VX4500 battery questions

Last response: in Network Providers
January 19, 2005 5:11:27 PM

I'm considering buying a larger capacity battery for my VX4500. Does anyone know what the rating is for the battery that comes with the phone? Also, I've seen 1600ma batteries on Ebay that appear thicker than the original. Is 1600ma the max capacity, and can you get the leather case on the phone using the thicker battery? TIA
Anonymous
January 20, 2005 12:30:22 PM

"Swingman" <sbt@silcom.com> wrote in message news:10utmofqo67ct7b@news.supernews.com...
I'm considering buying a larger capacity battery for my VX4500. Does anyone know what the rating is for the battery that comes with the phone? Also, I've seen 1600ma batteries on Ebay that appear thicker than the original. Is 1600ma the max capacity, and can you get the leather case on the phone using the thicker battery? TIA

Well, I've been able to answer some of my own questions <g>. The original battery is rated 950MaH. The highest capacity extended battery available on Ebay is 1700MaH. Still wonder if the case would fit, though...
Anonymous
January 21, 2005 3:23:13 AM

Its tight with the aftermarket 1600mah battery in the Verizon 2pc.
leather case.

Ty

"Swingman" <sbt@silcom.com> wrote in message
I'm considering buying a larger capacity battery for my VX4500. Does
anyone know what the rating is for the battery that comes with the
phone? Also, I've seen 1600ma batteries on Ebay that appear thicker
than the original. Is 1600ma the max capacity, and can you get the
leather case on the phone using the thicker battery? TIA

Well, I've been able to answer some of my own questions <g>. The
original battery is rated 950MaH. The highest capacity extended battery
available on Ebay is 1700MaH. Still wonder if the case would fit,
though...
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
January 21, 2005 3:23:14 AM

Thanks for the reply, Ty. When you say "tight" it sounds
like you can still get it on with a little effort, yes? Do
you find the larger battery adds a significant amount of
talk time - was it worth it?

"Tyrone Jackson" <tycobb@earth.net> wrote in message
> Its tight with the aftermarket 1600mah battery in the
> Verizon 2pc. leather case.
>
> Ty
>

> "Swingman" <sbt@silcom.com> wrote in message
>
> "Swingman" <sbt@silcom.com> wrote in message
> I'm considering buying a larger capacity battery for my
> VX4500. Does anyone know what the rating is for the
> battery that comes with the phone? Also, I've seen 1600ma
> batteries on Ebay that appear thicker than the original.
> Is 1600ma the max capacity, and can you get the leather
> case on the phone using the thicker battery? TIA
>
> Well, I've been able to answer some of my own questions
> <g>. The original battery is rated 950MaH. The highest
> capacity extended battery available on Ebay is 1700MaH.
> Still wonder if the case would fit, though...

January 21, 2005 3:25:44 PM

> Thanks for the reply, Ty. When you say "tight" it sounds
> like you can still get it on with a little effort, yes? Do
> you find the larger battery adds a significant amount of
> talk time - was it worth it?

Not Ty but I think a lot of the aftermarket batteries seem to be over rated
as far as capacity. Also they seem to use less sophisticated technology with
a much lower watt density (thus requiring a larger heavier battery) than
the OEMs
Anonymous
January 21, 2005 6:32:31 PM

Yea, it will still go on. As far as the battery life, I couldn't really
tell any difference between the 950mah and the 1600mah. Maybe the 1600
lasts a half day longer.

Ty

"Swingman" <sbt@silcom.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for the reply, Ty. When you say "tight" it sounds like you can
> still get it on with a little effort, yes? Do you find the larger
> battery adds a significant amount of talk time - was it worth it?
>

> "Tyrone Jackson" <tycobb@earth.net> wrote in message
>> Its tight with the aftermarket 1600mah battery in the Verizon 2pc.
>> leather case.
>>
>> Ty
>>

>> "Swingman" <sbt@silcom.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Swingman" <sbt@silcom.com> wrote in message
>> I'm considering buying a larger capacity battery for my VX4500. Does
>> anyone know what the rating is for the battery that comes with the
>> phone? Also, I've seen 1600ma batteries on Ebay that appear thicker
>> than the original. Is 1600ma the max capacity, and can you get the
>> leather case on the phone using the thicker battery? TIA
>>
>> Well, I've been able to answer some of my own questions <g>. The
>> original battery is rated 950MaH. The highest capacity extended
>> battery available on Ebay is 1700MaH. Still wonder if the case would
>> fit, though...

Anonymous
January 21, 2005 10:22:36 PM

I definitely agree, over rated big time.
Ty

!