Paladian quest and lost shard EQ2

Hello

As part of the Palladian Quest, I was sent to the Secluded Valley to rescue
the settlers from the gnolls. I made progress but finally got killed (I
hate dogs). It respawed me at Windstalker Village, and I can't find the
waypoint to my shard or the Valley. Do I need to go back to NQ and have my
mentor resend me back to the Valley.

yup, fraid so. Your shard is in the solo instance where you died.

"Josh Carter" <josh_carter@yahooooooooo.com> wrote in

> Hello
>
> As part of the Palladian Quest, I was sent to the Secluded Valley to
> rescue the settlers from the gnolls. I made progress but finally got
> killed (I hate dogs). It respawed me at Windstalker Village, and I
> can't find the waypoint to my shard or the Valley. Do I need to go
> back to NQ and have my mentor resend me back to the Valley.

Is there a door or gate to the instanced zone? If so, usually, you can
right click on the door and choose to recover your shard without actually
entering the instance.

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

On Steamfont in <Insanity Plea>
Graeme, 21 Dwarven Mystic, 20 Sage

On 19 Jan 2005 15:51:07 GMT, Graeme Faelban
<RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote:

>"Josh Carter" <josh_carter@yahooooooooo.com> wrote in
>
>> Hello
>>
>> As part of the Palladian Quest, I was sent to the Secluded Valley to
>> rescue the settlers from the gnolls. I made progress but finally got
>> killed (I hate dogs). It respawed me at Windstalker Village, and I
>> can't find the waypoint to my shard or the Valley. Do I need to go
>> back to NQ and have my mentor resend me back to the Valley.
>>

>Is there a door or gate to the instanced zone? If so, usually, you can
>right click on the door and choose to recover your shard without actually
>entering the instance.

There is no door to right click. You get sent to the instanced zone by
the NPC in North Qeynos.

--
Wulfbones Gnome Cleric Qeynos Antonia Bayle
Wulfrunner Gnome Predator Qeynos Antonia Bayle

Wulfbones

"Graeme Faelban" <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote in message
> "Josh Carter" <josh_carter@yahooooooooo.com> wrote in
>
> > Hello
> >
> > As part of the Palladian Quest, I was sent to the Secluded Valley to
> > rescue the settlers from the gnolls. I made progress but finally got
> > killed (I hate dogs). It respawed me at Windstalker Village, and I
> > can't find the waypoint to my shard or the Valley. Do I need to go
> > back to NQ and have my mentor resend me back to the Valley.
> >

> Is there a door or gate to the instanced zone? If so, usually, you can
> right click on the door and choose to recover your shard without actually
> entering the instance.

My shard for my ranger quest was right-clickable from the door like Graeme
said =)

"Wulfbones" <wulfbones@live-oak.com> wrote in message
> On 19 Jan 2005 15:51:07 GMT, Graeme Faelban
> <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote:
>
> >"Josh Carter" <josh_carter@yahooooooooo.com> wrote in
> >
> >> Hello
> >>
> >> As part of the Palladian Quest, I was sent to the Secluded Valley to
> >> rescue the settlers from the gnolls. I made progress but finally got
> >> killed (I hate dogs). It respawed me at Windstalker Village, and I
> >> can't find the waypoint to my shard or the Valley. Do I need to go
> >> back to NQ and have my mentor resend me back to the Valley.
> >>

> >Is there a door or gate to the instanced zone? If so, usually, you can
> >right click on the door and choose to recover your shard without actually
> >entering the instance.
>
> There is no door to right click. You get sent to the instanced zone by
> the NPC in North Qeynos.
>
> --
> Wulfbones Gnome Cleric Qeynos Antonia Bayle
> Wulfrunner Gnome Predator Qeynos Antonia Bayle
> WUlfkiller Gnome Warrior Qeynos Antonia Bayle
> Wulffy Gnome Summoner Qeynos Antonia Bayle
>
> Wulfbones

Not sure you are right here, as I thought I'd seen that valley from the
outside when exploring in antonica. Like with other instanced zones eg
fighter's arena, the instance is within a normal zone and i suspect the
shard is recoverable as usual. Could always petition and they'd tell you if
there's an ingame way to recover it.

Ralph
20 paladin 19 scholar, najena which is down and crashes a lot argh.

"Shadow" <kitchen@fis.org.nz> wrote in

> "Wulfbones" <wulfbones@live-oak.com> wrote in message
>> On 19 Jan 2005 15:51:07 GMT, Graeme Faelban
>> <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote:
>>
>> >"Josh Carter" <josh_carter@yahooooooooo.com> wrote in

>> >Is there a door or gate to the instanced zone? If so, usually, you
>> >can right click on the door and choose to recover your shard without
>> >actually entering the instance.
>>
>> There is no door to right click. You get sent to the instanced zone
>> by the NPC in North Qeynos.
>
> Not sure you are right here, as I thought I'd seen that valley from
> the outside when exploring in antonica. Like with other instanced
> zones eg fighter's arena, the instance is within a normal zone and i
> suspect the shard is recoverable as usual. Could always petition and
> they'd tell you if there's an ingame way to recover it.

Of course, by now, even if he did not recover the shard, the effects
would have worn off anyway. :b

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

On Steamfont in <Insanity Plea>
Graeme, 21 Dwarven Mystic, 20 Sage
Aviv, 11 Gnome Braeler, 14 Craftsman

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 16:44:09 GMT, "Shadow" <kitchen@fis.org.nz> wrote:

>"Wulfbones" <wulfbones@live-oak.com> wrote in message
>> On 19 Jan 2005 15:51:07 GMT, Graeme Faelban
>> <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote:
>>
>> >"Josh Carter" <josh_carter@yahooooooooo.com> wrote in

>> >Is there a door or gate to the instanced zone? If so, usually, you can
>> >right click on the door and choose to recover your shard without actually
>> >entering the instance.
>>
>> There is no door to right click. You get sent to the instanced zone by
>> the NPC in North Qeynos.
>>
>> --
>> Wulfbones Gnome Cleric Qeynos Antonia Bayle
>> Wulfrunner Gnome Predator Qeynos Antonia Bayle
>> WUlfkiller Gnome Warrior Qeynos Antonia Bayle
>> Wulffy Gnome Summoner Qeynos Antonia Bayle
>>
>> Wulfbones
>
>Not sure you are right here, as I thought I'd seen that valley from the
>outside when exploring in antonica. Like with other instanced zones eg
>fighter's arena, the instance is within a normal zone and i suspect the
>shard is recoverable as usual. Could always petition and they'd tell you if
>there's an ingame way to recover it.

When I died doing mine I just went back to the NPC and he sent me
back. I picked up my shard at that time.