Some of my files on my D: drive have been compressed by the clean-up wizard.
Now, certain programs won't run because their data files are "corrupted". Is
there a way to "un"compress the files?

Thanks

Type uncompress in help. You require a brain to do the opposite of compressing.

"HiBaller" <HiBaller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D39E73F9-1798-4B2C-945E-6925173DCC6D@microsoft.com...
> Some of my files on my D: drive have been compressed by the clean-up wizard.
> Now, certain programs won't run because their data files are "corrupted". Is
> there a way to "un"compress the files?
>
> Thanks

Are you always this way, or is it a learned attitude? A simple response
would have sufficed.

"David Candy" wrote:

> Type uncompress in help. You require a brain to do the opposite of compressing.

> "HiBaller" <HiBaller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D39E73F9-1798-4B2C-945E-6925173DCC6D@microsoft.com...
> > Some of my files on my D: drive have been compressed by the clean-up wizard.
> > Now, certain programs won't run because their data files are "corrupted". Is
> > there a way to "un"compress the files?
> >
> > Thanks

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

That was snotty.

<*((((><{
Fishy@Ocean.Net

In the last exciting episode on Wed, 20 Jul 2005 02:52:46 +1000,
"David Candy" <.> wrote:

|Type uncompress in help. You require a brain to do the opposite of compressing.

It certainly was. When you only have one hand to type with you try to keep
typing down to a minimum. But, even without knowing that, he certainly was
being a horse's patoot.

"<*(((><{" wrote:

> That was snotty.
>
> <*((((><{
> Fishy@Ocean.Net
>
> In the last exciting episode on Wed, 20 Jul 2005 02:52:46 +1000,
> "David Candy" <.> wrote:
>
> |Type uncompress in help. You require a brain to do the opposite of compressing.

Experience tells me most are too stupid to do the reverse of something. It was to make you think before whinging "there is no uncompress subject".

"HiBaller" <HiBaller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1CE58D40-5794-4B7B-8881-B9B7A198DF17@microsoft.com...
> Are you always this way, or is it a learned attitude? A simple response
> would have sufficed.
>
> "David Candy" wrote:
>
>> Type uncompress in help. You require a brain to do the opposite of compressing.
>>
>> --
>> http://webdiary.smh.com.au/archives/_comment/001075.html
>> "HiBaller" <HiBaller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D39E73F9-1798-4B2C-945E-6925173DCC6D@microsoft.com...
>> > Some of my files on my D: drive have been compressed by the clean-up wizard.
>> > Now, certain programs won't run because their data files are "corrupted". Is
>> > there a way to "un"compress the files?
>> >
>> > Thanks

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

He's been snotty like that for years. Somebody should report him. I
tried to once, but was told that he's a good tech.

No excuse for being snotty. I'm a good linguist. Can I be snotty to
people who ask for my help in linguistics?

<*((((><{
Fishy@Ocean.Net

In the last exciting episode on Tue, 19 Jul 2005 18:15:02 -0700,

|> That was snotty.
|>
|> <*((((><{
|> Fishy@Ocean.Net
|>
|> In the last exciting episode on Wed, 20 Jul 2005 02:52:46 +1000,
|> "David Candy" <.> wrote:
|>
|> |Type uncompress in help. You require a brain to do the opposite of compressing.

Look moron. Adults that act like children, intent on showing off their incompentance, annoy me.

There are plenty of people here without a technical bone in their body that act like adults. The take responsibility to the limits of their current ability, which of course increases because they act as adults. But their are others that insist on being a petulant child.

Now if the lazy and rude hiballer had followed my instructions they would be more competent. After all typing in Help the terms in his post only gives the typer one possible answer. So bingo - he would have learnt how to use help and be more able to solve their own problems.