Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Looking for gaming keyboard, mouse and headphones

Last response: in Video Games
February 12, 2012 11:37:01 PM

hey guys!

What do you think about this Logitech items? should I consider something else?

Logitech G500

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Logitech G110

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

I was thinking Corsair M60 and K60 but the K60 seems to have problems with fading keys. Is it worth to go mechanical? I am in Mexico so the availability of some products is not great.

And as headphones (not headset) I have been looking into Sennheiser HD line; no soundcard right now so HD 203 are the higher I want to go.

Thanks in advance

February 12, 2012 11:40:42 PM

It is worth it to go mechanical if it interests you at all. As far as which mechanical is right for you, that is largely a personal choice barring some of the obvious ones like avoiding razer keyboards.

As far as headphones, I'd recommend the Audio Technica AD-700's for gaming specifically over the sennheisers. Better cost, better gaming performance, and for what it's worth they're more comfortable as well.

If you're looking at a logitech mouse, try to get a new revision of the G400. It's their best product by far.
Score
February 12, 2012 11:59:22 PM

Thanks! I will look into the Audio Technica AD-700's

I am looking into anything that is top quality (friendly priced) an would last a long time (even if I cant afford all of it at once). That is why I may go mechanical. Saitek is something I may get here; not sure of what models tough.

I looked into Logitech because abailability is somewhat better than other brands and that G400 is cheaper than my option and looks good; thanks for the heads up!

By the way I could not care less for bling bling and stuff; function above form all day long for me.
Score
Related resources

Best solution

February 13, 2012 12:15:18 AM

Yeah the G400's price belies the fact that it's the best optical mouse on the market, and it's logitech's most advanced non-gimmick product. If I wasn't so attached to Zowie mice I would swap over to it in a heartbeat, which is saying something since I pretty bitterly hate logitech on the whole.

With mechanical keyboards, the classic ones to look at are Filco, Das, WASD, Ducky, Deck, and many more that simply don't jump to mind at the moment.

Corsair released the new K60 and K90 series and even though their macro and F1-F12 keys are not mechanical (this is because they sit lower than the rest of the keys on the keyboard, it's kind of an interesting construction) the rest of the keys are all mechanical and they are Cherry Red's which if you prefer a non-tactile linear key, is imo quite a bit nicer for gaming than Cherry Blacks.

If you don't want extra bling and such though, I vouch for Das and I've heard nothing but good things about Filco. The main limitation as you said might be regional availability. Good luck with your purchases though.
February 13, 2012 6:55:54 AM

cant say im surprised at your recommendation for the logitech 400 it uses the Avago ADNS-A3080E optical sensor while the Zowie EC2 Avago ADNS-A3060 optical sensor...
so there both pretty much identical in performance with the 80e being just a fraction more accurate...
i bet thats just a surprise to you too... you basically chose the next iteration of a sensor you already have...

you like it so much because your used to it already... it just shows how 2 different brands can give the same result... my guess is you had no idea it was the same basic kit inside but you subconsciously recognized it thus the reason for your choice.
in a way its not really a good thing, as it could mean you will find it hard to adapt to change... which actually explains a lot about how you seem quite confrontational with an almost how dare they have a different opinion to me attitude...
thats not a dig, just and observation.

Score
February 13, 2012 8:47:05 AM

HEXiT said:
cant say im surprised at your recommendation for the logitech 400 it uses the Avago ADNS-A3080E optical sensor while the Zowie EC2 Avago ADNS-A3060 optical sensor...
so there both pretty much identical in performance with the 80e being just a fraction more accurate...
i bet thats just a surprise to you too... you basically chose the next iteration of a sensor you already have...

you like it so much because your used to it already... it just shows how 2 different brands can give the same result... my guess is you had no idea it was the same basic kit inside but you subconsciously recognized it thus the reason for your choice.
in a way its not really a good thing, as it could mean you will find it hard to adapt to change... which actually explains a lot about how you seem quite confrontational with an almost how dare they have a different opinion to me attitude...
thats not a dig, just and observation.

The new revision G400 has 0 prediction. The Zowie EC2 has prediction. The old G400 has similar angle-snapping to the EC2, which is what I don't prefer about the EC2. I just like its shape, hence why I own one. I don't care for the G400's shape as much, hence why I don't own an older G400.

I can understand your interpretation of my posts to be confrontational, but a bit of background reading of any sort would go a long way toward providing you with enough information to make a worthwhile post on the subject chief. Otherwise, every post is going to sound confrontational to you because you're making inaccurate posts lol.
Score
February 13, 2012 4:40:54 PM

only to your eyes... every 1 else seems fine with the vast majority of what i post... but hey this is a public forum and as long as its kept civil i have no objection to banter. as long as thats all it is... time will tell i suppose.

i wasnt on about the older g400 im referring to the new model with the new sensor and your reasons for liking it... you go with what feels natural to you and because the 2 are so similar you like the new g400... thats not to hard to understand now is it... and like i say it explains why you would get 1 at the drop of a hat ...
Score
February 13, 2012 6:30:05 PM

The G400 is nothing like the EC2 because the EC2 has noticeable prediction and the G400 has none. The G400's sensor is superior to the EC2's in every conceivable way and it disappoints me to admit it, since I prefer the EC2's shape so much more than other mice.

That is why I would choose the G400 over the EC2 as far as recommending someone hardware based solely on its technical prowess. I only use the EC2 out of strictly personal preference for the shape, which I can't possibly recommend it based on since everyone has a different preference. That is probably why I didn't tell the OP to run out and buy a Zowie EC2.

If my taste in mice interests you so much, you should know I'm actually using a Zowie AM at the moment because of how much the EC2's sensor prediction bothers me while sniping.

If you wanted to compare the similarities between 2 sensors, it would be better to compare the Zowie AM and the Logitech G400. Both have 0 prediction and 0 acceleration. The zowie's is arguably inferior though due to not using native CPI through a custom lens. Hence why I didn't recommend a Zowie AM either.

Do you get what I am saying now?

Also I have no problem with what you post, but you're incorrect about the technical specs on the G400's sensor vs. the Zowie EC2's sensor and how similar you think they are. If you have a problem with me correcting you, then you should put more time into reading about the hardware and each mouse before posting about them. That will circumvent me having any reason to quote you aside from possibly agreeing.
Score
February 13, 2012 7:05:21 PM

if youve got the money get these headphones Creative Sound Blaster Tactic3D Wireless Headset
Score
February 13, 2012 7:07:44 PM

xtremegamer2da-max said:
if youve got the money get these headphones Creative Sound Blaster Tactic3D Wireless Headset

Those aren't headphones. He specified no headsets.
Score
February 13, 2012 10:27:27 PM

That is a fact, I am looking for headphones and now that you mention wireless... I think I want to go wired all the way.
Score
February 14, 2012 12:18:29 AM

wow!... you really are looking to make something out of nothing with every post i make aint ya...
yes i base my advice on technical prowess because at the end of the day i prefer to give people the best options not just my own personal opinions...
opinions are just that... opinions...
seriously pal get over yourself. your starting to come across as a pretentious dick.

Score
February 14, 2012 12:21:51 AM

DAROBA said:
That is a fact, I am looking for headphones and now that you mention wireless... I think I want to go wired all the way.

wireless is only worth it if you have a habbit of rolling over your wires... my g930 gaming headset has good sound but it is limited by the wireless features.and although they cost newarly 150 they have saved me that much in the last 18 months. as the previous 18 months i spend nearly 200 on headsets that i broke the wires on...

if your looking for good head gear then you best check out a hifi forum as most here will use gaming grade headsets, which are good for there purpose but not necessarily any good for other audio... technica have a decent rep as do stenhieser but going to a shop and listening to em is the only real way to make a decision if your gonna spend any more than 50bux on em...
Score
February 14, 2012 12:49:48 AM

HEXiT said:
wow!... you really are looking to make something out of nothing with every post i make aint ya...
yes i base my advice on technical prowess because at the end of the day i prefer to give people the best options not just my own personal opinions...
opinions are just that... opinions...
seriously pal get over yourself. your starting to come across as a pretentious dick.

So your response to me correcting you about 2 sensors that exhibit completely different behavior that you thought were virtually the same, is to pout and call me a pretentious dick. Well if it makes you feel better you're right the Zowie EC2 and the new revision Logitech G400 are exactly the same they both say Avago and everything. Sorry for trying to mislead you with facts and technicalities like how the two mice work. It was rude on my part.

I think you take things too personally. If I was trying to be a dick to you, I'd just choose a fancier sentence construction.
Score
February 14, 2012 3:13:08 AM

hey guys!

Well the Audio Technica AD-700 are a no go; there is a AT dealer here but it turns out the headphones cost around 267 usd; way above us pricing so I´ll pass.

Any suggestions for Senheisser? they have a dealer here that backs the warranty 100% and prices are closer to US prices.

As for keyboard I am looking into the DAS Keyboard; it looks good, not in spanish, but hey it seems a great piece of hardwear.

The G400 I like; is there something else you can recommend I look into?

thanks once again for your help.
Score
February 14, 2012 8:51:35 AM

DAROBA said:
hey guys!

Well the Audio Technica AD-700 are a no go; there is a AT dealer here but it turns out the headphones cost around 267 usd; way above us pricing so I´ll pass.

Any suggestions for Senheisser? they have a dealer here that backs the warranty 100% and prices are closer to US prices.

As for keyboard I am looking into the DAS Keyboard; it looks good, not in spanish, but hey it seems a great piece of hardwear.

The G400 I like; is there something else you can recommend I look into?

thanks once again for your help.

Whoa that dealer is price gouging hard. They are on sale everywhere on the internet for $114.99 usd. If you want to read more about headphones including some sennheisers, check out this thread about gaming with headphones on Head-fi.org: http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad-lust-envys-headphon...

With the mouse, not a lot of other ones really jump to my mind as far as exhibiting a great price with no sensor flaws. Really finding a mouse that is as good as the new G400 revision, at any price, is really hard. Almost every other mouse on the market has some sort of issue with sensor whether it be jitter at certain DPI, unremovable acceleration or prediction, blatant skips (looking at the steelseries kana here, cursor literally has random jumps baked into it).

Beyond pure sensor quality, can only recommend a mouse based on what grip you prefer but even that is very personal as each ergo/ambidextrous mouse is entirely different for different people.
Score
February 14, 2012 12:12:11 PM

casualcolors said:
So your response to me correcting you about 2 sensors that exhibit completely different behavior that you thought were virtually the same, is to pout and call me a pretentious dick. Well if it makes you feel better you're right the Zowie EC2 and the new revision Logitech G400 are exactly the same they both say Avago and everything. Sorry for trying to mislead you with facts and technicalities like how the two mice work. It was rude on my part.

I think you take things too personally. If I was trying to be a dick to you, I'd just choose a fancier sentence construction.

no you havent corrected me they are sensors made by the same company and as far as im aware they both have the same features of configurable acceleration... not 0 acceleration..
you are the 1 being an ass by correcting things that dont need to be... well they do to you because your the 1 trying to make something out of nothing.
i mention that the g400 has a similar feel to the zowie mouse and is probably why you like it... you instead of seeing it as it is. just a comment... decide i have insulted you in some way so start trolling that the g400 is totally different blah blah... cant be bothered any more... and yes your being an ass by correcting something that doesnt need correcting ie an opinion...

please feel free to make even more out of nothing...
im just clad to see its not just me you seem to have issue with, i notice you seem to be an an insult streak with other posters 2... well have fun with that as the forum has a 0 tolerance to guys like you...

btw spoony does speak english as a first language and unlike you has social skills that enable him to accept that others may well have different opinions and experiences... i dunno maybe you have asperger's syndrome or something... maybe you should get that checked out...
anyways im done with you ... have fun making something out of nothing and presuming your rite and every 1 else is wrong...
Score
February 14, 2012 12:52:26 PM

Hexit, no disrespect but, you're the one overreacting here and making something out of nothing. casual colors expressed that he disagrees with you, the fact that you started calling him names doesn't prove you right.
Score
February 14, 2012 6:52:46 PM

HEXiT said:
no you havent corrected me they are sensors made by the same company and as far as im aware they both have the same features of configurable acceleration... not 0 acceleration..

Hexit, after your long streak of insulting (and misinformed) posts, are you trying to tell me that you still don't understand the difference between acceleration and prediction? Rofl good lord man re-read the thread haha.

Going back and re-reading it myself, I can't help but notice that you didn't even come into the thread to help the OP with a suggestion of any kind. You just came to try and troll me based on research about 2 mice that you never bothered to do. Haha I like you quite a lot.
Score
February 14, 2012 11:03:29 PM

I love my logitech G110. Basicaly a normal keyboard with a few extra keys and a nice backlight. Also recommend a G500.
Score
February 15, 2012 11:36:37 AM

AntiZig said:
Hexit, no disrespect but, you're the one overreacting here and making something out of nothing. casual colors expressed that he disagrees with you, the fact that you started calling him names doesn't prove you right.

yeah i agree it looks like that but this actually started in another post entirely... which is probably the reason why he's kept this 1 going and left the other to die.
Score
February 15, 2012 6:35:25 PM

HEXiT said:
yeah i agree it looks like that but this actually started in another post entirely... which is probably the reason why he's kept this 1 going and left the other to die.

Are you talking about when I said that Anisotropic filtering didn't have much impact on frames per second on modern graphics cards, and you made a lengthy reply about how FXAA crushes frames per second and that I had no idea what I was talking about, ignoring the fact that no one was talking about FXAA?

Or are you talking about the thread where you wanted to debate the quality of a sound card+pure headphones vs. a pair of wireless logitech 930's despite the subject being literally exhausted on numerous websites which were linked for your welcome reading (which you never did lol).

Or are you talking about the thread where I said that a single 6970 couldn't run skyrim on ultra across 3 monitors at 60 frames per second, trying to keep the OP from feeling bad about their nvidia purchase for triple monitor, and then your friend quoted my post and made a snarky reply that made it obvious that he didn't have the capacity to understand my post in the first place, since he went out of his way to sound like a tool but ultimately conceded every point that I had made (with his huge retort that He himself has seen a single 6970 run skyrim across 3 screens at 40 fps, which I had never called into question in the first place).

Or we can conclude it here, where you've officially taken the position that the sensor of the Zowie EC2 and the new G400 perform essentially the same. Even ignoring the fact that you still think acceleration is somehow an issue here, when I was talking about prediction, just making that statement will get you laughed off of any peripheral-centric forum at the moment. You're welcome to head over to overclockers mouse forums though if you would prefer.

If you want to continue this in any of those threads, you're welcome to. But as it stands, either due to logic or your own shortcomings I'm literally eviscerating you in topics that I didn't feel like fighting about in the first place. You just keep seeking out these topics to debate them ad nauseum without even having the courtesy to research a single one of them before you post. It's like some kind of ultra-elaborate meta troll, or you have more severe problems than a simple learning disability. Anyway, you let me know where you want to continue, if anywhere.

By the way if this is the embodiment of some trolling internet pseudo-personality where you just blindly argue about anything so long as you don't actually know anything about it, then I fully admit it's hilarious and I love it.
Score
February 16, 2012 5:31:25 PM

hey guys! while looking for the Audio Technica´s I came across AKG 99 any opinions on them?
Score
February 16, 2012 6:35:05 PM

Not familiar with them. I would check Head-fi for more info about them specifically. AKG does have some nice products in their line so it's certainly worth looking into further.
Score
February 16, 2012 7:00:32 PM

I found out some guys I know have them in their studio and I am going to check them during the weekend. I liked some AKG K 77´s, so maybe the 99´s will do fine.

I rather get a set of good headphones for music and play games with them that have an average all around sound from gaming headset/phones
Score
February 16, 2012 9:16:25 PM

DAROBA said:
I found out some guys I know have them in their studio and I am going to check them during the weekend. I liked some AKG K 77´s, so maybe the 99´s will do fine.

I rather get a set of good headphones for music and play games with them that have an average all around sound from gaming headset/phones

Oh if that's the case then you're not missing out on the Audio Technica AD700's anyway. They are very light in bass and have a lot of treble, which is part of the reason that they are so good for positional sound. They are nice for music but not up to the task the same way other headphones are. Maybe the AKG's will be more what you want anyway regardless of price.
Score
February 27, 2012 3:05:16 AM

Best answer selected by DAROBA.
Score
March 1, 2012 2:19:15 AM

Update.

I went looking for que G400 and I was told by Logitech Mexico it is not legally imported to my country... so I went Corsair M60 and I am really happy. I will wait to get my Das keyboard. As for the headphones; I looked into the Steelseries line but they do not seem to fit my needs so AKG K99 will be here soon.

Thanks to all and take it for what it is worth the M60 rocks
Score
March 1, 2012 6:07:01 PM

thanx for the update. glad to hear your happy even if i did go a little off topic...
Score
March 1, 2012 6:41:17 PM

Nice. I've heard a lot of good things about the M60 and I think most importantly, the design of the M and K series mice and keyboards from corsair shows that they are critically examining what features people actually WANT and will USE for gaming. Pretty neat that their foray into peripherals is yielding some really good hardware.
Score
!