EQ2: Dual monitor suppport

This may be a bit of a stretch, but i saw the dual monitor wall papers that
you can download, so does that mean the game will support dual monitors? I
did a google search but didn't come accross anything.

Is there anyone playing that has dual monitors? I'm going to try this
tonight, so i'll post my results.

"Mark J. Handy" <mjhandy_@_rogers.DOtCOm> wrote in message
> This may be a bit of a stretch, but i saw the dual monitor wall papers
> that
> you can download, so does that mean the game will support dual monitors? I
> did a google search but didn't come accross anything.
>
> Is there anyone playing that has dual monitors? I'm going to try this
> tonight, so i'll post my results.

That depends on what you want to do with dual monitors. If you run EQ2 in a
window, you can have that Window on one monitor, and browse forums, maps,
other websites, etc online from the other monitor. But you can not have
both monitors running EQ2 with, say, your gameplay view on one monitor, and
your inventory, stats, etc on another.

EQ2, itself, may be able to stretch across two monitors (again, in windowed
mode) but that would leave your character split down the middle between both
monitors.

"toolstech" <spam_someone@else.com> wrote in

> "Mark J. Handy" <mjhandy_@_rogers.DOtCOm> wrote in message
>> This may be a bit of a stretch, but i saw the dual monitor wall
>> papers that you can download, so does that mean the game will support
>> dual monitors? I did a google search but didn't come accross
>> anything.
>>
>> Is there anyone playing that has dual monitors? I'm going to try this
>> tonight, so i'll post my results.
>
> That depends on what you want to do with dual monitors. If you run
> EQ2 in a window, you can have that Window on one monitor, and browse
> forums, maps, other websites, etc online from the other monitor. But
> you can not have both monitors running EQ2 with, say, your gameplay
> view on one monitor, and your inventory, stats, etc on another.
>
> EQ2, itself, may be able to stretch across two monitors (again, in
> windowed mode) but that would leave your character split down the
> middle between both monitors.

You could actually fix that by setting your viewport to be fully on one
monitor, and moving all your other stuff (chat boxes, buff bar, spell
icons, etc.) off to the other monitor, after stretching EQ to cover both
monitors, assuming it will allow you to stretch it that way.

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

On Steamfont in <Insanity Plea>
Graeme, 21 Dwarven Mystic, 20 Sage

"Graeme Faelban" <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote in message
> "toolstech" <spam_someone@else.com> wrote in
>

>> "Mark J. Handy" <mjhandy_@_rogers.DOtCOm> wrote in message
>>> This may be a bit of a stretch, but i saw the dual monitor wall
>>> papers that you can download, so does that mean the game will support
>>> dual monitors? I did a google search but didn't come accross
>>> anything.
>>>
>>> Is there anyone playing that has dual monitors? I'm going to try this
>>> tonight, so i'll post my results.
>>
>> That depends on what you want to do with dual monitors. If you run
>> EQ2 in a window, you can have that Window on one monitor, and browse
>> forums, maps, other websites, etc online from the other monitor. But
>> you can not have both monitors running EQ2 with, say, your gameplay
>> view on one monitor, and your inventory, stats, etc on another.
>>
>> EQ2, itself, may be able to stretch across two monitors (again, in
>> windowed mode) but that would leave your character split down the
>> middle between both monitors.
>>

> You could actually fix that by setting your viewport to be fully on one
> monitor, and moving all your other stuff (chat boxes, buff bar, spell
> icons, etc.) off to the other monitor, after stretching EQ to cover both
> monitors, assuming it will allow you to stretch it that way.

It wouldn't let me do that... After trying damn near everything I could
come up with, the best approach I've found (at least for my play-style) is
to play the game in windowed mode on my primary monitor (at full size
though), and use my other monitors for displaying maps and whatnot. You can
play fullscreen in a multi-display environment, but it will snap to
full-screen on one monitor, and whenever you click outside the game, it will
revert back to windowed mode anyway...