PC taking for ever to boot up.

I'm running Windows XP Pro and service pack 2.
I have looked in task manager and found 2 poss 3 progs that take my procesor
to 100%
Mainly csrss.exe

and then pqsuvxpv.exe

and then vpxvusqp.exe

Xp will not let me delete them.

Plus in msconfig the file pqsuvxpv.exe is there about 100 time
and its this which slows down my startup.
If anyone needs more info just ask.

Thanks to all that reply.

gillby
2 answers Last reply
More about taking boot

    Boot into safe mode. pqsuvxpv.exe may be a virus, so update your virus defs
    and do a full scan......

    "George ashby" <Georgeashby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I'm running Windows XP Pro and service pack 2.
    > I have looked in task manager and found 2 poss 3 progs that take my
    > procesor
    > to 100%
    > Mainly csrss.exe
    >
    > and then pqsuvxpv.exe
    >
    > and then vpxvusqp.exe
    >
    > Xp will not let me delete them.
    >
    > Plus in msconfig the file pqsuvxpv.exe is there about 100 time
    > and its this which slows down my startup.
    > If anyone needs more info just ask.
    >
    > Thanks to all that reply.
    >
    > gillby

    Also

    Get AdAware SE Personal from
    www.lavasoft.com

    SpyBot Search&Destroy from
    http://www.spybot.info/en/index.html

    and update and run them (not at the same time)

    --
    Tumppi
    Reply to group

    "Tom Felts" <tfelts@mckennalong.com> kirjoitti viestissä
    > Boot into safe mode. pqsuvxpv.exe may be a virus, so update your virus
    defs
    > and do a full scan......
    >
    > "George ashby" <Georgeashby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > I'm running Windows XP Pro and service pack 2.
    > > I have looked in task manager and found 2 poss 3 progs that take my
    > > procesor
    > > to 100%
    > > Mainly csrss.exe
    > >
    > > and then pqsuvxpv.exe
    > >
    > > and then vpxvusqp.exe
    > >
    > > Xp will not let me delete them.
    > >
    > > Plus in msconfig the file pqsuvxpv.exe is there about 100 time
    > > and its this which slows down my startup.
    > > If anyone needs more info just ask.
    > >
    > > Thanks to all that reply.
    > >
    > > gillby

Windows XP