Sign in with
Your question

Software to backup/manage saved games

Last response: in Video Games
February 12, 2012 11:51:13 PM

Is there any software available for Windows that will let me backup all my saved games? Also looking for something to restore saved games if I had to do a fresh install of the game/windows. Thanks!
February 13, 2012 10:24:53 AM

Most games just place their "save game" files in your .../Documents or ../Documents/MyGames directories. Just back up the folder the game uses for savegame files and you're golden.

For example: C:\Users\Jonathan\Documents\My Games\Crysis\SaveGames

m
l
February 13, 2012 12:27:26 PM

Hello,
there isn't a software like that available (at least I haven't heard of one). Reason is there's very many game companies that make games, and different companies use different folders to save their games.

So the best way to do save backups is to do them yourself and make little notes in txt files so you don't forget where the files have to go back into in case you wish to restore those save files.

If you find any program that does what you want to do, let me know, I'd be interested to try it.
m
l
February 22, 2012 11:46:53 PM

AntiZig said:
Hello,
there isn't a software like that available (at least I haven't heard of one). Reason is there's very many game companies that make games, and different companies use different folders to save their games.

So the best way to do save backups is to do them yourself and make little notes in txt files so you don't forget where the files have to go back into in case you wish to restore those save files.

If you find any program that does what you want to do, let me know, I'd be interested to try it.

I read about one in Maximum PC I believe, maybe PC World magazine. Cannot seem to remember! :cry: 
m
l
!