Diablo2 lod will not load on windows7

Status
Not open for further replies.

lcc48

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2012
tried loading LOD on new computer with windows 7, message I get is put in LOD disc 1, there is only 1 disc, just will not load

lcc48

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2012

have to use diablo 2 run disc

Darkithanime

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
k i just reinstalled mine. first it after you install diablo 2 and you have the LOD install started, half way through it asks that you use the diablo2 "play disc" which is disk 2 of the diablo 2 disks then it will ask for the lod cd again

thats how it worked for me

Darkithanime

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
OH heres something a might as well ask.

did you buy the LOD CD from a place like gamestop to replace your original?

I did this with my starcraft brood war (my original was on one disk and it was to scratched), but the replacement one (looked exactly the same the mine) but required a second disk because it was an older version

if that's the case then you might as well just buy a new Diablo battlechest somwhere

lcc48

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2012

bought both new, LOD has been working on XP, just wont load on windows 7 premium

4745454b

Titan
I didn't have any problems loading on win7. Both 32bit (My laptop) and 64bit (my desktop). My desktop gives me some minor graphical issues during game play but nothing that impacts it to much. Make sure UAC is off is the only other suggestion I have. Both times I set it up for full install.

kid93

Honorable
Mar 14, 2012
D2 Lod has 2 discs, 1 for the game and 1 for the expansion.

If you dont have both discs you cant install the game.

You will need to swap between both discs to install the exp.

If your having trouble installing it, make sure you have active X installed, do a run (under options) to make sure your computer can handle it)

If the error *please insert disk 1* come up try changing disks and see if that works.

bloodlover

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2011
Try reinstalling the full (or multiplayer if I remember) option. You will need to swap cd's a few times during the installation but that's normal. You will also need to have the Play Disc in your drive in order to play. I installed D2 LOD on my laptop last year and it worked just fine, except a few graphical glitches after the game starts. There's no reason to suspect Bnet. The patch will download automatically after you first log to Bnet so it's not connected to the installation.

4745454b

Titan
If you copy all the .mpq files off the play disk and put them in the main/root diablo II directory then you no longer need the play disk in the drive. Read the read me notes for the latest patch.

And FYI, I just hit the Kurast and found out you need to go through the Great Marsh now. You used to be able to avoid it as it was basically a chance to level up if you needed it. But to get all of Kalims parts you need to go there.

Status
Not open for further replies.