Computer very slow now after recent file copies.. 'thumbs'..

July 22, 2005 2:10:02 PM

Hello- Anyone who knows microsoft windows xp profess. 2002 please help if
you can.

I have a slow computer now, boxes drag open and closed, response is so slow.
I recently copied digital photo files to a CD to clean the disk. A box to
"confirm stream loss" opens on some files and reads - file 'thumbs' has extra
info attached to it that may be lost if you continue copying. The contents
of the file will not be affected. Do you want to copy file still?

Maybe this slowed my computer down..? I recntly degfragged and did a disk
cleanup. Also disinstalled some programs not used. No improvement. PLEASE
HELP! Email me if you can, this would assure I receive your solution!
Domindart@aol.com Thank you so much. Brent.

PS Maybe I simply need RAM. But I really dont think my comp is that full.
(60% of disk used I beleive)
Anonymous
July 23, 2005 2:51:50 PM

Domindart,
Free disk space & the amount of ram you have are two completly
different things. 512mb of ram is the "normal," amount needed for XP.
The folks helping out here will not usually post to your email, for
various reasons. The most important reason is; we want everyone to see
the fix for your problem.
"Also disinstalled some programs not used."
Why, and which programs?
What version of XP & SP1/SP2 is installed?
What make & model computer do you have?
Fill the form out below and submit it to the newsgroup;

COMPUTER PROBLEM REPORT FORM

1. Describe your problem:

2. Now, describe the problem accurately:

3. Speculate wildly about the cause of the problem:

4. Problem Severity:
A. Minor__
B. Minor__
C. Minor__
D. Trivial__

5. Nature of the problem:
A. Locked Up__
B. Frozen__
C. Hung__
D. Shot__

6. Is your computer plugged in? Yes__ No__

7. Is it turned on? Yes__ No__

8. Have you tried to fix it yourself? Yes__ No__

9. Have you made it worse? Yes__

10. Have you read the manual? Yes__ No__

11. Are you sure you've read the manual? Yes__ No__

12. Are you absolutely certain you've read the manual? No__

13. Do you think you understood it? Yes__ No__

14. If `Yes' then why can't you fix the problem yourself?
_________________

15. How tall are you? Are you above this line? __________________

16. What were you doing with your computer at the time the problem
occurred?

17. If `nothing' explain why you were logged in.

18. Are you sure you aren't imagining the problem? Yes__ No__

19. How does this problem make you feel? ____________________________

20. Tell me about your childhood. ___________________________________

21. Do you have any independent witnesses of the problem? Yes__ No__

22. Can't you do something else, instead of bothering me? Yes__

--
Treeman