Video Problem

July 16, 2005 7:24:02 PM

I am having problems with playing video files. The picture and sound skips,
the video pauses (the sound usually carries on going), or the video jerks.
It's like watching a scratched DVD. It does it with all video formats.
Whatever program I use, it still does it. I have quite a fast computer with
512 RAM, 80GB HardDrive and 1.8GHz processor and Windows XP Pro SP2. I
recently upgraded to Windows XP from Windows 98SE. Videos played fine before.
It's unacceptable in my favourite (well used to be) video editing software,
Pinnacle Studio 9 Plus. This program also worked perfectly on Windows 98.

More about : video problem

Anonymous
July 17, 2005 3:29:02 AM

Youre hardware resources are fine for normal operation,however video as
with gaming draw large amounts of memory and other resources from the
board.512mb of ram is about min.,a 1.8 processor is at the very bottom as
far as intel goes,actually i think it is the slowest p4 mfg.Increasing ram
would
help,you dont mention display adapter,but 128mb of video ram on the card is
about min,increasing those and/or updating the processor will help alot.

"Brandon" wrote:

> I am having problems with playing video files. The picture and sound skips,
> the video pauses (the sound usually carries on going), or the video jerks.
> It's like watching a scratched DVD. It does it with all video formats.
> Whatever program I use, it still does it. I have quite a fast computer with
> 512 RAM, 80GB HardDrive and 1.8GHz processor and Windows XP Pro SP2. I
> recently upgraded to Windows XP from Windows 98SE. Videos played fine before.
> It's unacceptable in my favourite (well used to be) video editing software,
> Pinnacle Studio 9 Plus. This program also worked perfectly on Windows 98.
July 17, 2005 6:12:07 AM

I've got an ATI Radeon 9200 128mb graphics card, an AMD Sempron 2600+ 1.8GHz
processor and big games like GTA San Andreas and Half Life 2 run really
smoothly. Could the video playback problem be to do with codecs?
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 2:51:18 AM

Brandon Wrote:
> I've got an ATI Radeon 9200 128mb graphics card, an AMD Sempron 2600+
> 1.8GHz
> processor and big games like GTA San Andreas and Half Life 2 run
> really
> smoothly. Could the video playback problem be to do with codecs?

Hi there, you are right, it could be a codec issue.

I have had the same problem on my machine, bear in mind i have a 256mb
X600 graphics, 1gb ram and a 3.2ghz p4. But, I have successfully
played video on machines much less complemented than my current model.

Firstly, download another video playback program, divx, quick time etc,
see if that helps, (but you want media player to work properly i hear
you say!! )

This worked for me, download FFDSHOW - type it into google or use this
link

ffdshow.sourceforge.net

Install this, (this is a codec package) and it should work fine !!

--
lindendavies
!