Sign in with
Your question
Closed

PC gaming in your living room

Last response: in Video Games
February 17, 2012 1:38:01 AM

Hello,
I would like more comfort in PC gaming from my couch. Currently using a pillow for mouse pad with wireless mouse and keyboard. As you can imagine this is woefully inadequate. I was looking at lapdesks to use but im unsure if there is one wide enough to use with full size keyboard and still have mouse room. Does anybody game on their t.v.'s with this setup? Thanks for any help.

More about : gaming living room

February 17, 2012 8:20:19 AM

Get a large plank. It's more comfortable than you may think. I use it for gaming while lying in bed... :D 
Related resources
February 17, 2012 12:09:30 PM

I use a laptop on my lap and mouse on the cushion next to me, works pretty darn well.

although if you're using your TV as monitor might be a bit problematic, I agree

February 17, 2012 1:14:53 PM

that looks a lot better aesthetically, I sure as hell hope the angle on that is adjustable, because the angle they got in photos on their front page is horrendous, who would do any form of typing in that position is beyond me

Best solution

February 17, 2012 6:58:11 PM

gity69 said:
Hello,
I would like more comfort in PC gaming from my couch. Currently using a pillow for mouse pad with wireless mouse and keyboard. As you can imagine this is woefully inadequate. I was looking at lapdesks to use but im unsure if there is one wide enough to use with full size keyboard and still have mouse room. Does anybody game on their t.v.'s with this setup? Thanks for any help.

I use this:
http://store.lapgear.com/techno/mobile
This can be bought at Staples for around $20.

with a Microsoft Arc Keyboard (they are small)
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-ca/p/arc-keyboard

and either a wireless G700 mouse or a Razer Mamba 2012 (not chose yet)
You need a good wireless mouse with at least 500Hz/sec response rate, else it lags during gaming. I used to suck at Battlefield 3 with a normal mouse and the G700 (the first one I tried) made a whole lot of difference.

YOu'll also need a mouse pad.
February 22, 2012 1:32:39 PM

DeViLzzz2007 said:
the chick showing off the items makes me think about buying these

the chick isn't included in the price ;) 
February 25, 2012 3:03:09 AM

lol while the loungetek wins the sex appeal i gotta say the arc keyboard and your basic lapdesk looking like the best bet. thanks for all the responses its been helpful.
February 25, 2012 3:03:29 AM

Best answer selected by gity69.
February 25, 2012 8:29:55 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!