iBullet

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2012
Hello,
Computer Specs:
Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz 32-bit Win 7
3.00GB Installed Memory (1.00 GB reserved for win 7 OS)
System Model, G41M-Combo.

Graphics Card:
ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series

I've got the latest cataclyst updated drivers.

Okay so to the point and my problem.
My computer was slow, constantly did not respond, froze and the fans went crazy loud and overheated the system.. then one day my cpu and motherboard both blow up together, I put my pc into the shop and got the motherboard and cpu replaced.

Before when my pc was acting up, I could still play any game, wether it be world of warcraft, Minecraft. Now when I play a game it will occasionally for around 5 minutes act up and drop from 50 fps (WoW) to 15 then 1 then back to 50, it keeps dipping and now when i play minecraft, every few seconds i drop down to 1 fps. Ask for anything else you need from me.. I dont know what to do and i dont have the money to upgrade to a better pc.

DM186

Splendid
Chances are when you over heated the system you could of done something to the GPU or even your PSU. I would see if you could barrow anther GPU and a PSU and see if you have the same problem.

If you have the same problem then you know that they arn't the problem. Then it has to do with the MOBO or your CPU. Just because they are brand new doen't mean something is wrong with them.

One more thing check your ram. Make sure all your sticks are good. I hope you can fix the problem. Start planning now and saving money to replace your rig with a new one.

iBullet

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2012

I'm not 100% on what a GPU or PSU is, I'm pretty bright with computers just not the best with hardware wise.
The cpu is not brand new, so possibly there could be something wrong with that, I hope it's not the motherboard as it got me 100dollars recently.

My Ram is around 3-4years old, DDR2.. I will test with some DDR3 (my Motherboard can take both) from a friend and see if it increases performance.

And yes, I'm thinking it's best to start planning and saving for a new computer or at least an upgrade, 5 years this pc has served me and it has served me well ^_^

Thanks for the answer though, will give me a couple things to try before I haul this pc to the bin. :cry:

iBullet

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2012

I got the MOBO one but now I know PSU AND GPU thanks, you have now taught something to someone ^-^

I'm not 100% sure but it seems when I turn off my external hdd my cpu and games dont experience these problems, maybe the external was taking too much usage. Thanks either way :) I think i've sorted it but still going to upgrade my pc one day.

Peace ^_^