EQ2: Buy from player/trader

Hi All;

Quick question if I may.

When I browse the market and buy something, I go straight to the player's
room and buy direct to save the 20% broker fee. Twice lately, I've seen the
item I want and it says that it's from "Bubba" in the XYZ Inn. There is no
town or anything I can identify as to where the XYZ Inn is. I assume that
this is a guild hall or something.

My question: How can I buy direct from a player/trader that is in a place
like this, if I've never heard of it, nor know where it is?

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

Doctorzoid
23 Cleric

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005, Whizzn wrote:

> Hi All;
>
> Quick question if I may.
>
> When I browse the market and buy something, I go straight to the player's
> room and buy direct to save the 20% broker fee. Twice lately, I've seen the
> item I want and it says that it's from "Bubba" in the XYZ Inn. There is no
> town or anything I can identify as to where the XYZ Inn is. I assume that
> this is a guild hall or something.
>
> My question: How can I buy direct from a player/trader that is in a place
> like this, if I've never heard of it, nor know where it is?
>
> Thanks in advance for your time and help.

Well...if you don't know where it is, then you can't. :) But generally if
you go to the zone that is indicated in the description and look at the
overhead map, any inn's will be marked by the inn icon. Then once you get
to the inn, look for the doors that glow when your mouse moves over them.
The slightly confusing thing is that there are multiple doors, and you
need to find the right one for *that* player. I suppose they were trying
to make the instanced rooms feel a little less instanced.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Jerelyn Foxeye -- http://www.foxeye-art.com

On Antonia Bayle (EQ):
[30 Iksar Templar] Viizanafyaeth Newleaf
[11 High Elf Brawler] Foxeye

On Order (Horizons):
[10 Monk/Druid Saris] Foxeye

"Whizzn" <whiz@abc.net> wrote in message
> Hi All;
>
> Quick question if I may.
>
> When I browse the market and buy something, I go straight to the player's
> room and buy direct to save the 20% broker fee. Twice lately, I've seen
> the item I want and it says that it's from "Bubba" in the XYZ Inn. There
> is no town or anything I can identify as to where the XYZ Inn is. I
> assume that this is a guild hall or something.
>
> My question: How can I buy direct from a player/trader that is in a place
> like this, if I've never heard of it, nor know where it is?
>
> Thanks in advance for your time and help.
>
> Doctorzoid
> 23 Cleric

The short answer is, you can't. If they aren't /afk, you can try sending
the seller a tell to see if they can direct you to their location.
Otherwise, if you really want that item, you'll have to pay the fee.

Keep in mind some of the Inns can be within the main city districts, they
don't have to be in the outer villages. Also, if you're not familiar with
the Inn, are you perhaps browsing the black market broker? Could be that
the Inn you are seeing is in the other city.

"toolstech" <spam_someone@else.com> wrote in message

> "Whizzn" <whiz@abc.net> wrote in message
>> Hi All;
>>
>> Quick question if I may.
>>
>> When I browse the market and buy something, I go straight to the player's
>> room and buy direct to save the 20% broker fee. Twice lately, I've seen
>> the item I want and it says that it's from "Bubba" in the XYZ Inn. There
>> is no town or anything I can identify as to where the XYZ Inn is. I
>> assume that this is a guild hall or something.
>>
>> My question: How can I buy direct from a player/trader that is in a
>> place like this, if I've never heard of it, nor know where it is?
>>
>> Thanks in advance for your time and help.
>>
>> Doctorzoid
>> 23 Cleric
>>

> The short answer is, you can't. If they aren't /afk, you can try sending
> the seller a tell to see if they can direct you to their location.
> Otherwise, if you really want that item, you'll have to pay the fee.
>
> Keep in mind some of the Inns can be within the main city districts, they
> don't have to be in the outer villages. Also, if you're not familiar with
> the Inn, are you perhaps browsing the black market broker? Could be that
> the Inn you are seeing is in the other city.

Thanks Tools and Fox for answering. First, I do not see any kind of zone
description to give me a clue to where it might be (I wish there was one).

No, I'm not browsing from a black market broker, just from my room.

Thanks for your answers. I guess you're right, if they don't respond to a
tell to give me directions, I guess I'm SoL and have to go through the
broker....blah..

Take Care All
Doctorzoid

If you have a room of your own, buying through your own market board
does not have the 20% hit.

The market looks exactly the same as the broker, but without the middle
man.

sonne...@irisia.co.uk wrote:
> If you have a room of your own, buying through your own market board
> does not have the 20% hit.
>
> The market looks exactly the same as the broker, but without the
middle
> man.
Oh...and the minor inconvenience of not being able to buy from it.

<mcbragg66@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> sonne...@irisia.co.uk wrote:
>> If you have a room of your own, buying through your own market board
>> does not have the 20% hit.
>>
>> The market looks exactly the same as the broker, but without the
> middle
>> man.
> Oh...and the minor inconvenience of not being able to buy from it.

LOL...I was gonna post some snide comment like this but you beat me to it.
Good job!

Foxeye Vaeltaja <foxeye@EEKSPAM.com> wrote in

> On Tue, 18 Jan 2005, Whizzn wrote:
>
>> Hi All;
>>
>> Quick question if I may.
>>
>> When I browse the market and buy something, I go straight to the
>> player's room and buy direct to save the 20% broker fee. Twice
>> lately, I've seen the item I want and it says that it's from "Bubba"
>> in the XYZ Inn. There is no town or anything I can identify as to
>> where the XYZ Inn is. I assume that this is a guild hall or
>> something.
>>
>> My question: How can I buy direct from a player/trader that is in a
>> place like this, if I've never heard of it, nor know where it is?
>>
>> Thanks in advance for your time and help.
>
> Well...if you don't know where it is, then you can't. :) But generally
> if you go to the zone that is indicated in the description and look at
> the overhead map, any inn's will be marked by the inn icon. Then once
> you get to the inn, look for the doors that glow when your mouse moves
> over them. The slightly confusing thing is that there are multiple
> doors, and you need to find the right one for *that* player. I
> suppose they were trying to make the instanced rooms feel a little
> less instanced.

I ran into the same problem in Qeynos Harbor recently, I just could not
find the right place in the only inn marked on the map. It was quite
annoying.

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

On Steamfont in <Insanity Plea>
Graeme, 21 Dwarven Mystic, 20 Sage

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005, Doctorzoid wrote:

> Thanks Tools and Fox for answering. First, I do not see any kind of zone
> description to give me a clue to where it might be (I wish there was one).

How strange. I always see something like "The Lion's Mane Inn in South
Qeynos" or "Irontoes East in North Qeynos" for their location description
in the broker. Or do you mean you just do a /who all <name>? Because the
broker *should* tell you their zone when it lists the item.