How to disable the Windows Firewall Service in XP SP2?

Does anyone know how to disable the Windows Firewall/Internet Connection
Sharing service in Windows XP SP2 in the registry? I know how to manually
disable the service under Computer Management -->Services, but I would like
to see if I can add/modify a registry key to do the trick. Any ideas would
be appreciated. Thanks!
2 answers Last reply
More about disable windows firewall service

    Set the Start key value to 4 under SharedAccess.

    Amanda George wrote:

    > Does anyone know how to disable the Windows Firewall/Internet Connection
    > Sharing service in Windows XP SP2 in the registry? I know how to manually
    > disable the service under Computer Management -->Services, but I would like
    > to see if I can add/modify a registry key to do the trick. Any ideas would
    > be appreciated. Thanks!

    Thank you for your response. I eventually figured it out!

    "Michael" wrote:

    > Set the Start key value to 4 under SharedAccess.
    >
    > Amanda George wrote:
    >
    > > Does anyone know how to disable the Windows Firewall/Internet Connection
    > > Sharing service in Windows XP SP2 in the registry? I know how to manually
    > > disable the service under Computer Management -->Services, but I would like
    > > to see if I can add/modify a registry key to do the trick. Any ideas would
    > > be appreciated. Thanks!

Firewalls Windows XP