Wireless Desktop Card - Windows 98 Compatable

marsh

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2002

I can't seem to find a wireless desktop card that is compatable with
windows 98 (not windows 98SE). Plenty of routers will work with Win98
but not the cards. Of course, I would prefer a "g" but would live with
a "b".

Anyone know of a win 98 compatable wireless netwok card?

Thanks!

Marsh wrote:

> I can't seem to find a wireless desktop card that is compatable with
> windows 98 (not windows 98SE). Plenty of routers will work with Win98
> but not the cards. Of course, I would prefer a "g" but would live with
> a "b".
>
> Anyone know of a win 98 compatable wireless netwok card?
>
> Thanks!

I was able to get a TrendNet TEW-423PI to work with Win98 (not SE) by using
the latest driver on their web site even though they say it will only work
with 98SE and later.
HTH
--

ATEC

Distinguished
May 11, 2004

Marsh wrote:
> I can't seem to find a wireless desktop card that is compatable with
> windows 98 (not windows 98SE). Plenty of routers will work with Win98
> but not the cards. Of course, I would prefer a "g" but would live with
> a "b".
>
> Anyone know of a win 98 compatable wireless netwok card?
>
> Thanks!

Orinoco chips set . works with Linux

You really need to at least upgrade the OS to 98SE or above. The sky's the
limit with 98SE or above... anything below is questionable.

Wireless laptop cards with Orinoco chipsets will work with most laptops down
to DOS and Win 3.1, but I'm not sure what they offer in wireless desktop
cards.

"Marsh" <timothymarsh@gmail.com> wrote in message

>I can't seem to find a wireless desktop card that is compatable with
> windows 98 (not windows 98SE).

TRENDING THREADS