Rebuild Windows XP config (system) file

How to launch recovery point outside Windows shell? Neither normal boot nor
safe boot will work.
--
Gamma

Windows\system32\config\system File Is Missing Or Corrupt

Windows\system32\config\system File Is Missing Or Corrupt - With this
error, when XP won't start, boot with the XP CD and go to the Recovery
Console. Type:

cd system32\config [enter]
ren system system.old [enter]
ren system.alt systemalt.old [enter]
copy c:\windows\repair\system [enter]
copy c:\windows\repair\regback\system [enter]
exit
peterk

the problem
"Gamma" <Gamma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How to launch recovery point outside Windows shell? Neither normal boot
> nor
> safe boot will work.
> --
> Gamma

Thank you so much! I was stumped and your post did the trick (so far)!
--
Gamma