how to connect a usb printer to a linksys wireless router

Hi people. Can I hook up my cannon bubble jet printer (with an usb
cable port) directly to my linksys wireless router? My wireless
router only has the standard network ports (not a usb port). Can I use
these inexpensive print servers, like the AIRLINK 1 Port Mini USB 2.0
Print Server APSUSB201 that sells on ebay for $19? If not, what should
I use, and what is the going price on such devices? Thanks!

blakesq@hotmail.com

"blakesq" <blakesq@hotmail.com> wrote in news:1125270748.677880.148970
@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> Can I use
> these inexpensive print servers, like the AIRLINK 1 Port Mini USB 2.0
> Print Server APSUSB201 that sells on ebay for $19?

That's what you're going to need if you want to connect the printer to the
router. Wired and wireless computers using the router will be able to print
to the printer.

long version

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/search.asp?
keywords=print+server&image1.x=6&image1.y=9

short version

http://tinyurl.com/7rlro

And you can serach for more print servers by manufacture name.

Duane :)

> Hi people. Can I hook up my cannon bubble jet printer (with an usb
> cable port) directly to my linksys wireless router? My wireless
> router only has the standard network ports (not a usb port). Can I use

Maybe but some printers have pretty intimate communications via the
specified connection method to determine things like ink level, paper
level and so on.

Sometimes, treating it as a network device leaves you with just print
function and no ability for the driver to query the status.

Try it and see.

David.