Command and Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars giving an insert correct disk error

EternalDragon

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2012
I recently re-installed Command and Conquer 3, and patched it up to the latest version, 1.09, previous to the patch the game worked perfectly, once I patched it, I got the following error:
Wrong disc inserted.

Please insert the original "Command and Conquer 3" CD/DVD.
I get the same error while trying to run Command and conquer The first Decade.
I'm running a 64-bit version of windows seven, I'll post the rest of my system specs if they are needed.

DM186

Splendid
I just bought command & conquer the first Decade and have yet to play it. So have you totally removed both the game and patch from your computer than reinstalled just the game? Also make sure all your drivers all up to date.

EternalDragon

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2012
It does work with an unpatched version of the game, I'm not sure why the patch won't work, could this error be being caused by an updated security feature wrongly detecting my disk as a fake? or, could it be detecting small scratches on the disk (I've had these games since they where released) and thinking its a fake? however, the first decade edition has no patch and doesn't work for some of the newer games. which is a shame :/

DM186

Splendid
Well lets start with what you are using for your rig. Need Mother board(MOBO) need power supply (PSU) how many watts and the brand. If this is store bought PC then just give the watts and what kind of PC it is.

Need the graphics card(GPU) need Ram and I think that is it. Now I have a few questions. The disk are they a store bought or a copy of a store bought? When you say scratches, where on the disk are they?

I don't get what you mean by "the first decade edition has no patch and doesn't work for some of the newer games. which is a shame "? What exactly do you mean by for some newer games?

I got this"no patch and doesn't work the first decade." I just don't get the rest of your comment. Also some games won't down load with internet security on. If you could get back to me on this I would appreciate it and thanks