Event ID: 1508
Date: 7/13/2005
Time: 8:09:23 PM
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: xxxxx
Windows was unable to load the registry. This is often caused by
insufficient memory or insufficient security rights.

DETAIL - The process cannot access the file because it is being used by
another process. for C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local
Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\\UsrClass.dat

I have plenty of pagefile and RAM so how do you fix security rights? I
tried reseting permissions to default...
3 answers Last reply
More about registry error

    You can repair the registry,try search at microsoft,type:307545

    "needlove" wrote:

    > Event Type: Error
    > Event Source: Userenv
    > Event Category: None
    > Event ID: 1508
    > Date: 7/13/2005
    > Time: 8:09:23 PM
    > User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
    > Computer: xxxxx
    > Windows was unable to load the registry. This is often caused by
    > insufficient memory or insufficient security rights.
    >
    > DETAIL - The process cannot access the file because it is being used by
    > another process. for C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local
    > Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\\UsrClass.dat
    >
    > I have plenty of pagefile and RAM so how do you fix security rights? I
    > tried reseting permissions to default...

    Are you on a network?

    Who are you logging on as that the UsrClass.dat from

    C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application
    Data\Microsoft\Windows

    is trying to load?

    Normally the UsrClass.dat from

    C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name Here\Local Settings\Application
    Data\Microsoft\Windows

    should load.
    -----

    ID: 1508
    Source: Userenv
    [[Explanation
    Windows could not load the user's registry information.

    Possible reasons include:

    The registry hive is corrupt.
    You no longer have adequate privileges to the registry hive.

    User Action
    Monitor Event Viewer for additional profile events that might indicate why
    this occurred. ]]
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/support/ee/result.aspx?EvtSrc=Userenv&EvtID=1508&ProdName=Windows+Operating+System&LCID=1033&ProdVer=5.2

    "Windows cannot load your profile because it may be corrupted" error message
    when you try to log on to Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];318011

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:ebK05sBiFHA.2484@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
    needlove <needlove@aw.are> hunted and pecked:
    > Event Type: Error
    > Event Source: Userenv
    > Event Category: None
    > Event ID: 1508
    > Date: 7/13/2005
    > Time: 8:09:23 PM
    > User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
    > Computer: xxxxx
    > Windows was unable to load the registry. This is often caused by
    > insufficient memory or insufficient security rights.
    >
    > DETAIL - The process cannot access the file because it is being used by
    > another process. for C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local
    > Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\\UsrClass.dat
    >
    > I have plenty of pagefile and RAM so how do you fix security rights? I
    > tried reseting permissions to default...

    Wesley Vogel said;

    "Are you on a network?"

    No, single PC, connected to cable ISP

    "Who are you logging on as that the UsrClass.dat from
    C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application
    Data\Microsoft\Windows is trying to load?"

    I log on normally to the only account available on my logon screen but when
    looking at permissions for services I see ASP.NET, Administrator,
    NTAuthority/System, Network Service, Default user; are all available,
    working accounts. I have this Security Audit clipped from Event veiwer:
    Event Type: Success Audit
    Event Source: Security
    Event Category: Logon/Logoff
    Event ID: 528
    Date: 7/13/2005
    Time: 11:59:28 PM
    User: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE
    Computer: xxxxx
    Successful Logon:
    User Name: NETWORK SERVICE
    Domain: NT AUTHORITY
    Logon ID: (0x0,0x3E4)
    Logon Type: 5
    Logon Process: Advapi
    Authentication Package: Negotiate
    Workstation Name:
    Logon GUID: {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}

    I did install a Network Application in addition to TCP/IP in my Network
    adaptor, "Intel PROset", settings hoping it would fix a problem connecting
    to the internet. Now I can't access the settings "Failed to load one of the
    network components" error appears. Some services were loading under the NT
    AUTHORITY/NETWORK SERVICE account and could not be turned on or off. I have
    since changed them back to the local account and will see if things
    straighten out.

    "Normally the UsrClass.dat from C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name
    Here\Local Settings\ApplicationData\Microsoft\Windows should load."

    It must load or, I could no longer use my account or, I would have had to
    reset everthing. Maybe NT AUTHORITY/SYSTEM's registry is corrupt?

    I recently did an "inplace repair" of Windows XP sp2 using a Windows XP sp2
    slipstream CD which makes it impossible to uninstall sp2 now. Then went to
    Windows update and successfully reinstalled all the needed updates. Then
    ran SFC successfully.

    The install log from the inplace repair only said that some nonfatal errors
    had occured. Yesterday I uninstalled and reinstalled Microsoft .Net
    Framework 1.1 and applied the recent service pack for it. I have done
    several other application specific repairs/reinstalls which often help that
    single app but then the problem pops up in something else. I know VIRUS
    comes to mind but I have the best AVS on the planet updated and run once a
    week, more if I use IE a lot ;)

    Thanks for the provided links. I am still looking at the information.

    What is the password for NT AUTHORITY/SYSTEM's account?? How do I log onto
    it??

Microsoft Registry Error Windows XP