Micron Makes ClearNAND Embedded ECC Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

cushgod

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2008
How about some throughput tests with ECC on and off. Then compared to other SSD's with ECC on and off....

zaznet

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
[citation][nom]Cushgod[/nom]How about some throughput tests with ECC on and off. Then compared to other SSD's with ECC on and off....[/citation]

You did read the article right? This is a chip product not an SSD. It will find it's way into SSD devices soon I'm sure. Then you can get your benchmarks.

WarraWarra

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2007
[citation][nom]Cushgod[/nom]How about some throughput tests with ECC on and off. Then compared to other SSD's with ECC on and off....[/citation]

Should start seeing products using this by Jun 2011.

[citation][nom]house70[/nom]sounds awesome...How about making it cheaper than it is now? 2USD/Gb is practically wallet rape.[/citation]

I bet people thought the same when standard HDDs were that much. Well then again we didn't have anything that was older tech with larger storage capacities and didn't need it as much.

Its not that bad. If we look at a timeline of HDDs from when they hit and compare their $/GB drop compared to SSDs then I think we would see that SSDs dropped much faster than HDDs did.

Much like DDR2 go cheaper faster than DDR and DDR3 got cheaper faster than even DDR2.

Status
Not open for further replies.