robexuk

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2012
:pt1cable: can someone tell me what i need to boost my system so i can run Runescape, without lagg and stops & logouts? plz Help :pt1cable:

could you go to start > run > type in
dxdiag
hit ok > if the dialog box comes up select yes > the program will the scan your hardware and list all the important components on the system tab.

I'm interested to know what is listed for "Processor" and "Memory"

also, on the Display tab what is listed under "Name" "DAC Type" "Approx. Total Memory" and "Current Display Mode"

Also, if you do not wish to wait for me to read through what you find, you can try the following,
go to this website:
http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/

type in runescape in search bar and hit the big blue button saying "can you run it"
the website will then scan your hardware and give you an estimate on whether you will be able to run the game or not.

Minimum requirements correspond to playing the game on lowest settings with lowest resolutions, while recommended settings would allow you to play on medium settings at medium resolutions, etc. The website will also identify which components of your system require upgrading. If you have trouble with figuring out what kind of upgrade would work for you, come back and let us know what you find.

robexuk

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2012

Hi All,

great info ...always good to know your Pc is sad & over the hill (Lol)Im looking at the XPS 8300 Intel® Core™ i5-2320 Processor (3.00GHz, 6MB)

Im wondering if this will be the awnser to my gaming probs??

Intel® Core™ i5-2320 Processor (3.00GHz, 6MB

1 English Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium (64 BIT) 1

1Yr Collect & Returns Warranty –

DataSafe Online Backup 2GB - 1 year licence 1

Adobe® Photoshop® Elements + Premiere® Elements Bundle 1

8192MB Dual Channel DDR3 1333MHz [4x2048] Memory 1
DVD +/- RW Drive (read/write CD & DVD) with Roxio and DVD Burn software 1

1.5TB Dual Hard Drive No RAID (500GB & 1TB 7200rpm) 1
Graphics :
1GB AMD Radeon HD 6670 1 Sound :

Integrated 7.1 with THX® TruStudio 1

XPS 8300 Resource DVD 1

addzy94

Distinguished
May 27, 2011

You are right. I too had this problem a few months back...when i tried to play runescape.

And...what is bot-nuke??? They are weeding out all bots or something??

Any computer can run runescape.

robexuk

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2012
Hi Guys,

This is all great....The bot bust has shaken things up abit..& Jagex are always adding new graphics...But i used

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/

and put in Runescape and it showed me all the online games my PC could run.;.However I didnt even meet the min requirements for Runescape..So at the mo Im playing it very slow and laggy...

Ill Be Back!!!!