What phone should i get?

Last response: in Network Providers
January 19, 2005 8:33:01 AM

I'm probably trading in my vx6100 phone in for a different one before my
15 days is up, anyone have suggestions on a good phone?
Thanks!

Keck

More about : phone

Anonymous
January 19, 2005 8:33:02 AM

I would suggest going to Sprint. They have a much larger selection of phones
to choose from. I got tired of Verizon's lack of phone selections. Verizon
has the worst phone choices of all cell providers. Why is this the case?

"Keck" <keck@verizon.net> wrote in message
> I'm probably trading in my vx6100 phone in for a different one before my
> 15 days is up, anyone have suggestions on a good phone?
> Thanks!
>
> Keck

Anonymous
January 19, 2005 9:27:36 AM

I think it's too late to change now, i have 15 days to change phones, but I
think i'm stuck with the verizon contract. Maybe I'm wrong.

Mij Adyaw wrote:

> I would suggest going to Sprint. They have a much larger selection of phones
> to choose from. I got tired of Verizon's lack of phone selections. Verizon
> has the worst phone choices of all cell providers. Why is this the case?
>
> "Keck" <keck@verizon.net> wrote in message
> > I'm probably trading in my vx6100 phone in for a different one before my
> > 15 days is up, anyone have suggestions on a good phone?
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Keck

January 19, 2005 5:11:25 PM

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 06:27:36 GMT, Keck wrote:

> I think it's too late to change now, i have 15 days to change phones, but I
> think i'm stuck with the verizon contract. Maybe I'm wrong.

I think the 15 day period applies to the contract as well. All you will
pay for is the air time you used.

Just make sure the other carrier you choose has the coverage you need. A
cute phone is worthless if it doesn't make calls reliabily.
Anonymous
January 19, 2005 5:11:26 PM

I would suggest V265 from Verizon. This phone gets excellent reception.

Imran
http://www.mobileisgood.com

"Traveling Man" <none@none.com> wrote in message
> On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 06:27:36 GMT, Keck wrote:
>
> > I think it's too late to change now, i have 15 days to change phones,
but I
> > think i'm stuck with the verizon contract. Maybe I'm wrong.
>
> I think the 15 day period applies to the contract as well. All you will
> pay for is the air time you used.
>
> Just make sure the other carrier you choose has the coverage you need. A
> cute phone is worthless if it doesn't make calls reliabily.
Anonymous
January 19, 2005 5:46:41 PM

George wrote:
> "Dean" <dean173@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > I don't disagree, but for my area (NY Metro):
> >
> > Sprint=best phone selection, worst coverage and 2nd worst CS.
> > Verizon=worst phone selection, best coverage and CS.
> >
> > If the phone is more important to you, or if Sprint has better or
equal
> > coverage where you use the phone, I'd go to Sprint too.
> >
> > Dean
>
> I think most any area could be substituted for (NY Metro) in your
statement.

Consumer Reports just did a review of cell phone providers and listed
Verizon as best CS, and best signal in every one of the 27 cities they
looked at including NYC. 2nd best was T-Mobile, and last was either
Cingular or AT&T depending on the city - the review was done just prior
to Cingular & AT&T merging... I'm also frustrated with the phone
choices, but I used to be on T-Mobile, and had a really great phone,
but with a lousy signal... I'd rather have a mediocre phone that works
well when I'm on the phone.
January 19, 2005 11:47:24 PM

"Mij Adyaw" <mijadyaw@nospamforme.com> wrote in message
> I would suggest going to Sprint. They have a much larger selection of
phones
> to choose from. I got tired of Verizon's lack of phone selections. Verizon
> has the worst phone choices of all cell providers. Why is this the case?
>

> "Keck" <keck@verizon.net> wrote in message
> > I'm probably trading in my vx6100 phone in for a different one before my
> > 15 days is up, anyone have suggestions on a good phone?
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Keck

January 19, 2005 11:47:25 PM

"Dean" <dean173@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I don't disagree, but for my area (NY Metro):
>
> Sprint=best phone selection, worst coverage and 2nd worst CS.
> Verizon=worst phone selection, best coverage and CS.
>
> If the phone is more important to you, or if Sprint has better or equal
> coverage where you use the phone, I'd go to Sprint too.
>
> Dean

I think most any area could be substituted for (NY Metro) in your statement.
January 19, 2005 11:55:41 PM

From what I hear, Verizon is going to be releasing some new phones at the
beginning of February. I've read the LG VX8000 is due out Feb. 1st. Quite
possibly, the Samsung a890 and the Audiovox CDM-8940 are due to be out that
day too (don't quote me on that though as I'm not really sure). Don't know
if any other phones are set to come out soon.

"Dean" <dean173@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I don't disagree, but for my area (NY Metro):
>
> Sprint=best phone selection, worst coverage and 2nd worst CS.
> Verizon=worst phone selection, best coverage and CS.
>
> If the phone is more important to you, or if Sprint has better or equal
> coverage where you use the phone, I'd go to Sprint too.
>
> Dean
> "Mij Adyaw" <mijadyaw@nospamforme.com> wrote in message
>> I would suggest going to Sprint. They have a much larger selection of
> phones
>> to choose from. I got tired of Verizon's lack of phone selections.
>> Verizon
>> has the worst phone choices of all cell providers. Why is this the case?
>>

>> "Keck" <keck@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> > I'm probably trading in my vx6100 phone in for a different one before
>> > my
>> > 15 days is up, anyone have suggestions on a good phone?
>> > Thanks!
>> >
>> > Keck

January 20, 2005 2:07:13 AM

You're right. The phone is only as good as the service you are getting on
it. I don't care how many bells and whistles the phone has. If you can't
get reception, hear the other person, etc., what good is it? It's just an
expensive paper weight. Bottom line, try the service for the grace period
(if the company offers it) and if you're happy, stick with it.
<torbach@gmail.com> wrote in message

> George wrote:
>> "Dean" <dean173@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> > I don't disagree, but for my area (NY Metro):
>> >
>> > Sprint=best phone selection, worst coverage and 2nd worst CS.
>> > Verizon=worst phone selection, best coverage and CS.
>> >
>> > If the phone is more important to you, or if Sprint has better or
> equal
>> > coverage where you use the phone, I'd go to Sprint too.
>> >
>> > Dean
>>
>> I think most any area could be substituted for (NY Metro) in your
> statement.
>
> Consumer Reports just did a review of cell phone providers and listed
> Verizon as best CS, and best signal in every one of the 27 cities they
> looked at including NYC. 2nd best was T-Mobile, and last was either
> Cingular or AT&T depending on the city - the review was done just prior
> to Cingular & AT&T merging... I'm also frustrated with the phone
> choices, but I used to be on T-Mobile, and had a really great phone,
> but with a lousy signal... I'd rather have a mediocre phone that works
> well when I'm on the phone.

January 20, 2005 5:17:21 AM

Y'know, I kind of thought that, and Consumer Reports agreed with me for the
most part, but I was really trying to be objective.

Dean

!