Remove program doesn't open up in Control Panel

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

All the other functions work in Control panel except for "Add or Remove
Program".

Any clues as to why?

Note: i keep my Norton Viruses updated and use the Microsoft Beta Spyware
program in the background.
5 answers Last reply
More about remove program doesn open control panel
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

    Try typing this into "Run" dialog box (under Start menu):

    "*appwiz.cpl*" (without quotes of course)

    What happens? Does it open now?


    --
    Madboy
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

    "prcmd" <prcmd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >All the other functions work in Control panel except for "Add or Remove
    >Program".

    I would scan the core files of Windows with the System File Checker:
    "Description of Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 System File Checker
    (Sfc.exe)" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310747)

    --
    (tm)
    ICQ: 192649233
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

    Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. It worked! I hope you
    are amply rewarded in this lifetime.

    Peter Cohen

    "Thorsten Matzner" wrote:

    > "prcmd" <prcmd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >
    > >All the other functions work in Control panel except for "Add or Remove
    > >Program".
    >
    > I would scan the core files of Windows with the System File Checker:
    > "Description of Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 System File Checker
    > (Sfc.exe)" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310747)
    >
    > --
    > (tm)
    > ICQ: 192649233
    >
  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

    Thanks for spending the time the advice. I tried the first advice to use the
    sfc.exe and I was able to use the add or remove programs window.

    Prcmd

    "Madboy" wrote:

    >
    > Try typing this into "Run" dialog box (under Start menu):
    >
    > "*appwiz.cpl*" (without quotes of course)
    >
    > What happens? Does it open now?
    >
    >
    > --
    > Madboy
    >
  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

    "prcmd" <prcmd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. It worked! I hope you
    >are amply rewarded in this lifetime.

    You are welcome.

    --
    (tm)
    ICQ: 192649233
Ask a new question

Read More

Control Panel Microsoft Windows XP