360 turns off need some quick advice

huntsman

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
Hey guys im trying to fix a 360 for my friend. I put the disc in it loads it up i pick survival mode to play and as soon as its done loading the map the 360 just turns off and i get 3 rrod. This is with everything connected, I then unplugged the hard drive and the same thing happens as soon as the game is done loading a map it just turns off.

I tried a different cd drive that he gave me but the 2nd drive wont read the discs at all. It spins for a moment and then stops.

I took apart both drives to check the laser and the laser are clean on both of them, although the second drive has a good amount of dust inside but not on the laser itself. Anyway I will clean it out and see if it helps.

Now i tried playing a cd with pictures and it reads it fine, the 360 does not turn off. Also when the 360 just idles on the dashboard its fine and does not turn off. I will try playing a movie and see what happens.

After that I have one more thing i will try and that is download a game or demo one that does not require a disc and see what happens but anyway do you guys have any ideas what it could be ? I have read that there was a system update that wouldnt read game discs.

ricardois

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
Well looks like temps problem, i think you need to clean the dust on the video game, looks like the videogame is getting too hot, and when you start pulling more from the graphics card he turn off for safety reasons.

huntsman

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
Its not the temps, i put aftermarket fans directly on both heat sinks the case is opened as well. I just tried playing a movie and its fine it only turns of when trying to play a game. I will let you know how it goes once i download a demo and see if that works.

TRENDING THREADS