Low Volume

I've got Windows Media Player 8.0 on my XP Home SP1. It used to work
fine for playing music CD's. Now the auto-run doesn't work. When I
start the CD, the volume is so low I can hardly hear it. It used to
have decent volume.

I don't play videos on my computer, and don't like to download
bloatware. I'm afraid of the later Media Players because some of them
caused a lot of trouble; version 10 is a big download and I'm on
dialup; and it's probably got all sorts of features I don't need.

I just want more volume! How do I do that?

<*((((><{
Fishy@Ocean.Net
5 answers Last reply
More about volume

    In news:c8ard1duskf7ekera07aoqobjkhuipq3il@4ax.com,
    <*(((><{ <*(((> had this to say:

    > I've got Windows Media Player 8.0 on my XP Home SP1. It used to work
    > fine for playing music CD's. Now the auto-run doesn't work. When I
    > start the CD, the volume is so low I can hardly hear it. It used to
    > have decent volume.
    >
    > I don't play videos on my computer, and don't like to download
    > bloatware. I'm afraid of the later Media Players because some of them
    > caused a lot of trouble; version 10 is a big download and I'm on
    > dialup; and it's probably got all sorts of features I don't need.
    >
    > I just want more volume! How do I do that?
    >
    > <*((((><{
    > Fishy@Ocean.Net

    Open the sounds applet from the control panel and check to make sure the
    volume slider has been turned all the way up.

    Galen

    without them."

    Sherlock Holmes

    Yes, I the volume in the sounds control panel was already set at high.
    The task pane slider is set to high.
    The volume of games without CD is fine.
    The volume of CD's is really low.

    How to Fix?

    In the last exciting episode on Wed, 20 Jul 2005 12:33:55 -0400,
    "Galen" <galennews@gmail.com> wrote:

    |In news:c8ard1duskf7ekera07aoqobjkhuipq3il@4ax.com,
    |<*(((><{ <*(((> had this to say:
    |
    | My reply is at the bottom of your sent message:
    |
    |> I've got Windows Media Player 8.0 on my XP Home SP1. It used to work
    |> fine for playing music CD's. Now the auto-run doesn't work. When I
    |> start the CD, the volume is so low I can hardly hear it. It used to
    |> have decent volume.
    |>
    |> I don't play videos on my computer, and don't like to download
    |> bloatware. I'm afraid of the later Media Players because some of them
    |> caused a lot of trouble; version 10 is a big download and I'm on
    |> dialup; and it's probably got all sorts of features I don't need.
    |>
    |> I just want more volume! How do I do that?
    |>
    |> <*((((><{
    |> Fishy@Ocean.Net
    |
    |Open the sounds applet from the control panel and check to make sure the
    |volume slider has been turned all the way up.
    |
    |Galen

    <*((((><{
    Fishy@Ocean.Net

    In news:chltd194uop1vk0pv4a8bp9f84ertr33u2@4ax.com,
    <*(((><{ <*(((> had this to say:

    > Yes, I the volume in the sounds control panel was already set at high.
    > The task pane slider is set to high.
    > The volume of games without CD is fine.
    > The volume of CD's is really low.
    >
    > How to Fix?

    Well, back in the sounds applet in the control panel you could click on the
    CD volume and check to see if that's turned up? I'm not sure that it would
    affect that but it's worth checking I suppose.

    Galen

    without them."

    Sherlock Holmes

    All the sliders are set to maximum volume. NOTE: The CD sound volume
    levels used to be just fine. Somehow in the last couple of months
    (been a while since I've had time to listen to music while working),
    the CD volume level is low. But all other volume settings are ok.

    Is there another group I should be posting in?

    <*((((><{
    Fishy@Ocean.Net

    In the last exciting episode on Wed, 20 Jul 2005 19:14:07 -0400,
    "Galen" <galennews@gmail.com> wrote:

    |In news:chltd194uop1vk0pv4a8bp9f84ertr33u2@4ax.com,
    |<*(((><{ <*(((> had this to say:
    |
    | My reply is at the bottom of your sent message:
    |
    |> Yes, I the volume in the sounds control panel was already set at high.
    |> The task pane slider is set to high.
    |> The volume of games without CD is fine.
    |> The volume of CD's is really low.
    |>
    |> How to Fix?
    |>

    |Well, back in the sounds applet in the control panel you could click on the
    |CD volume and check to see if that's turned up? I'm not sure that it would
    |affect that but it's worth checking I suppose.
    |
    |Galen

    In news:0d03e1lgblsggugpb4u6btb18chq107k0s@4ax.com,
    <*(((><{ <*(((> had this to say:

    > All the sliders are set to maximum volume. NOTE: The CD sound volume
    > levels used to be just fine. Somehow in the last couple of months
    > (been a while since I've had time to listen to music while working),
    > the CD volume level is low. But all other volume settings are ok.
    >
    > Is there another group I should be posting in?

    *chuckles* Yes, the games group would probably be the wisest choice. I've
    never encountered this but from the results of this sitting here it looks
    like no one else has either or they'd have added to this. Someone in there
    might have heard of it.

    Galen

    without them."

    Sherlock Holmes