Can not access add/remove programs

My Control Pannel runs very slow. When I try to open "add/remove
programs" , it's only a sound like warning, no error message nor
anything. I have no clue what's wrong with it. Does anyone help me to
fix it? I greatly appreciate about that.

--
mimiyukyPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access

mimiyuky,
It could be that the icon for add/remove has lost it's way, or some
system files are missing.
Go to Start, RUN, and type sfc(space)/scannow...have your XP cd in the
drive, hold down the shift key after you insert the disk so it doesn't
auto-start. Since the information given in your post was sparse, this
is the only help I can offer.
'Good Post' (http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm)
Best,
Treeman