Sign in with
Your question

Need Good Gaming Mouse !!!!

Last response: in Video Games
February 12, 2012 2:31:22 PM

Need A gaming Mouse for price around 70$
i used to have mx518 but its right click got stuck and logitech company has stopped making Mx518 So i am in deep trouble
can u guys help me with mouse around 70$ i usually play all sorts of FPS !!!!!please help !!!!!!
And Suggest A Good mouse pad for the particular Mouse !!!!

Razer deathadder
logitech g400
or any other mouse u know !!!!!
confused between these two !!!!
Thanks !!!

More about : good gaming mouse

a b 4 Gaming
February 12, 2012 3:13:35 PM

A new revision G400, a Zowie AM 2nd batch, and the Deathadder are the best opticals. I'm not fond of laser mice but the Mamba is admirably good.

This is probably the better forum to ask questions on ;) .
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
February 12, 2012 4:52:11 PM

microsoft make some good mice there sidewinder is pretty good if a little bulky
razor death adder, lachesis, mamba are all good but have the same MMB problem where the MMB stops responding with no physical signs of damage.
roccat do some excellent mice and are cheap. the kova + is top tier...
logitech g500 is also a great mouse control wise but the button placement doesn't suite me.
m
l
Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
February 12, 2012 4:57:50 PM

Sadly the G500 has baked-in acceleration. The new G400 is superior in literally every way to it.
m
l
February 12, 2012 5:49:11 PM

I have a Sidewinder x3. It's great if you only want one or two extra buttons.
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
February 12, 2012 6:05:38 PM

Hmmm.... I haven't had any issues with my G500's acceleration. I have not noticed any issues of overshooting when making sudden moves. Unless I subconsciously adapted to the issue very quickly... doubtful.

I typically use my G500 at the 2600 DPI setting in both games and Windows. Overall, I am pretty happy with my G500 which I've used for around 3 months.
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
February 12, 2012 6:53:21 PM

G500 isn't a bad mouse, it's just one of the ones that fps players usually avoid if you're playing pixel perfect aim games like cs.

The new revision of the G400 though offers everything it has with an immaculate sensor. And is cheaper to boot. It's just a hell of a deal really.
m
l
February 12, 2012 7:17:56 PM

For FPS, I recommend a Zowie. It was designed by professional FPS players, (Mostly CS/CS:S players I believe). It is affordable and feels amazing. For FPS, I use very low sensitivities. 800dpi with 1.8/10 in-game sensitivity. The Zowie has a max of 2000dpi with a minimum of 200dpi, I believe, which is the perfect range IMO for FPS sensitivity. From my experiences in playing CEVO/ESEA Main and CAL (R.I.P...) I, and many other pros/teamates, use very low sensitivities which is where the Zowie prospers IMO. However if you for some reason use a very high sensitivity, it can get there. (Anything over 2000dpi IMO is dumb and unnecessary. You will just lose accuracy and control).

So yeah, that's my $0.02, check out the Zowie, it looks awesome, feels awesome, and so far (couple months of having it) feels awesome!

BTW, I use it on my SteelSeries SP (I hate fabric surfaces, hard top ftw), and I put on the aftermarket skis that the mouse pad comes with. Extremely smooth, I love it.

Hope this helps!
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
February 12, 2012 9:04:13 PM

casualcolors said:
G500 isn't a bad mouse, it's just one of the ones that fps players usually avoid if you're playing pixel perfect aim games like cs.

The new revision of the G400 though offers everything it has with an immaculate sensor. And is cheaper to boot. It's just a hell of a deal really.

you do know that all the logitech gaming mice since the g5 have an option to turn acceleration off... so its not actually an issue... saying that the g5 is still a mouse i would buy over a lot of the current crop... be they logitech or razer...
then again im more than happy with my rat 7 contagion on 1925/1075 dpi settings... its more accurate than any other mouse i know of including the pro-am cs mice of old...
it to has an option for acceleration and multiple other settings. some i use acceleration i dont.
some dont like the weight some claim theres mouse drift but mine suffers none... then again i sent mine back for a replacement the week i got it, because it moved by itself when i clicked the LMB... seems like a small issue but they offered a full refund straight away which impressed me so much i told em just to send another mouse... 2 days later... knock knock... here you go sir...
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
February 12, 2012 9:05:53 PM

HEXiT said:
you do know that all the logitech gaming mice since the g5 have an option to turn acceleration off... so its not actually an issue... saying that the g5 is still a mouse i would buy over a lot of the current crop... be they logitech or razer...
then again im more than happy with my rat 7 contagion on 1925/1075 dpi settings... its more accurate than any other mouse i know of including the pro-am cs mice of old...
it to has an option for acceleration and multiple other settings. some i use acceleration i dont.
some dont like the weight some claim theres mouse drift but mine suffers none... then again i sent mine back for a replacement the week i got it, because it moved by itself when i clicked the LMB... seems like a small issue but they offered a full refund straight away which impressed me so much i told em just to send another mouse... 2 days later... knock knock... here you go sir...

You can't completely disable the acceleration in the G9x nor the G500. It's part of the sensor tech. More prediction than the zowie opticals too unfortunately for the 500.
m
l
February 12, 2012 9:21:36 PM

What about the Corsair M60, it has a high dpi and it is really well made. costs about £45
m
l
February 12, 2012 9:25:46 PM

I really like the Mionix Naos mouse. They have a 3200 or a 5000 dpi version. I like it because its shape is very comfortable, probably the most ergonomic mouse I'v ever seen.
m
l
February 12, 2012 9:57:47 PM

The Razed DeathAdder is literally the comfiest right-handed mouse I've used, it's a good deal for the price ($50), some of the configure softwares m3 and m4 button options are kind of weird, but I never use those buttons.
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
February 12, 2012 9:59:21 PM

ross_mitchell said:
What about the Corsair M60, it has a high dpi and it is really well made. costs about £45

I wish I owned one to try it out. Seems like corsair's heads were in the right place. I heard that it may have some sensor issues but it is a hell of a first try for them in the mouse market.
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
February 13, 2012 12:29:26 AM

casualcolors said:

That's probably the reason why I haven't had any issues with overshooting my sudden moves. The closest game that I've play to a FPS since I got my G500 is Oblivion.
m
l
February 13, 2012 1:15:48 AM

Thanks for the Replies guys as an mx518 user i think g400 or g500 might be good but i sweat a lot while playing , and i have heard that Deathadder comes with some sweat proof coat which i liked ,and DA is larger i think and left and right buttons are open and wide which i think is awesome and abt looks mx518 was good really as compared to g400 !!! thks guys any more comparsions will be good as i am an INdian so i get logitech G9x CODMW3 Edition which is of 75$ and after shipping it to india it with be 90$ so that sucks !!! And about sensitivity i have seen players in India playing CS 1.6 with 14.2 and high , I usally play CS at 1.74and COd with 1.3 Thks Guys for ur replys much appreciated !!!!!
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
February 13, 2012 1:45:11 AM

Actually the rubberized coating used on Razer and some Zowie mice becomes slick and a little hard to grasp if you sweat. In that case, glossy mouse exteriors are actually better because it causes the mouse to stick a bit to your hand when it sweats (unless you're sweating like you're at the gym).
m
l
February 13, 2012 7:49:37 AM

Mionix Naos mouse, has a rubber coating that is very sweat proof. I would know too, I sweet a lot :(  I would say though the Razers look pretty good too.
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
February 13, 2012 3:47:23 PM

Archer_25 said:
Need A gaming Mouse for price around 70$
i used to have mx518 but its right click got stuck and logitech company has stopped making Mx518 So i am in deep trouble
can u guys help me with mouse around 70$ i usually play all sorts of FPS !!!!!please help !!!!!!
And Suggest A Good mouse pad for the particular Mouse !!!!

Razer deathadder
logitech g400
or any other mouse u know !!!!!
confused between these two !!!!
Thanks !!!

The g400 is nearly identical to your Mx518. If you liked it and don't want to change, that is what I'd get.

However, I have a g400 and a MS sidewinder x8 and I much prefer to thumb button locations on the MS sidewinder x8 and can't bring myself to use the g400, even though I prefer it's software.

The MS sidewinder x8 is also wireless, but very responsive with 4000 dpi, so it handles as well as wired mice.
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
February 13, 2012 4:47:46 PM

best just go to a local pc retail store and check there selection for feel and comfort or order the 1s you like and send the 1s back you dont. because its obvious by what people are posting that mice are a very personal choice.
m
l
!