I'm so glad...

....that I switched to WoW

Its much more FUN....

You EQ2 guys are missing out on some great PvE....

Imagine 40 people from Qeynos attacking Freeport and fighting their way
in... Thats WoW...

but enjoy your locked mobs and missing shards....

....I hope someday you awaken from the SoE brain washing like I did (after 6
years)

TripTych wrote:
> ...that I switched to WoW
>
> Its much more FUN....

It is so much fun with the 16hr downtimes to fix server code that is
beyond repair, with lag so bad and getting worse that Slashdot covered
it (and Penny Arcade revoked its GOTY award to WoW), with server login
queues that are typically 30mins long, but can be over an hour that you
get more fun out of trying to troll a newsgroup with how much fun the
broken game is.

How do I sign up?

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 10:19:44 -0500, "TripTych" <Spam@Spam.com>
wrotC:DRIVE_E

>but enjoy your locked mobs and missing shards....

I am. Thanks for the good wishes!

(Erm...what missing shards? Don't have any. My shard is easy to find.
It's under a firerock giant's foot at the moment.)
Evolution doesn't take prisoners:Lizard
"I've heard of this thing men call 'empathy', but I've never
once been afflicted with it, thanks the Gods." Bruno The Bandit
http://www.mrlizard.com

<suka_@cox.net> wrote:
> TripTych wrote:
> > ...that I switched to WoW
> >
> > Its much more FUN....
>
> It is so much fun with the 16hr downtimes to fix server code that is
> beyond repair, with lag so bad and getting worse that Slashdot covered
> it (and Penny Arcade revoked its GOTY award to WoW), with server login
> queues that are typically 30mins long, but can be over an hour that you
> get more fun out of trying to troll a newsgroup with how much fun the
> broken game is.

"typically"? Go read the boards, that statement only applies to a half
dozen (out of 80+) servers that became drastically overpopulated. Most
people playing the game have never seen a queue. Ironically, it's the
people that most wanted to race their way up to the highest level (and
the sheep that followed them) that ended up suffering the queues. I must
admit I derive an evil pleasure from that bit of karmic irony. =)

"TripTych" <Spam@Spam.com> wrote in news:357blqF4ff41cU1@individual.net:

> ...that I switched to WoW
>
> Its much more FUN....
>
> You EQ2 guys are missing out on some great PvE....
>
> Imagine 40 people from Qeynos attacking Freeport and fighting their
> way in... Thats WoW...

I thought you said PvE?

> but enjoy your locked mobs and missing shards....
>
> ...I hope someday you awaken from the SoE brain washing like I did
> (after 6 years)

Why? Sounds like someone is struggling for validation.

--
Rumble
-- Benjamin Franklin

"TripTych" <Spam@Spam.com> wrote in news:357blqF4ff41cU1@individual.net:

> ...that I switched to WoW
>
> Its much more FUN....
>
> You EQ2 guys are missing out on some great PvE....
>
> Imagine 40 people from Qeynos attacking Freeport and fighting their
> way in... Thats WoW...
>
> but enjoy your locked mobs and missing shards....
>
> ...I hope someday you awaken from the SoE brain washing like I did
> (after 6 years)

Yawn.

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

On Steamfont in <Insanity Plea>
Graeme, 21 Dwarven Mystic, 20 Sage

"TripTych" <Spam@Spam.com> wrote:
] ...that I switched to WoW
]
] Its much more FUN....

It has the most gawdawful character movement setup I have ever
encountered. Move my character using the left arrow key and the toon
moves 30-90 degrees left. EQ's toon movement is much much much
better. The maps are lacking in detail. But I could be wrong.

JimP.
--
djim70 at tyhe cableone dot net. Disclaimer: Standard.
http://crestar.drivein-jim.net/new.html AD&D Dec 29, 2004

Most of us have switched over to WoW, but in any case not many people play EQ2.
You will always have a few outcasts playing EQ, EQ2, DaoC, SWG etc.

"The Uber Nuker" <ubernuker@powers.net> wrote in

> "TripTych" <Spam@Spam.com> wrote in message
>> ...that I switched to WoW
>>
>> Its much more FUN....
>>
>> You EQ2 guys are missing out on some great PvE....
>>
>> Imagine 40 people from Qeynos attacking Freeport and fighting their
>> way in... Thats WoW...
>>
>> but enjoy your locked mobs and missing shards....
>>
>> ...I hope someday you awaken from the SoE brain washing like I did
>> (after 6 years)
>
> Most of us have switched over to WoW, but in any case not many people
> play EQ2. You will always have a few outcasts playing EQ, EQ2, DaoC,
> SWG etc.

<Toppost corrected>

We have? Who is this "most of us" you speak of? Do you have a multiple
personality disorder? Have you checked posts here, have you polled
people?

--

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 10:19:44 -0500, "TripTych" <Spam@Spam.com> wrote:

>...that I switched to WoW
>
>Its much more FUN....
>
>You EQ2 guys are missing out on some great PvE....
>
>Imagine 40 people from Qeynos attacking Freeport and fighting their way
>in... Thats WoW...
>
>but enjoy your locked mobs and missing shards....
>
>...I hope someday you awaken from the SoE brain washing like I did (after 6
>years)

Yadda, yadda, heard similar a billion, trillion, zillion times, yawn.
Sure, you have seen The Light of The New MMORPG Dawn in the East, we
know...

Palindrome

In article <357blqF4ff41cU1@individual.net>, TripTych wrote:
> Imagine 40 people from Qeynos attacking Freeport and fighting their way
> in... Thats WoW...
>
> but enjoy your locked mobs and missing shards....

On the other hand, imagine 40 people from Qeynos going over and standing
around outside Freeport, and the people from Freeport can't do anything
about it, because the Qeynos people haven't turned on their PvP flags.
That's WoW, too.

The PvP in DAoC makes much more sense. There, if you run into someone from
one of the other realms, you can fight them. If you don't want to
participate in PvP, you stay out of the frontier. If you want to go and
taunt people from another realm, you have to be prepared to back that up
with force.

--
--Tim Smith

In article <1106157384.308514.18910@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, Meaffwin wrote:
> It is so much fun with the 16hr downtimes to fix server code that is
> beyond repair, with lag so bad and getting worse that Slashdot covered
> it (and Penny Arcade revoked its GOTY award to WoW), with server login
> queues that are typically 30mins long, but can be over an hour that you
> get more fun out of trying to troll a newsgroup with how much fun the
> broken game is.

Where are these login queues you speak of? I've never run into one in WoW.

--
--Tim Smith

Graeme Faelban <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote in

> "The Uber Nuker" <ubernuker@powers.net> wrote in
>
>> "TripTych" <Spam@Spam.com> wrote in message
>>> ...that I switched to WoW
>>>
>>> Its much more FUN....
>>>
>>> You EQ2 guys are missing out on some great PvE....
>>>
>>> Imagine 40 people from Qeynos attacking Freeport and fighting
their
>>> way in... Thats WoW...
>>>
>>> but enjoy your locked mobs and missing shards....
>>>
>>> ...I hope someday you awaken from the SoE brain washing like I
did
>>> (after 6 years)
>>
>> Most of us have switched over to WoW, but in any case not many
people
>> play EQ2. You will always have a few outcasts playing EQ, EQ2,
DaoC,
>> SWG etc.
>>

> <Toppost corrected>
>
> We have? Who is this "most of us" you speak of? Do you have a
multiple
> personality disorder? Have you checked posts here, have you
polled
> people?

Lol - this is UN we're speaking of after all. As much as I like
WoW, being associated with the likes of the OP and UN makes me
feel dirty.

--
Arch Convoker Mairelon Snapbang
Feral Lord Bosra Snowclaw

Mairelon, 15th Paladin
Silverhand

My WoW Mods: http://therealorang.com
Yes, FlexBar 1.24 is out :)

Tim Smith <reply_in_group@mouse-potato.com> wrote in

> In article <1106157384.308514.18910
@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
> Meaffwin wrote:
>> It is so much fun with the 16hr downtimes to fix server code
that is
>> beyond repair, with lag so bad and getting worse that Slashdot
>> covered it (and Penny Arcade revoked its GOTY award to WoW),
with
>> server login queues that are typically 30mins long, but can be
over
>> an hour that you get more fun out of trying to troll a
newsgroup with
>> how much fun the broken game is.
>
> Where are these login queues you speak of? I've never run into
one in
> WoW.

Try logging into one of the more popular servers in primetime -
Silver Hand is one of those (as one of only 2 original RP servers)
and the queue Monday was 6 minutes

--

Faned wrote:
> <suka_@cox.net> wrote:
> > It is so much fun with the 16hr downtimes to fix server code that
is
> > beyond repair, with lag so bad and getting worse that Slashdot
covered
> > it (and Penny Arcade revoked its GOTY award to WoW), with server
login
> > queues that are typically 30mins long, but can be over an hour that
you
> > get more fun out of trying to troll a newsgroup with how much fun
the
> > broken game is.
>
> "typically"? Go read the boards, that statement only applies to a
half
> dozen (out of 80+) servers that became drastically overpopulated.
Most
> people playing the game have never seen a queue. Ironically, it's
the
> people that most wanted to race their way up to the highest level
(and
> the sheep that followed them) that ended up suffering the queues. I
must
> admit I derive an evil pleasure from that bit of karmic irony. =)

Ummm, server login queues are going on for the 20 most popular (ie,
populated) servers. They are penalizing the people who pre-ordered and
were then shoe-horned onto the few opened servers (something similar
happened in EQ2, but there hasn't been login queues implemented to
alleviate any problems). There are people who still have client
crashes approximately once an hour and then have to wait in the queue
to get in again. They added the queues because their server code
couldn't handle all the people on those servers. Try logging into one
of them during primetime... it is so much fun it leads to newsgroup
trolling while waiting to get in the game ;)

Oh, and check out something other than the cesspool that is the
Blizzard forums. Slashdot has another article on how Blizzard isn't
shipping any more boxes until they figure out how to fix their mess.
There is a link in there to people complaining about all the problems
they've had.

"Graeme Faelban" <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote in message

> > Most of us have switched over to WoW, but in any case not many people
> > play EQ2. You will always have a few outcasts playing EQ, EQ2, DaoC,
> > SWG etc.
> >

> <Toppost corrected>
>
> We have? Who is this "most of us" you speak of? Do you have a multiple
> personality disorder? Have you checked posts here, have you polled
> people?

I was expecting he was making fun of him...hehehe

If not I am pleased to say I enjoy playing EQ1 and EQ2.

--
*Pamela*
eq2.simonette.najena

"Meaffwin" <suka_@cox.net> wrote in message
> TripTych wrote:
> > ...that I switched to WoW
> >
> > Its much more FUN....
>
> It is so much fun with the 16hr downtimes to fix server code that is
> beyond repair, with lag so bad and getting worse that Slashdot covered
> it (and Penny Arcade revoked its GOTY award to WoW), with server login
> queues that are typically 30mins long, but can be over an hour that you
> get more fun out of trying to troll a newsgroup with how much fun the
> broken game is.
>
> How do I sign up?

Didn't you hear that Gamespy revoked it's "Game of the Year award"?
*snicker*

--

Faned wrote:
> The Blizzard forums, cesspool that they are (no disagreement here),
are the
> most representative of the user base, and the best place to see how
many
> complaints are being made, and by whom. I would bet large amounts of
cash
> that 80%+ of the WoW players have never looked at Slashdot. =P

At the same time, I'm willing to bet people who don't enjoy getting
into flamewars or listening to the fanboys probably don't read the
Blizzard forums. Both serve as an outlet for discussion, just one is
more mature than the other, and would attract a different crowd. I
would bet large amounts of cash that the 80%+ of the WoW players
'contributing' to the Blizzard forums that wouldn't read any other
sources are part of the group from BNet that others try to avoid :p

<suka_@cox.net> wrote:
> Faned wrote:
> > <suka_@cox.net> wrote:
> > > It is so much fun with the 16hr downtimes to fix server code that
> is
> > > beyond repair, with lag so bad and getting worse that Slashdot
> covered
> > > it (and Penny Arcade revoked its GOTY award to WoW), with server
> login
> > > queues that are typically 30mins long, but can be over an hour that
> you
> > > get more fun out of trying to troll a newsgroup with how much fun
> the
> > > broken game is.
> >
> > "typically"? Go read the boards, that statement only applies to a
> half
> > dozen (out of 80+) servers that became drastically overpopulated.
> Most
> > people playing the game have never seen a queue. Ironically, it's
> the
> > people that most wanted to race their way up to the highest level
> (and
> > the sheep that followed them) that ended up suffering the queues. I
> must
> > admit I derive an evil pleasure from that bit of karmic irony. =)
>
> Ummm, server login queues are going on for the 20 most popular (ie,
> populated) servers. They are penalizing the people who pre-ordered and
> were then shoe-horned onto the few opened servers (something similar
> happened in EQ2, but there hasn't been login queues implemented to
> alleviate any problems).

There were 40+ servers at release, and another 40 within a couple days.
Anyone who was "shoe-horned" fits exactly into my description above. I
don't have any inside info, can only base what I say here on what I've seen
on the boards, and there are exactly six (half dozen, one less than seven,
one more than five) servers that are listed under the names of the people
complaining about constant queues. Additionally, with 15 minutes worth of
research I could tell you the *multiple* "uber" guilds that took up
residence on each of those servers, but anyone could do such research, and
quite honestly I don't care enough to even use it as a supporting point. =)

> Oh, and check out something other than the cesspool that is the
> Blizzard forums. Slashdot has another article on how Blizzard isn't
> shipping any more boxes until they figure out how to fix their mess.
> There is a link in there to people complaining about all the problems
> they've had.

The Blizzard forums, cesspool that they are (no disagreement here), are the
most representative of the user base, and the best place to see how many
complaints are being made, and by whom. I would bet large amounts of cash
that 80%+ of the WoW players have never looked at Slashdot. =P

Patrik

Faned <faned@wyld.qx.net> writes:

> "typically"? Go read the boards, that statement only applies to a half
> dozen (out of 80+) servers that became drastically overpopulated. Most
> people playing the game have never seen a queue. Ironically, it's the
> people that most wanted to race their way up to the highest level (and
> the sheep that followed them) that ended up suffering the queues. I must
> admit I derive an evil pleasure from that bit of karmic irony. =)

Why would people who want to race up congregate on the overpopulated
servers any more than people who don't? I'd expect it's more "people
who were excited about the game and created their characters on the
very first day", plus everyone who wanted to play with them, that are
suffering from the queues. I don't see a connection between this and
levelling up as fast as possible.

<patrik@nordebo.com> wrote:
> Faned <faned@wyld.qx.net> writes:
>
> > "typically"? Go read the boards, that statement only applies to a half
> > dozen (out of 80+) servers that became drastically overpopulated. Most
> > people playing the game have never seen a queue. Ironically, it's the
> > people that most wanted to race their way up to the highest level (and
> > the sheep that followed them) that ended up suffering the queues. I must
> > admit I derive an evil pleasure from that bit of karmic irony. =)
>
> Why would people who want to race up congregate on the overpopulated
> servers any more than people who don't? I'd expect it's more "people
> who were excited about the game and created their characters on the
> very first day", plus everyone who wanted to play with them, that are
> suffering from the queues. I don't see a connection between this and
> levelling up as fast as possible.

Certain guilds announced their intention to have a presence on certain
servers. That snowballed when other guilds decided they wanted to be
competing against those particular guilds. And then there were people that
saw that there were going to be several "uber" guilds on a particular
server, so chose to start there as well in the hopes of getting into one of
them in the future. Those *weren't* just EQ guilds either. There were
groups that came from various other games as well.

There are far far more people that created characters on the first day and
have seen a queue once or twice, if ever, than get queues regularly. Go
read the boards. They have a neat feature, you can see what server someone
plays on in their posts. All the complaints about queues come from the same
half dozen servers (and usually from people that were level 40 in the first
week and complaining that they never get to play).

<suka_@cox.net> wrote:

> Faned wrote:
> > The Blizzard forums, cesspool that they are (no disagreement here),
> are the
> > most representative of the user base, and the best place to see how
> many
> > complaints are being made, and by whom. I would bet large amounts of
> cash
> > that 80%+ of the WoW players have never looked at Slashdot. =P
>
> At the same time, I'm willing to bet people who don't enjoy getting
> into flamewars or listening to the fanboys probably don't read the
> Blizzard forums.

Strangely enough, people who have reason, or just want, to complain will
generally be of a mind to tolerate, enter, or start flamewars, thus pretty
much ensuring that the absolute best gauge of complaints will still be on
those boards. The fact that Blizzard allows the complaints to be made and
stay up, as long as they stay moderately civil, shows that you're getting a
pretty clear picture of the severity and number of complaints (or at least
an approximate percentage).

> Both serve as an outlet for discussion, just one is more mature than the
> other, and would attract a different crowd. I would bet large amounts of
> cash that the 80%+ of the WoW players 'contributing' to the Blizzard
> forums that wouldn't read any other sources are part of the group from
> BNet that others try to avoid :p

So complaints (or lack of, as the case may be) from "the group from BNet"
don't matter? A complaint is a complaint.

In fact, as maturity seems to matter to you, the people that seem *most*
likely to be affected by chasing and/or being in an "uber" guild, and
therefore by my prior statements most likely to be suffering the queues, are
the very people you seem to want to ignore, while making an argument that
there are more dissatisified people than I think...

Tim Smith <reply_in_group@mouse-potato.com> wrote in

> In article <1106157384.308514.18910@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
> Meaffwin wrote:
>> It is so much fun with the 16hr downtimes to fix server code that is
>> beyond repair, with lag so bad and getting worse that Slashdot
>> covered it (and Penny Arcade revoked its GOTY award to WoW), with
>> server login queues that are typically 30mins long, but can be over
>> an hour that you get more fun out of trying to troll a newsgroup with
>> how much fun the broken game is.
>
> Where are these login queues you speak of? I've never run into one in
> WoW.

Hasn't been too much of a problem lately on Blackhand, but it still happens
occasionally. For a while, all my friends and I faced it nearly every night
we played.

--
Rumble
-- Benjamin Franklin

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 10:19:44 -0500 in
<357blqF4ff41cU1@individual.net>, "TripTych" <Spam@Spam.com> graced
the world with this thought:

>...that I switched to WoW
>
>Its much more FUN....
>
>You EQ2 guys are missing out on some great PvE....
>
>Imagine 40 people from Qeynos attacking Freeport and fighting their way
>in... Thats WoW...
>
>but enjoy your locked mobs and missing shards....
>
>...I hope someday you awaken from the SoE brain washing like I did (after 6
>years)

So, you seem to have an addiction problem. Too bad.