Retrieve lost windows components

did a system restore to retrieve accidently deleted component. Didn't work
but I was able to find the program on Recovery disk. However, I lost windows
games programs. could'nt recover them with undo restore and my Toshiba
Satellite P35-5611 did'nt come with Windows disk. (I unfortunatly did not
make a backup disc when I got it. Any sugestions?

Contact Toshiba Support and request their Windows XP Recovery CD.
http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/su/su_sc_home.jsp

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"AMEK" wrote:

| did a system restore to retrieve accidently deleted component. Didn't work
| but I was able to find the program on Recovery disk. However, I lost windows
| games programs. could'nt recover them with undo restore and my Toshiba
| Satellite P35-5611 did'nt come with Windows disk. (I unfortunatly did not
| make a backup disc when I got it. Any sugestions?

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

Carey Frisch [MVP] wrote:
> Contact Toshiba Support and request their Windows XP Recovery CD.
> http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/su/su_sc_home.jsp

Hi Carey,

I'm in a similar situation.
Toshiba notebook warranty has expired.
Using WinXP home.
Bought new 80G H.D. today to replace original 30G.

Can't install WinXP on it! Can hardly do anything!
First (with the help of Toshiba) I needed to update the DMI before the
notebook would even see the recovery disks.

Started the recovery process. The 80 G h.d. was formatted first (with
no option to make partitions). I got as far as the second of three CD
disks when a file read error occurred and the whole recovery process
was aborted. Computer re-booted spontaneously.

Tried the recovery several times and the same file read error occurs at
different times (sometimes on first disk, sometimes on second).

A legitimate Windows users is completely stymied. A simple hardware
upgrade and I'm screwed.

Any suggestions to get this working?

Thanks!