tax on verizon $39.99 plan

Hi everyone:

I am interested in the Verizon $39.99 1000 minutes plan. Could anyone
tell me how much tax is on this plan? What is the final payment? I am
with Cingular now. The $29.99 plan requires a payment of $40 after tax.
I heared only Cingular charges Fed tax, State tax and 911 tax. How
about Verizon?

Also, is there any other "tricks" with plan I should be awared of?
Thanks,

qq
13 answers Last reply
More about verizon plan

    They all have to charge those taxes...

    On 19 Jan 2005 10:39:21 -0800, quickcur@yahoo.com wrote:

    >Hi everyone:
    >
    >I am interested in the Verizon $39.99 1000 minutes plan. Could anyone
    >tell me how much tax is on this plan? What is the final payment? I am
    >with Cingular now. The $29.99 plan requires a payment of $40 after tax.
    >I heared only Cingular charges Fed tax, State tax and 911 tax. How
    >about Verizon?
    >

    >Also, is there any other "tricks" with plan I should be awared of?
    >Thanks,
    >
    >qq

    It depends on which state you're in.

    I called verizon and asked how much they would charge on a specific plan.
    The CSR told me that since I'm in NY State, Verizon can charge up to 22% on
    taxes.

    I currently have plan on paper comes out to be 122.98, but I wind up paying
    155 or so

    As viewed from alt.cellular.verizon, <cap96a@yahoo.com> wrote:

    ><quickcur@yahoo.com> wrote...
    >>I am interested in the Verizon $39.99 1000 minutes plan.
    >>uld anyone tell me how much tax is on this plan? What is
    >>the final payment? I am with Cingular now. The $29.99 plan
    >>requires a payment of $40 after tax. I heared only Cingular
    >>charges Fed tax, State tax and 911 tax. How about Verizon?

    >It depends on which state you're in.

    And which city, as many municipalities charge a utility tax.

    --
    Jafo

    I forgot the rest of your post : )
    Verizon wireless surcharges, again in Nor. Cal.,

    Fed Universal Service Charge
    Regulatory Charge
    CA State P.U.C. Fee
    CA State 9111 Fee
    CA Relay Srvc/Comm Device Fund
    CA State High Cost Fund(B)
    CA Teleconnect Fund Surcharge
    CA State High Cost Fund(A)
    Lifeline Surcharge - CA
    Federal Tax
    San Jose City Uut

    As far as other tricks are concerned, Watch your minutes if you think
    you might go over 1000!! It gets expensive fast at .45 cents a minute, I
    just got fried with a $576 bill!!!

    Ty

    <quickcur@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Hi everyone:
    >
    > I am interested in the Verizon $39.99 1000 minutes plan. Could anyone
    > tell me how much tax is on this plan? What is the final payment? I am
    > with Cingular now. The $29.99 plan requires a payment of $40 after
    > tax.
    > I heared only Cingular charges Fed tax, State tax and 911 tax. How
    > about Verizon?
    >

    > Also, is there any other "tricks" with plan I should be awared of?
    > Thanks,
    >
    > qq

    BTW, Verizon doesn't have a 1000 minute plan for $39.99. If you getting the
    AC plan for $39.99, you get 450 minutes, plus unlimited IN and unlimited
    night and weekend minutes.

    J wrote:
    > BTW, Verizon doesn't have a 1000 minute plan for $39.99.
    > If you getting the AC plan for $39.99, you get 450
    > minutes, plus unlimited IN and unlimited night and
    > weekend minutes.

    Zip code 95130.

    "Featured Plan"
    Digital Choice 1000

    $39.99

    1000 Minutes with Free Nationwide
    Long Distance Included.

    -Quick

    Sorry, I see it now. I inputed that zip code and now I see it. They don't
    offer Digital Choice in my area anymore.

    >J wrote:
    >> BTW, Verizon doesn't have a 1000 minute plan for $39.99.
    >> If you getting the AC plan for $39.99, you get 450
    >> minutes, plus unlimited IN and unlimited night and
    >> weekend minutes.
    >
    > Zip code 95130.
    >
    > "Featured Plan"
    > Digital Choice 1000
    >
    > $39.99
    >
    > 1000 Minutes with Free Nationwide
    > Long Distance Included.
    >
    > -Quick

    Of course if you want IN and N&W it's 600 min
    for $39.99 but this is a good promo for those
    people who mainly use their phone during the
    day and don't travel much.

    I am a bit surprised that VZW hasn't gone completely
    nation wide with their plans and promos. Maybe it's
    just the promos that they tailor to region.

    -Quick

    Quick wrote:

    > I am a bit surprised that VZW hasn't gone completely
    > nation wide with their plans and promos. Maybe it's
    > just the promos that they tailor to region.

    I think it is. In summer of '03 when I moved here the plans were basically the
    same as in Ohio; only the promos and the Local DigitalChoice local calling
    areas seemed to be different.

    "In case anyone was wondering, that big glowing globe above the Victor
    Valley is the sun." -Victorville _Daily Press_ on the unusually large
    amount of rain the Southland has gotten this winter (January 12th, 2005)

    I wish they would... then I could get a PA number. They said they couldn't
    because of different prices and codes - which is partly BS since they offer
    the same $59.99 FS +9.99 lines here and there. <g>

    > I am a bit surprised that VZW hasn't gone completely
    > nation wide with their plans and promos. Maybe it's
    > just the promos that they tailor to region.

    I am asking for information in California, Bay Area.

    Thanks,

    qq

    quickcur@yahoo.com wrote:
    > I am asking for information in California, Bay Area.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > qq
    >

    > quickcur@yahoo.com wrote:
    >
    >>Hi everyone:
    >>
    >>I am interested in the Verizon $39.99 1000 minutes plan. Could anyone
    >>tell me how much tax is on this plan? What is the final payment? I am
    >>with Cingular now. The $29.99 plan requires a payment of $40 after
    >
    > tax.
    >
    >>I heared only Cingular charges Fed tax, State tax and 911 tax. How
    >>about Verizon?
    >>

    >>Also, is there any other "tricks" with plan I should be awared of?
    >>Thanks,
    >>
    >>qq

    $39 for 1000 minutes?

    Harry Krause wrote:

    > $39 for 1000 minutes?

    Yes, we covered this a couple of replies ago.
    We have:

    1000 Digital Choice w/ LD $39.99
    600 Digital Choice w/ IN, N&W, LD $39.99

    -Quick

Verizon Cingular Internet Service Providers