EXPLORER.EXE constant page faults

It this normal? I have a page fault rate of EXPLORER.EXE of at least 2
per second! I tried stopping all services and closing/killing anything
not important but the 2/s all remains there. So is this normal Windows
behaviour?

Maybe that is also related to the explorer.exe not responding delays
with the heavy hard disk activity during shutdown...

Gerald

Mine is the same.
It is not a problem.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Page_fault

Regards
Mark Dormer

"Gerald Vogt" <vogt@spamcop.net> wrote in message
> It this normal? I have a page fault rate of EXPLORER.EXE of at least 2 per
> second! I tried stopping all services and closing/killing anything not
> important but the 2/s all remains there. So is this normal Windows
> behaviour?
>
> Maybe that is also related to the explorer.exe not responding delays with
> the heavy hard disk activity during shutdown...
>
> Gerald

TRENDING THREADS