critical system errors

i am recieving messenger messages stating that i have 47 critical system
errors in my registry it is telling me to get a registry cleaner or fixer, i
went on line and got a registry cleaner ran it and went into the rregistry
and deleted the (so called) errors in there, i did that today, but it is
still telling me that i have them , i did reboot my computer. i dont know
what else to do . my system is emachines windows xp home edition. i produce
music on my computer right now i have nothing but spyware doctor and two
registry programs

Make sure a firewall is turned on. And you need to disable or remove the
Messenger service.

[[If advertisements are opening on your computer in a window titled
Messenger Service, it may indicate that your system is not secure. You
should enable the Internet Connection Firewall and disable the Messenger
Service in Windows XP to help protect your computer from unwanted spam and
other potential threats.

The Messenger Service was originally designed for use by system
administrators to notify Windows users about their networks. However, some
advertisers have started using this service to send information via the
Internet, and these messages could be used maliciously to distribute a
virus.]]
Disabling Messenger Service in Windows XP
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/security/learnmore/stopspam.mspx

[[These messages are also known as "messenger spam."]]
[[To resolve this issue, install or turn on a firewall that blocks inbound
NetBIOS and UDP broadcast traffic. ]]
[[To work around this issue, turn off the Messenger service.]]
Messenger Service window that contains an Internet advertisement appears
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;330904

Disabling Messenger Service in Windows XP

Messenger Service window that contains an Internet advertisement appears
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;330904

How to prevent Windows Messenger from running on a Windows XP-based computer
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=302089

Disable/Remove Windows Messenger

[[This is a Visual Basic Script file which will remove Windows® Messenger
from Windows® XP. It will also adjust your System Registry to prevent a long
delay when opening Outlook Express when Windows Messenger is removed or
disabled.]]
Remove Windows Messenger
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_messenger_remove.htm

--