WOW i just got this thing HELP

Kip

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2004

I Just had a new hard drive installed and now i re installed windows and
everything is working fine. but when i load windows i get these errors.

cli and CLl did not initilize properly... so i hit ok and it terminated
them. but i did not notice any difference.. can someone help me... is this
something to be afraid of? or how can i fix this aswell. help is much
appreciated.

-Graham

The Cli.exe is usually associated with ATI graphics card. You have just
reinstalled windows so windows has used it's default copy of ATI drivers.
There maybe a corruption in the files somewhere. However, ATI have updated
there drivers so pop along to
https://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894&task=knowledge&folderID=27

I assume you have an ATI Radeon graphics card? From this link download the
latest drivers. Also download the Catalyst uninstaller and run that first to
remove the old drivers. Afterwards install the new drivers. It is a simply
process just click on the .EXE file and the application will do the rest.
The files are large, though - between 25 and 34MB.
Incidentally when installing the application will install both drivers and
control panel. To be honest you don't really need the control panel - unless
you are a gamer - so click the advanced option during installation to give
you the option to choose what to install. Remove the tick fromt he control
panel option and make sure the option for drivers is ticked. Then let it
install. You will need to reboot yuor machine afterwards.

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert