darkd3cimation

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2011
ok guys so i got skyrim and installed it, no probs their, i have a system that can run it at top settings flawlessly including aa and af, im using vista and i do have dx11 installed, the only prob is is that even with the settings at its highest, skyrim look like crap worse then oblivion, and idk what it is, dxdiag says that i do have dx11 and no errors, so what could it be

Turn off FXAA. That is a special kind of AA that will smooth everything to the point of making it blurry. You may also have some settings in your graphics control panel that might be lowering settings despite having them up within the game.

Last, if you have several graphical enhancements for Oblivion, those could improve them to the point of looking as good or better than Skyrim in some ways.

ricardois

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011

what is your graphics card? one does not simply "install" dx 11.

Directx 11 is a graphics card feature, if you don't have a directx 11 ready graphics card don't even mind in installing the driver you will not be using it, anyways skyrim DO NOT uses dx11, not even dx10, skyrim is a DX9 game for now unless they have updated since i last played...

The graphics are close to oblivion but i don't think it can be worst"...

are you sure you can play the game at top settings? what is your graphics card again?

ricardois

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
Your graphics card support dx11, but this has nothing to do with skyrim since the game runs at Dx9;

well, what you can see is watch some videos on youtube on ultra settings (without mods) and see if your game is the same, the game graphics arent nothing special, the gameplay and history are the plus.

See if there is nothing forcing the game tolower the graphics like in catalyst panel or maybe in cfg file.

The reason he installed DX11 is because Vista does not come with DX11 support and it wasn't made available by Microsoft until a few months into Win 7's release.

ricardois

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011

yes but not have it would not affect skyrim performance, that is what i said, and just wanted to know if he really had a graphics compatible with dx11...

darkd3cimation

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2011
ok i turned of fxaa and the problem persistes, i checked catalyst and all the settings ok, so i tryed reinstalling derictx and when i try installing it tells me there is an error and to check my dxerror so i did, and this is what im getting 02/16/12 18:05:07] module: dsetup32(Feb 4 2010), file: setup.cpp, line: 1701, function: CSetup::SetupForDirectX

InstallPlugIn() failed., so i cant install dx my games still play like gta iv and stuff, the way skyrim looks is like most things look very low res and there is almost 0 tessellation, ik how the game is suppose to look and this doesnt look that good, the water it self looks like something from a game from 2004

I think it's time to try and fix your Windows install and specifically get dx working again. This does appear to be a problem.