Crashing/BSOD on certain games

killinfreak1

Honorable
Feb 17, 2012
I have a new system and having an issue with it. I would like to see if someone has had this problem or know whats to do about it.
We have went over my system with a comb and have updated everything with the latest drivers. When i first got my new system the PSU and Graphics Card were bad. After installing new ones and doing pretty much a new install of Windows 7 and all the drivers. I have this issue.

When I launch F.E.A.R. 3 and/or Deus Ex: Human Revolution the PC will freeze/BSOD sometimes it wont BSOD and it will just crash other times it will BSOD. I do not have a problem with any other games other than these 2 so far.

I am at my wits end and exhausted over this. Would greatly appreciate any help if someone has had a similar problem or may know a fix for this. Again everything is updated and all the hardware is working properly.

CPU: AMD FX-8150 3.60 GHz Eight-Core AM3+ CPU 8MB L2 Cache & Turbo Core Technology
MOTHERBOARD: * [CrossFireX] GigaByte GA-970A-D3 AMD 970 Socket AM3+ ATX Mainboard w/ On/Off Charge, 7.1 Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, SATA-III RAID, 2 Gen2 PCIe X16, 3 PCIe X1 & 2 PCI
OS: Microsoft(R) Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit Edition)
MEMORY: 8GB (2GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory (Kingston HyperX)
POWERSUPPLY: 1,000 Watts - Raidmax RX-1000AE 80 Plus Gold Power Supply
FAN: Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Enhanced Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA) (Single Standard 120MM Fan)
FAN: 3 Standard Blue LED 120MM Fans (Push - Pull)
HDD: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
VIDEO (Currently Installed): NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT 1GB
VIDEO (Not Installed): AMD Radeon HD 6970 2GB GDDR5 16X PCIe Video Card

install the bigger card and update the hal (hardware abstraction layer) make sure hpet is set to the bitrate of your o.s via bios and install the latest beta drivers from ati.
run the games and then post the bsod error and the error 0x0000 number here.

or google the 0x0000 error number and error message to see if its already in the m.s knowledge base.