0) I think and 1 other one just USB Host Controller. I have
tried it with both enabled and then 1 at a time. Longest boot up time
is with both enabled and then with the enhanced one enabled. eg
BOTH-2min Enhanced only-1.5min and the last one 1 min.

Have tried MSCONFIG & BOOTVIS & DEFRAG

cmon who's the SMART cookie here? help me solve this and get some
sleep... :confused:

Gigabyte GA-K8NF-9 939 NFORCE4 DDR 400/333/266 8CH AUDIO
AMD K8 Athlon64 3500+ Socket 939 Venice Core
TwinMOS 1GB DDR400 Dual-Channel Kit (2x512MB)
Seagate 160Gb 7200rpm 8 mb Cache NCQ Serial ATA
Gigabyte GA-NX66T128VP GeForce 6600GT VIVO TurboForce PCI Expres
Foxconn ATX326 Midi Tower 11-1 Card Reader Hyena 350W front USB2.0 case
fan PCI-E hole
LiteOn SOHW-1673S Dual Layer 16x

--
cajetan

More about : usb kills boot times

Anonymous
July 13, 2005 6:22:33 PM

--
Treeman
July 13, 2005 7:02:44 PM

Did you install the chipset drivers? They should be on a CD.

!