How to disable the Windows Firewall Service in XP SP2?

July 20, 2005 2:44:06 PM

Does anyone know how to disable the Windows Firewall/Internet Connection
Sharing service in Windows XP SP2 in the registry? I know how to manually
disable the service under Computer Management -->Services, but I would like
to see if I can add/modify a registry key to do the trick. Any ideas would
be appreciated. Thanks!
July 21, 2005 8:48:35 PM

Set the Start key value to 4 under SharedAccess.

Amanda George wrote:

> Does anyone know how to disable the Windows Firewall/Internet Connection
> Sharing service in Windows XP SP2 in the registry? I know how to manually
> disable the service under Computer Management -->Services, but I would like
> to see if I can add/modify a registry key to do the trick. Any ideas would
> be appreciated. Thanks!
Anonymous
July 21, 2005 8:48:36 PM

Thank you for your response. I eventually figured it out!

!