tax on verizon $39.99 plan

Last response: in Network Providers
January 19, 2005 1:39:21 PM

Hi everyone:

I am interested in the Verizon $39.99 1000 minutes plan. Could anyone
tell me how much tax is on this plan? What is the final payment? I am
with Cingular now. The $29.99 plan requires a payment of $40 after tax.
I heared only Cingular charges Fed tax, State tax and 911 tax. How
about Verizon?

Also, is there any other "tricks" with plan I should be awared of?
Thanks,

qq

More about : tax verizon plan

January 19, 2005 3:39:37 PM

They all have to charge those taxes...

On 19 Jan 2005 10:39:21 -0800, quickcur@yahoo.com wrote:

>Hi everyone:
>
>I am interested in the Verizon $39.99 1000 minutes plan. Could anyone
>tell me how much tax is on this plan? What is the final payment? I am
>with Cingular now. The $29.99 plan requires a payment of $40 after tax.
>I heared only Cingular charges Fed tax, State tax and 911 tax. How
>about Verizon?
>

>Also, is there any other "tricks" with plan I should be awared of?
>Thanks,
>
>qq
Anonymous
January 19, 2005 4:55:16 PM

It depends on which state you're in.

I called verizon and asked how much they would charge on a specific plan.
The CSR told me that since I'm in NY State, Verizon can charge up to 22% on
taxes.

I currently have plan on paper comes out to be 122.98, but I wind up paying
155 or so

<quickcur@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi everyone:
>
> I am interested in the Verizon $39.99 1000 minutes plan. Could anyone
> tell me how much tax is on this plan? What is the final payment? I am
> with Cingular now. The $29.99 plan requires a payment of $40 after tax.
> I heared only Cingular charges Fed tax, State tax and 911 tax. How
> about Verizon?
>

> Also, is there any other "tricks" with plan I should be awared of?
> Thanks,
>
> qq

January 19, 2005 4:55:17 PM

As viewed from alt.cellular.verizon, <cap96a@yahoo.com> wrote:

><quickcur@yahoo.com> wrote...
>>I am interested in the Verizon $39.99 1000 minutes plan.
>>uld anyone tell me how much tax is on this plan? What is
>>the final payment? I am with Cingular now. The $29.99 plan
>>requires a payment of $40 after tax. I heared only Cingular
>>charges Fed tax, State tax and 911 tax. How about Verizon?

>It depends on which state you're in.

And which city, as many municipalities charge a utility tax.

--
Jafo
Anonymous

I forgot the rest of your post : )
Verizon wireless surcharges, again in Nor. Cal.,

Fed Universal Service Charge
Regulatory Charge
CA State P.U.C. Fee
CA State 9111 Fee
CA Relay Srvc/Comm Device Fund
CA State High Cost Fund(B)
CA Teleconnect Fund Surcharge
CA State High Cost Fund(A)
Lifeline Surcharge - CA
Federal Tax
San Jose City Uut

As far as other tricks are concerned, Watch your minutes if you think
you might go over 1000!! It gets expensive fast at .45 cents a minute, I
just got fried with a $576 bill!!!

Ty

<quickcur@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi everyone:
>
> I am interested in the Verizon $39.99 1000 minutes plan. Could anyone
> tell me how much tax is on this plan? What is the final payment? I am
> with Cingular now. The $29.99 plan requires a payment of $40 after
> tax.
> I heared only Cingular charges Fed tax, State tax and 911 tax. How
> about Verizon?
>

> Also, is there any other "tricks" with plan I should be awared of?
> Thanks,
>
> qq

January 19, 2005 11:49:37 PM

BTW, Verizon doesn't have a 1000 minute plan for $39.99. If you getting the
AC plan for $39.99, you get 450 minutes, plus unlimited IN and unlimited
night and weekend minutes.

<quickcur@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi everyone:
>
> I am interested in the Verizon $39.99 1000 minutes plan. Could anyone
> tell me how much tax is on this plan? What is the final payment? I am
> with Cingular now. The $29.99 plan requires a payment of $40 after tax.
> I heared only Cingular charges Fed tax, State tax and 911 tax. How
> about Verizon?
>

> Also, is there any other "tricks" with plan I should be awared of?
> Thanks,
>
> qq

Anonymous
January 19, 2005 11:49:38 PM

J wrote:
> BTW, Verizon doesn't have a 1000 minute plan for $39.99.
> If you getting the AC plan for $39.99, you get 450
> minutes, plus unlimited IN and unlimited night and
> weekend minutes.

Zip code 95130.

"Featured Plan"
Digital Choice 1000

$39.99

1000 Minutes with Free Nationwide
Long Distance Included.

-Quick
January 20, 2005 2:03:35 AM

Sorry, I see it now. I inputed that zip code and now I see it. They don't
offer Digital Choice in my area anymore.

>J wrote:
>> BTW, Verizon doesn't have a 1000 minute plan for $39.99.
>> If you getting the AC plan for $39.99, you get 450
>> minutes, plus unlimited IN and unlimited night and
>> weekend minutes.
>
> Zip code 95130.
>
> "Featured Plan"
> Digital Choice 1000
>
> $39.99
>
> 1000 Minutes with Free Nationwide
> Long Distance Included.
>
> -Quick

Anonymous
January 20, 2005 2:03:36 AM

Of course if you want IN and N&W it's 600 min
for $39.99 but this is a good promo for those
people who mainly use their phone during the
day and don't travel much.

I am a bit surprised that VZW hasn't gone completely
nation wide with their plans and promos. Maybe it's
just the promos that they tailor to region.

-Quick

J wrote:
> Sorry, I see it now. I inputed that zip code and now I
> see it. They don't offer Digital Choice in my area
> anymore.
>

> "Quick" <quick7135-news@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
>> J wrote:
>>> BTW, Verizon doesn't have a 1000 minute plan for $39.99.
>>> If you getting the AC plan for $39.99, you get 450
>>> minutes, plus unlimited IN and unlimited night and
>>> weekend minutes.
>>
>> Zip code 95130.
>>
>> "Featured Plan"
>> Digital Choice 1000
>>
>> $39.99
>>
>> 1000 Minutes with Free Nationwide
>> Long Distance Included.
>>
>> -Quick
Anonymous
January 20, 2005 2:03:37 AM

Quick wrote:

> I am a bit surprised that VZW hasn't gone completely
> nation wide with their plans and promos. Maybe it's
> just the promos that they tailor to region.

I think it is. In summer of '03 when I moved here the plans were basically the
same as in Ohio; only the promos and the Local DigitalChoice local calling
areas seemed to be different.

"In case anyone was wondering, that big glowing globe above the Victor
Valley is the sun." -Victorville _Daily Press_ on the unusually large
amount of rain the Southland has gotten this winter (January 12th, 2005)
Anonymous
January 20, 2005 8:12:42 AM

I wish they would... then I could get a PA number. They said they couldn't
because of different prices and codes - which is partly BS since they offer
the same $59.99 FS +9.99 lines here and there. <g>

> I am a bit surprised that VZW hasn't gone completely
> nation wide with their plans and promos. Maybe it's
> just the promos that they tailor to region.

Anonymous
January 21, 2005 4:29:29 PM

I am asking for information in California, Bay Area.

Thanks,

qq

quickcur@yahoo.com wrote:
> Hi everyone:
>
> I am interested in the Verizon $39.99 1000 minutes plan. Could anyone
> tell me how much tax is on this plan? What is the final payment? I am
> with Cingular now. The $29.99 plan requires a payment of $40 after
tax.
> I heared only Cingular charges Fed tax, State tax and 911 tax. How
> about Verizon?
>

> Also, is there any other "tricks" with plan I should be awared of?
> Thanks,
>
> qq
Anonymous
January 21, 2005 7:35:46 PM

quickcur@yahoo.com wrote:
> I am asking for information in California, Bay Area.
>
> Thanks,
>
> qq
>

> quickcur@yahoo.com wrote:
>
>>Hi everyone:
>>
>>I am interested in the Verizon $39.99 1000 minutes plan. Could anyone
>>tell me how much tax is on this plan? What is the final payment? I am
>>with Cingular now. The $29.99 plan requires a payment of $40 after
>
> tax.
>
>>I heared only Cingular charges Fed tax, State tax and 911 tax. How
>>about Verizon?
>>

>>Also, is there any other "tricks" with plan I should be awared of?
>>Thanks,
>>
>>qq

$39 for 1000 minutes?
Anonymous
January 21, 2005 7:35:47 PM

Harry Krause wrote:

> $39 for 1000 minutes?

Yes, we covered this a couple of replies ago.
We have:

1000 Digital Choice w/ LD $39.99
600 Digital Choice w/ IN, N&W, LD $39.99

-Quick
!