HondaRider

Honorable
Feb 17, 2012
Hey guys I'm having some problems with my games. I used to be able to play everything fine, I could play GTA 4, GTA SA, and Fallout: New Vegas among others. Since I've gotten Skype, though, I can't. I tried to play Fallout: New Vegas one day while chatting with a friend. I got to the menu, and the game even loaded, but then it just went back to my desktop. I clicked on the icon again, and the game popped up for only a split second before minimizing again. It seems to only be big games, Minecraft and Terraria are working fine, but when I tried Grand Theft Auto it did the same thing. I also just download Team Fortress 2 today and got to the menu, but when I went to the tutorial, it did it. I haven't any idea what's going on. I even deleted Skype and all of it's files along with Hypercam and Bandicam, but that didn't fix the problem.

Please help,
HondaRider

HondaRider

Honorable
Feb 17, 2012

Sorry I didn't think you'd need them. I have Toshiba Satellite C650 with 4GB RAM, Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2310M CPU @ 2.10 GHz, that's pretty much all I know, everything is stock though, I haven't done anything to it.

laptop? likely to be temps cause by dust buildup...
get realtemp/hwmonitor and gpu-z and run them while you have the game running. when you start getting slowdowns then quit the game and look at the temp graphs or max temps... if there to close to the max or above then your likley throttling due to overheating...
if the temps are an issue then clean out the vents with compressed air... if your not comfy doing this or if it makes no difference then you may want to consider taking it to a shop to have it properly cleaned.

HondaRider

Honorable
Feb 17, 2012

Thank you but my laptop is literally brand new, I got it for Christmas. I haven't actually checked the temperature, but it doesn't get noticably hot, and I've been keeping it on a flat surface. Either way, it happens instantly, like 10 seconds between starting the game and it closing