Driver for Deskpro P400/6 4 System

Hello
I am looking for help locating drivers for this machine...uses Windows
98---seems like all is OK except for the modem.
I would appreciate any assistance.

I have gone through all of what I could find at compaq, but probably
have missed it.

I appreciate the time.
Thanks
Joe

More about driver deskpro p400 system

    Since not that many commercial desktops (DeskPros) of that era came with
    modems, it's likely someone added a third party modem to it and Compaq would
    not offer drivers for it. Your best bet likely would be to physicallty
    remove the modem and check to see what brand it is, then go to the mfgr's
    website and look for 98 drivers.
    HH

    "wizzer" <wizzer@delmarny.us> wrote in message
    > Hello
    > I am looking for help locating drivers for this machine...uses Windows
    > 98---seems like all is OK except for the modem.
    > I would appreciate any assistance.
    >
    > I have gone through all of what I could find at compaq, but probably
    > have missed it.
    >
    > I appreciate the time.
    > Thanks
    > Joe

    If drivers cannot be found at the MODEM manufacturer's web site or the modem
    manufacturer web site does not exist, the next step is to determine the modem
    chipset. The CHIPSET manufacturers most often post so-called reference drivers
    on their web sites. Just as often, a modem manufacturer, especially one with
    cheap products, will make cosmetic changes to the reference driver and package
    it with the modem sold... Ben Myers

    On Thu, 5 Aug 2004 06:10:28 -0400, "HH" <hahunt42@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Since not that many commercial desktops (DeskPros) of that era came with
    >modems, it's likely someone added a third party modem to it and Compaq would
    >not offer drivers for it. Your best bet likely would be to physicallty
    >remove the modem and check to see what brand it is, then go to the mfgr's
    >website and look for 98 drivers.
    >HH
    >
    >"wizzer" <wizzer@delmarny.us> wrote in message
    >> Hello
    >> I am looking for help locating drivers for this machine...uses Windows
    >> 98---seems like all is OK except for the modem.
    >> I would appreciate any assistance.
    >>
    >> I have gone through all of what I could find at compaq, but probably
    >> have missed it.
    >>
    >> I appreciate the time.
    >> Thanks
    >> Joe

    >> http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
    >> -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----

    Good Idea and it worked!
    Thanks
    Joe

    On Thu, 5 Aug 2004 06:10:28 -0400, "HH" <hahunt42@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Since not that many commercial desktops (DeskPros) of that era came with
    >modems, it's likely someone added a third party modem to it and Compaq would
    >not offer drivers for it. Your best bet likely would be to physicallty
    >remove the modem and check to see what brand it is, then go to the mfgr's
    >website and look for 98 drivers.
    >HH
    >
    >"wizzer" <wizzer@delmarny.us> wrote in message
    >> Hello
    >> I am looking for help locating drivers for this machine...uses Windows
    >> 98---seems like all is OK except for the modem.
    >> I would appreciate any assistance.
    >>
    >> I have gone through all of what I could find at compaq, but probably
    >> have missed it.
    >>
    >> I appreciate the time.
    >> Thanks
    >> Joe