Sign in with
Your question

Diablo2 lod will not load on windows7

Last response: in Video Games
February 13, 2012 4:14:20 PM

tried loading LOD on new computer with windows 7, message I get is put in LOD disc 1, there is only 1 disc, just will not load
February 23, 2012 1:15:53 PM

didn't work any other ideas. this is really starting to piss me off
m
l
Related resources
February 23, 2012 2:55:08 PM

LOD is an expansion so when you install it you have to use the diablo 1 CD (it works on windows 7 believe me)

hoped this helped :D 
m
l
February 24, 2012 2:50:56 AM

Darkithanime said:
LOD is an expansion so when you install it you have to use the diablo 1 CD (it works on windows 7 believe me)

hoped this helped :D 

have to use diablo 2 run disc
m
l
February 24, 2012 3:14:19 PM

lol right. whoops my bad, either way you dont use the expansion disk :p 
and make sure you have a shortcut to LOD and not the regular version
m
l
February 25, 2012 12:42:15 PM

it get's to 54 percent then all I get is a message saying insert lod disc1, it's already in the computer
m
l
February 25, 2012 4:45:44 PM

what kind of install did you pick for diablo 2. the single, the multiplayer, or the whole package
m
l
February 26, 2012 12:26:00 PM

Darkithanime said:
what kind of install did you pick for diablo 2. the single, the multiplayer, or the whole package

single I think
m
l
February 26, 2012 2:58:27 PM

k i just reinstalled mine. first it after you install diablo 2 and you have the LOD install started, half way through it asks that you use the diablo2 "play disc" which is disk 2 of the diablo 2 disks then it will ask for the lod cd again

thats how it worked for me
m
l
March 4, 2012 8:03:46 PM

reinstalled D2, TRIED TO LOAD lod same thing happened, did this on single player load, would it work if I did a full load
m
l
March 4, 2012 8:36:07 PM

If you figure out an answer let me know. Diablo 2 plays fine, but i cant get LOD to play at all. Gives me the same message. Ive looked online and cant find a answer.
m
l
March 8, 2012 2:14:57 PM

hmmm.. ok just as a filler question did to choose the same types of install in diablo 2 as in LOD like both single both multi i have mine sett up for multi (for lan proposes)
m
l
March 8, 2012 2:20:25 PM

OH heres something a might as well ask.

did you buy the LOD CD from a place like gamestop to replace your original?

I did this with my starcraft brood war (my original was on one disk and it was to scratched), but the replacement one (looked exactly the same the mine) but required a second disk because it was an older version

if that's the case then you might as well just buy a new Diablo battlechest somwhere
m
l
March 15, 2012 12:49:22 PM

Darkithanime said:
OH heres something a might as well ask.

did you buy the LOD CD from a place like gamestop to replace your original?

I did this with my starcraft brood war (my original was on one disk and it was to scratched), but the replacement one (looked exactly the same the mine) but required a second disk because it was an older version

if that's the case then you might as well just buy a new Diablo battlechest somwhere

bought both new, LOD has been working on XP, just wont load on windows 7 premium
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
March 15, 2012 1:15:08 PM

I didn't have any problems loading on win7. Both 32bit (My laptop) and 64bit (my desktop). My desktop gives me some minor graphical issues during game play but nothing that impacts it to much. Make sure UAC is off is the only other suggestion I have. Both times I set it up for full install.
m
l
March 17, 2012 5:38:22 AM

D2 Lod has 2 discs, 1 for the game and 1 for the expansion.

If you dont have both discs you cant install the game.

You will need to swap between both discs to install the exp.

If your having trouble installing it, make sure you have active X installed, do a run (under options) to make sure your computer can handle it)

If the error *please insert disk 1* come up try changing disks and see if that works.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
March 17, 2012 8:48:54 AM

? My copy of LoD had only one disk. I needed to use my D2 play disk as well inorder to install it however. I have one of the older copies.
m
l
March 17, 2012 11:19:55 PM

I wonder if at some time the battlenet updateded the game to the newer verison and it doesn't recognize the old lod disk anymore...
seems legit :S
m
l
March 18, 2012 8:29:29 AM

Try reinstalling the full (or multiplayer if I remember) option. You will need to swap cd's a few times during the installation but that's normal. You will also need to have the Play Disc in your drive in order to play. I installed D2 LOD on my laptop last year and it worked just fine, except a few graphical glitches after the game starts. There's no reason to suspect Bnet. The patch will download automatically after you first log to Bnet so it's not connected to the installation.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
March 18, 2012 9:29:06 AM

If you copy all the .mpq files off the play disk and put them in the main/root diablo II directory then you no longer need the play disk in the drive. Read the read me notes for the latest patch.

And FYI, I just hit the Kurast and found out you need to go through the Great Marsh now. You used to be able to avoid it as it was basically a chance to level up if you needed it. But to get all of Kalims parts you need to go there.
m
l
!