ray

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2001

Why should I have to have IE already open when I want to pursue a link
that's included in an email message in Outlook Express? Doesn't clicking on
the email link automatically open IE?

It is supposed to.

Set Internet Explorer as my default browser
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFAQ.htm#IE_Default

Hyperlinks Do Not Work in Outlook Express or in Word
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823301

No Links
http://www.fjsmjs.com/OE/nolinks.htm

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:11dtq37r8b29v9f@corp.supernews.com,
Ray <greymaus@cableone.net> hunted and pecked:

> It is supposed to.
>
> Set Internet Explorer as my default browser
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFAQ.htm#IE_Default
>
> Hyperlinks Do Not Work in Outlook Express or in Word
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823301
>
> No Links
> http://www.fjsmjs.com/OE/nolinks.htm
>

> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.

It did indeed, and thank you very much! I went to the Microsoft support
site you indicated above and followed the instructions there; and lo! and
behold! I can now follow links from Outlook.

Very much appreciated, and I should have come here in the beginning!

Glad to hear it, Ray.

Thanks for the feedback and keep having fun! :)

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:11dtsj82ufnnl13@corp.supernews.com,
Ray <greymaus@cableone.net> hunted and pecked:
>> It is supposed to.
>>
>> Set Internet Explorer as my default browser
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFAQ.htm#IE_Default
>>
>> Hyperlinks Do Not Work in Outlook Express or in Word
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823301
>>
>> No Links
>> http://www.fjsmjs.com/OE/nolinks.htm
>>

>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>

> It did indeed, and thank you very much! I went to the Microsoft support
> site you indicated above and followed the instructions there; and lo! and
> behold! I can now follow links from Outlook.
>
> Very much appreciated, and I should have come here in the beginning!

I have the same problen using Outlook (do not use Express)and have already
gone to the website. I followed the directions and all but the last one
loaded with "successful" but the last dll that I typped in gave the following
response:
LoadLibrary ("msjava.dll") failed- The specified module could not be found.

Now what do I do? I relly want my email and WORD hyperlinks back,

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> It is supposed to.
>
> Set Internet Explorer as my default browser
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFAQ.htm#IE_Default
>
> Hyperlinks Do Not Work in Outlook Express or in Word
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823301
>
> No Links
> http://www.fjsmjs.com/OE/nolinks.htm
>

> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:11dtq37r8b29v9f@corp.supernews.com,
> Ray <greymaus@cableone.net> hunted and pecked:
> > Why should I have to have IE already open when I want to pursue a link
> > that's included in an email message in Outlook Express? Doesn't clicking
> > on the email link automatically open IE?

> LoadLibrary ("msjava.dll") failed- The specified module could not be
found.

Do not worry about msjava.dll. msjava.dll is Microsoft® Virtual Machine for
Java. This particular file hasn't been on XP since SP1a. There was a law
suit between Sun and Microsoft.

Hyperlinks Do Not Work in Outlook Express or in Word article has not been
updated since July 10, 2003 so the article does not reflect that.

Have a look at this one, it addresses Outlook...

Hyperlinks in an e-mail message do not work in Outlook 2000 or in Outlook
2002
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q257464&

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.