I jacked with my settings in the MMC

July 17, 2005 4:03:02 PM

Could someone please tell me how to restore my pc without losing all my
information. Is there a way to restore all the settings in the mmc, wmi, w32
files without totally reinstalling windows? I have XP Home, but have office
10 on here as well. Somehow the accessibility options were enabled on here
too, and the links to diable them are now gone. Lost the ability to set
volume controls and system sounds as well.

More about : jacked settings mmc

Anonymous
July 17, 2005 8:51:56 PM

Hi,

Try restoring using System Restore.
All About System Restore in WinXP
http://bertk.mvps.org/

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

goofy pc user wrote:
> Could someone please tell me how to restore my pc without
> losing all my information. Is there a way to restore all
> the settings in the mmc, wmi, w32 files without totally
> reinstalling windows? I have XP Home, but have office 10
> on here as well. Somehow the accessibility options were
> enabled on here too, and the links to diable them are now
> gone. Lost the ability to set volume controls and system
> sounds as well.
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 3:44:03 PM

Another option is to sign in in safe mode or as the administrator, and create
another user account for yourself. You can delete your previous user
account, but still save the files you have.

!