new additional lines now 10 dollars less

Jason

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003

oh wow I just read it again....its a big fee for the first two lines....

So now I pay $59 for line 1 and $20 each for lines 2, 3, and 4. so really I
am paying $59+$60= $119

with this new plan I would pay:
$59 for line one
$59 for line two
$9.99 line 3
$9.99 line 4
total: $137.98

Is this correct? so I really should not switch, unless I am reading it
wrong and it is $59 total for line 1 and 2

"Jason" <none@none.invalid> wrote in message
> OK so now additional lines for family share are $10 instead of $20. Have
> they taken any features away?
>
> thanks.

Rich

Jason wrote:
> oh wow I just read it again....its a big fee for the first two lines....
>
> So now I pay $59 for line 1 and $20 each for lines 2, 3, and 4. so really I
> am paying $59+$60= $119
>
> with this new plan I would pay:
> $59 for line one
> $59 for line two
> $9.99 line 3
> $9.99 line 4
> total: $137.98
>
> Is this correct? so I really should not switch, unless I am reading it
> wrong and it is $59 total for line 1 and 2

You are reading it wrong, it is $59.99 for lines 1 and 2 together. (Or
view it as $50 for line 1 and 9.99 for line 2).

Rich

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 00:00:52 -0500, Rich <mathwhiz@mathwhiz.org>
wrote:

>Jason wrote:
>> oh wow I just read it again....its a big fee for the first two lines....
>>
>> So now I pay $59 for line 1 and $20 each for lines 2, 3, and 4. so really I
>> am paying $59+$60= $119
>>
>> with this new plan I would pay:
>> $59 for line one
>> $59 for line two
>> $9.99 line 3
>> $9.99 line 4
>> total: $137.98
>>
>> Is this correct? so I really should not switch, unless I am reading it
>> wrong and it is $59 total for line 1 and 2
>
>You are reading it wrong, it is $59.99 for lines 1 and 2 together. (Or
>view it as $50 for line 1 and 9.99 for line 2).
>
>Rich

You are correct. The original poster may want to check how many
minutes are available to him for the $59 plan.

In most cases if you switch to the same price plan you will have less
minutes. In my case I went to from the $79 to $99 plan with the 4
total phones and now have 300 more minutes for $20/month less. Had I
stayed on the $79 I would have had a $40 savings but 200 less minutes
which was not an option to me unless I sold my daughter in college. :)

teddeli wrote:

>unless I sold my daughter in college. :)

Ever see the Movie "The Blues Brothers"? Your statement reminds me of what
Dan Akroyd asked... How Much for your Daughter? :)

Justin

teddeli wrote on [Wed, 19 Jan 2005 08:57:13 -0500]:
> On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 00:00:52 -0500, Rich <mathwhiz@mathwhiz.org>
> wrote:
>
>>Jason wrote:
>>> oh wow I just read it again....its a big fee for the first two lines....
>>>
>>> So now I pay $59 for line 1 and $20 each for lines 2, 3, and 4. so really I
>>> am paying $59+$60= $119
>>>
>>> with this new plan I would pay:
>>> $59 for line one
>>> $59 for line two
>>> $9.99 line 3
>>> $9.99 line 4
>>> total: $137.98
>>>
>>> Is this correct? so I really should not switch, unless I am reading it
>>> wrong and it is $59 total for line 1 and 2
>>
>>You are reading it wrong, it is $59.99 for lines 1 and 2 together. (Or
>>view it as $50 for line 1 and 9.99 for line 2).
>>
>>Rich
>

> You are correct. The original poster may want to check how many
> minutes are available to him for the $59 plan.
>
> In most cases if you switch to the same price plan you will have less
> minutes.

No you don't. With the $59 plan it's really the $39 plan with a $20
extra line, making it a $59 plan. More minutes, same price.

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 10:32:39 -0800, "Peter Pan"
<Marcs1102NOSPAM@HotmailNOSPAM.com> wrote:

>teddeli wrote:
>
>>unless I sold my daughter in college. :)
>
>Ever see the Movie "The Blues Brothers"? Your statement reminds me of what
>Dan Akroyd asked... How Much for your Daughter? :)

One of my favorite movies of all time.

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 18:05:00 GMT, Justin <nospam@insightbb.com> wrote:

>teddeli wrote on [Wed, 19 Jan 2005 08:57:13 -0500]:
>> On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 00:00:52 -0500, Rich <mathwhiz@mathwhiz.org>
>> wrote:

>>>You are reading it wrong, it is $59.99 for lines 1 and 2 together. (Or
>>>view it as $50 for line 1 and 9.99 for line 2).
>>>
>>>Rich
>>

>> You are correct. The original poster may want to check how many
>> minutes are available to him for the $59 plan.
>>
>> In most cases if you switch to the same price plan you will have less
>> minutes.
>
>No you don't. With the $59 plan it's really the $39 plan with a $20
>extra line, making it a $59 plan. More minutes, same price.

I'm not really trying to argue with you but the original poster
mentioned only the $59 plan.

I was trying to point out that if he choose the new $59 price point
plan he would get less minutes for that plan. The new $79 (4phones)
plan for me would also have meant less money but less minutes.

Your reasoning of moving to the next higher plan rang true for me. I
gained minutes and lowered my bill by $20/month by moving to the next
higher price plan. The 300 minutes gives me more of a cushion and the
$20 month is better in my pocket .

Moving to the next higher price plan from the current $99 plan with
three phones (I chose this example because two of my friends have
this) would be a $20/month increase for 500 extra minutes.

Staying at the $99 level with the three phones would be a $30/month
savings but also a 500 minute loss/month.

So what I was trying to say is that switching to the same level of the
new price plans is a savings of money but a loss of minutes. Switching
to a higer price plan may mean a money saving and minute gain but only
in some cases.

teddeli wrote:

> Moving to the next higher price plan from the current $99
> plan with three phones (I chose this example because two
> of my friends have this) would be a $20/month increase
> for 500 extra minutes.
>
> Staying at the $99 level with the three phones would be a
> $30/month savings but also a 500 minute loss/month.
>
> So what I was trying to say is that switching to the same
> level of the new price plans is a savings of money but a
> loss of minutes. Switching to a higer price plan may mean
> a money saving and minute gain but only in some cases.

It depends... maybe I'm an exception since I believe I moved
from a promotional plan (but I don't think so -- effectively).

Originally (~1.5 years ago?)I moved to the 1200 AC
Familyshare with 3 lines. There was a promo at the
time for 300 bonus minutes.

$99.99 + $20 + $20 = $140 for 1500 minutes.

Sometime later they converted the promo to a
1500 AC Familyshare for $99.99

I switched (on 1/3/05) to the promo 2000 AC with 100 bonus
minutes, 2100 minutes total. (turned out to be a great move).
For the exact same cost I gained 600 minutes and (real) IN for
the secondary lines.

$99.99 + $20 +$20 = $140

I see that the current 1500 AC includes IN for all lines (where
the old 1500 AC had IN for the primary and only "in family"
for the secondary lines).

$99.99 + $9.99 = $110 (for all 3 lines to stay at 1500 minutes.

If I hadn't taken the promo deal before the 17th it looks like
I could have moved straight across and saved $30 while picking
up IN for the secondary lines. It seems that the deal is different
a different plan levels (naturally they appear to be giving better
deals at the larger plans). I didn't do the math to figure $/minute
for each plan.

(please ignore if I've been rambling about something unrelated
since I didn't read the entire thread...)
-Quick

Jason

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003

ok so I could still save and gain 200 minutes because now I pay $59 for line
1 and $60 for lines 2, 3, and 4 @ $20 each and I get 800 minutes fr a total
of $119

Now I could get the first line at $79 and line 2, 3 and 4 for $29.97 for a
total of about $109...and I get 200 more minutes. Is this right?

Jason wrote on [Wed, 19 Jan 2005 21:08:48 GMT]:
> ok so I could still save and gain 200 minutes because now I pay $59 for line
> 1 and $60 for lines 2, 3, and 4 @ $20 each and I get 800 minutes fr a total
> of $119
>
> Now I could get the first line at $79 and line 2, 3 and 4 for $29.97 for a
> total of about $109...and I get 200 more minutes. Is this right?

Line 2 is included in the plan cost, for $79 you get line 1 and 2, and
then add 3 and 4 for 19.98

> "Justin" <nospam@insightbb.com> wrote in message
>> teddeli wrote on [Wed, 19 Jan 2005 08:57:13 -0500]:

> lines....

> really I

> it

>> > You are correct. The original poster may want to check how many
>> > minutes are available to him for the $59 plan.
>> >
>> > In most cases if you switch to the same price plan you will have less
>> > minutes.
>>
>> No you don't. With the $59 plan it's really the $39 plan with a $20
>> extra line, making it a $59 plan. More minutes, same price.

Actually not. Previously you could not get a Familyshare
plan without a primary line and at least 1 secondary line.

-Quick

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 20:02:32 -0500, teddeli <teddeli@optonline.xxx> chose
to add this to the great equation of life, the universe, and everything:

>On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 10:32:39 -0800, "Peter Pan"
><Marcs1102NOSPAM@HotmailNOSPAM.com> wrote:
>
>>teddeli wrote:
>>
>>>unless I sold my daughter in college. :)
>>
>>Ever see the Movie "The Blues Brothers"? Your statement reminds me of what
>>Dan Akroyd asked... How Much for your Daughter? :)
>>
>One of my favorite movies of all time.

Sorry, guys, but that was John Belushi.

http://home.att.net/~dwstreeter
"Nobody in *this* country likes me, Barney." - Inspector Luger, explaining
why he was looking for a mail-order bride