EQ2 - Inactivity Timer?

Hi gang!

I'm having a problem whenever I go into seller mode in my room.
Approximately one hour after I go into seller mode, and if i have no other
activity, the game automatically kicks me to the character screen, or I get
the "lost connection" screen. I'm using DSL so my line isn't hanging up.

Does anyone know if they have an inactivity timer to keep people from going
into seller mode for days on end like in eq1?

This is happening to my friends also, and it doesn't seem to be a
coincidence.

I've sent several bug reports.

Thanks!

Lou
Heckyoubus - Level 13 Enchanter
Permafrost
EQ2
13 answers Last reply
More about inactivity timer

    On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 16:44:47 GMT, "Lou Vincze" <biglou@ix.netcom.com>
    wrote:

    >Hi gang!
    >
    >I'm having a problem whenever I go into seller mode in my room.
    >Approximately one hour after I go into seller mode, and if i have no other
    >activity, the game automatically kicks me to the character screen, or I get
    >the "lost connection" screen. I'm using DSL so my line isn't hanging up.
    >
    >Does anyone know if they have an inactivity timer to keep people from going
    >into seller mode for days on end like in eq1?
    >
    >This is happening to my friends also, and it doesn't seem to be a
    >coincidence.
    >
    >I've sent several bug reports.

    I honestly don't think so. I've had my char online, most of it
    selling, for several days at a time.

    --
    Elder Lizsolo Spiritmaster - 66 Beastlord
    Baron Darkensolo - 65 Cleric

    A: Top Posters
    Q: What's the most irritating thing on Usenet?

    Lou Vincze wrote:
    > Hi gang!
    >
    > I'm having a problem whenever I go into seller mode in my room.
    > Approximately one hour after I go into seller mode, and if i have no other
    > activity, the game automatically kicks me to the character screen, or I get
    > the "lost connection" screen. I'm using DSL so my line isn't hanging up.
    >
    > Does anyone know if they have an inactivity timer to keep people from going
    > into seller mode for days on end like in eq1?
    >
    > This is happening to my friends also, and it doesn't seem to be a
    > coincidence.
    >
    > I've sent several bug reports.

    I don't play EQ2 but since one person who does says that isn't a
    problem with them, I will relate my experiences with trader mode
    and even regular play in EQ.

    I went through a period where I got disconnected every 72 minutes.
    (I'm not sure if I'm remembering the exact number of minutes, but
    for a long period of time, it was a very regular cycle of disconnects.)
    While I can't point at the exact thing that stopped this because
    two things happened pretty much simultaneously. We fiddled around
    with our wireless router and the cable company did some replacing
    of their equipment.

    If you don't have a wireless system set up in your house, how old
    is the equipment/wires your cable company is using? Or your tele-
    phone wires if you're using dial-up?

    Tracey

    "Tracey" <rbrancher2@aol.com> wrote in message

    > Lou Vincze wrote:
    >> Hi gang!
    >>
    >> I'm having a problem whenever I go into seller mode in my room.
    >> Approximately one hour after I go into seller mode, and if i have no
    >> other activity, the game automatically kicks me to the character screen,
    >> or I get the "lost connection" screen. I'm using DSL so my line isn't
    >> hanging up.
    >>
    >> Does anyone know if they have an inactivity timer to keep people from
    >> going into seller mode for days on end like in eq1?
    >>
    >> This is happening to my friends also, and it doesn't seem to be a
    >> coincidence.
    >>
    >> I've sent several bug reports.
    >>

    > I don't play EQ2 but since one person who does says that isn't a
    > problem with them, I will relate my experiences with trader mode
    > and even regular play in EQ.
    >
    > I went through a period where I got disconnected every 72 minutes.
    > (I'm not sure if I'm remembering the exact number of minutes, but
    > for a long period of time, it was a very regular cycle of disconnects.)
    > While I can't point at the exact thing that stopped this because
    > two things happened pretty much simultaneously. We fiddled around
    > with our wireless router and the cable company did some replacing
    > of their equipment.
    >
    > If you don't have a wireless system set up in your house, how old
    > is the equipment/wires your cable company is using? Or your tele-
    > phone wires if you're using dial-up?
    >
    > Tracey

    I'm using Verizon DSL. I have no other problems with it. I also play EQ1
    and don't have the problem while parked in the bazaar there.

    Lou

    Lou Vincze wrote:
    > "Tracey" <rbrancher2@aol.com> wrote in message
    >

    >>Lou Vincze wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hi gang!
    >>>
    >>>I'm having a problem whenever I go into seller mode in my room.
    >>>Approximately one hour after I go into seller mode, and if i have no
    >>>other activity, the game automatically kicks me to the character screen,
    >>>or I get the "lost connection" screen. I'm using DSL so my line isn't
    >>>hanging up.
    >>>
    >>>Does anyone know if they have an inactivity timer to keep people from
    >>>going into seller mode for days on end like in eq1?
    >>>
    >>>This is happening to my friends also, and it doesn't seem to be a
    >>>coincidence.
    >>>
    >>>I've sent several bug reports.
    >>>

    >>I don't play EQ2 but since one person who does says that isn't a
    >>problem with them, I will relate my experiences with trader mode
    >>and even regular play in EQ.
    >>
    >>I went through a period where I got disconnected every 72 minutes.
    >>(I'm not sure if I'm remembering the exact number of minutes, but
    >>for a long period of time, it was a very regular cycle of disconnects.)
    >>While I can't point at the exact thing that stopped this because
    >>two things happened pretty much simultaneously. We fiddled around
    >>with our wireless router and the cable company did some replacing
    >>of their equipment.
    >>
    >>If you don't have a wireless system set up in your house, how old
    >>is the equipment/wires your cable company is using? Or your tele-
    >>phone wires if you're using dial-up?
    >>
    >>Tracey
    >>

    > I'm using Verizon DSL. I have no other problems with it. I also play EQ1
    > and don't have the problem while parked in the bazaar there.

    Then you can forget about everything I said. :P

    Tracey

    I only get kicked off from trader normally when the 7:00am downtime comes
    along every day, other than that its normally always up. So i dont think
    its happening delibrately.

    "Toytown" <billg@microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I only get kicked off from trader normally when the 7:00am downtime comes
    >along every day, other than that its normally always up. So i dont think
    >its happening delibrately.
    >
    > "Lou Vincze" <biglou@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi gang!
    >>
    >> I'm having a problem whenever I go into seller mode in my room.
    >> Approximately one hour after I go into seller mode, and if i have no
    >> other activity, the game automatically kicks me to the character screen,
    >> or I get the "lost connection" screen. I'm using DSL so my line isn't
    >> hanging up.
    >>
    >> Does anyone know if they have an inactivity timer to keep people from
    >> going into seller mode for days on end like in eq1?
    >>
    >> This is happening to my friends also, and it doesn't seem to be a
    >> coincidence.
    >>
    >> I've sent several bug reports.
    >>
    >> Thanks!
    >>
    >> Lou
    >> Heckyoubus - Level 13 Enchanter
    >> Permafrost
    >> EQ2

    The game crashed every day at 7 AM? What's that all about?????

    Lou

    >> The game crashed every day at 7 AM? What's that all about?????
    >
    > Lou

    It is taken down for routine maintenance each day - I think the intention is
    to reduce the number of major updates required which takes the game offline
    for hours at a time ;)

    --
    eq2.najena.Simonette
    eq2.najena.Floriana

    "Darkensolo" <handy@solo-technology.killthis.com> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 16:44:47 GMT, "Lou Vincze" <biglou@ix.netcom.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Hi gang!
    >>
    >>I'm having a problem whenever I go into seller mode in my room.
    >>Approximately one hour after I go into seller mode, and if i have no other
    >>activity, the game automatically kicks me to the character screen, or I
    >>get
    >>the "lost connection" screen. I'm using DSL so my line isn't hanging up.
    >>
    >>Does anyone know if they have an inactivity timer to keep people from
    >>going
    >>into seller mode for days on end like in eq1?
    >>
    >>This is happening to my friends also, and it doesn't seem to be a
    >>coincidence.
    >>
    >>I've sent several bug reports.
    >>

    > I honestly don't think so. I've had my char online, most of it
    > selling, for several days at a time.

    This is impossible since, as other people have mentioned, the servers go
    down every 24 hours (7am PST) for routine maintenance.

    LoonBoon

    On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 11:02:54 -0500, "LoonBoon" <LCallis@nuvox.net>
    wrote:

    >"Darkensolo" <handy@solo-technology.killthis.com> wrote in message
    >> On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 16:44:47 GMT, "Lou Vincze" <biglou@ix.netcom.com>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hi gang!
    >>>
    >>>I'm having a problem whenever I go into seller mode in my room.
    >>>Approximately one hour after I go into seller mode, and if i have no other
    >>>activity, the game automatically kicks me to the character screen, or I
    >>>get
    >>>the "lost connection" screen. I'm using DSL so my line isn't hanging up.
    >>>
    >>>Does anyone know if they have an inactivity timer to keep people from
    >>>going
    >>>into seller mode for days on end like in eq1?
    >>>
    >>>This is happening to my friends also, and it doesn't seem to be a
    >>>coincidence.
    >>>
    >>>I've sent several bug reports.
    >>>

    >> I honestly don't think so. I've had my char online, most of it
    >> selling, for several days at a time.
    >>
    >This is impossible since, as other people have mentioned, the servers go
    >down every 24 hours (7am PST) for routine maintenance.

    Ok, true enough. I work around the routine planned bit each morning
    before heading off to the office. The point (besides the one on top
    of my head) is that I've never been randomly disconnected.

    --
    Elder Lizsolo Spiritmaster - 66 Beastlord
    Baron Darkensolo - 65 Cleric
    Pliska - 44 SK twink hoping to grow into his armor someday...
    Rodcet Nife

    A: Top Posters
    Q: What's the most irritating thing on Usenet?

    "Lou Vincze" <biglou@ix.netcom.com> wrote in

    > Hi gang!
    >
    > I'm having a problem whenever I go into seller mode in my room.
    > Approximately one hour after I go into seller mode, and if i have no
    > other activity, the game automatically kicks me to the character
    > screen, or I get the "lost connection" screen. I'm using DSL so my
    > line isn't hanging up.
    >
    > Does anyone know if they have an inactivity timer to keep people from
    > going into seller mode for days on end like in eq1?
    >
    > This is happening to my friends also, and it doesn't seem to be a
    > coincidence.
    >
    > I've sent several bug reports.

    There is not, I often leave my trader up overnight. I do get booted when
    they do their regular short shutdown in the AM PST.

    --
    On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

    On Steamfont in <Insanity Plea>
    Graeme, 21 Dwarven Mystic, 20 Sage

    > On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 11:02:54 -0500, "LoonBoon" <LCallis@nuvox.net>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>"Darkensolo" <handy@solo-technology.killthis.com> wrote in message

    >>> I honestly don't think so. I've had my char online, most of it
    >>> selling, for several days at a time.
    >>>
    >>This is impossible since, as other people have mentioned, the servers
    >>go down every 24 hours (7am PST) for routine maintenance.
    >>

    > Ok, true enough. I work around the routine planned bit each morning
    > before heading off to the office. The point (besides the one on top
    > of my head) is that I've never been randomly disconnected.

    I have, but usually I only get dropped by the maintenance.

    --
    On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

    On Steamfont in <Insanity Plea>
    Graeme, 21 Dwarven Mystic, 20 Sage

    "Lou Vincze" <biglou@ix.netcom.com> wrote in
    > "Toytown" <billg@microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> "Lou Vincze" <biglou@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
    >>> Hi gang!
    >>>
    >>> I'm having a problem whenever I go into seller mode in my room.
    >>> Approximately one hour after I go into seller mode, and if i have no
    >>> other activity, the game automatically kicks me to the character
    >>> screen, or I get the "lost connection" screen. I'm using DSL so my
    >>> line isn't hanging up.
    >>>
    >>> Does anyone know if they have an inactivity timer to keep people
    >>> from going into seller mode for days on end like in eq1?
    >>>
    >>> This is happening to my friends also, and it doesn't seem to be a
    >>> coincidence.
    >>>
    >>> I've sent several bug reports.
    >>
    >>I only get kicked off from trader normally when the 7:00am downtime
    >>comes along every day, other than that its normally always up. So i
    >>dont think its happening delibrately.
    >>
    > The game crashed every day at 7 AM? What's that all about?????

    <Corrected Toytowns toppost>

    It goes down for regular maintenance at 7AM PST ever day, usually down
    for 15 minutes or so.

    --
    On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

    On Steamfont in <Insanity Plea>
    Graeme, 21 Dwarven Mystic, 20 Sage

    Your ISP might have something like an activity timer (even though
    you're on DSL).

    It might also be a (rather improbable, if it always occurs after an
    hour) internet hiccup (like the DNS has transient problems) which means
    that the data packets don't flow back and forth from client and server
    for a long enough period to kick you out of the game.

Games Video Games