Sign in with
Your question

Why is my fps so low in Counter Strike Source?

Last response: in Video Games
February 18, 2012 4:59:30 AM

My fps jumps from 25-45 fps in counter strike source, on a sever with 50 ping or so. Here's my rig:

Pentium 4 3.2 HT ghz
Nvidia Geforce 8400 gs
3.1 gb usable ddr ram
Antec 380w psu
160 gb maxtor hdd

I have all my in-game video options set to a combination of: low, none, disabled (ex: windows aero extension). The only recommended setting I kept was the filtering, which is set at trilinear. Directx 9.0

I opened up my Nvidia control panel, went to steam.exe and changed some options to:

Power Management Mode - Prefer Maximum Performance
Texture Filtering Quality - High Performance
Vertical Sync - Force Off
Texture filtering - Anistropic sampling options - off
Texture filtering - Trilinear optimization - on

So, is there any way I can get more fps? (I really don't want to use modified configs if I don't have to). If you have any feedback, PLEASE post. Thanks.

February 18, 2012 9:51:37 AM

that rig can be good for cs 1.6 but maybe specs are a little low for cs source.

go to the game menu and set everything to low, and see if the game keeps laging, if yes, lower the resolution, up to a point where you get good frames...
m
l
February 18, 2012 10:54:32 AM

sorry buddy but that PC couldnt run my hamsters wheel in his cage.

its about as powerfull as Belgium
m
l
February 18, 2012 6:55:31 PM

oi belgium held off the full nazi army for 3 weeks in ww2 which is more than france did...
so we will have less of that thank you ;)  they may have went down but they went down fighting with honor...

as for the pc. the gfx card is the problem. its pants. you want a minimum of a 96gt or at the most a 98gt(if you can get your hands on a 450w psu).
m
l
!