EQ1: Raid Advice Please

Greetings,

I would like to take out this guy with our feeder guild.

Should be pretty simple. Certainly no harder than the Chancellor Of Di`Zok.

http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=17190

Look at that, this guy apparently casts just one spell - what a gimp!

Please advise.

Best regards,

Tim ==

(substitute 'tcsys.com' for 'nospam.co.uk')
_________________

Seeq Endestroi
Paladin of Mithanial Marr, The Rathe
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=507035

Grave Wisdom / Grave Intentions (a Rathe guild)
http://www.gravewisdom.com

Visit the Surrender Dorothy web ! (http://dorothyrocks.com)
Visit the Crunch Monkey web ! (http://crunchmonkey.com)
19 answers Last reply
More about raid advice please

    <seeq@tcsys.nospam.co.uk> wrote:
    > Greetings,
    >
    > I would like to take out this guy with our feeder guild.
    >
    > Should be pretty simple. Certainly no harder than the Chancellor Of Di`Zok.
    >
    > http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=17190
    >
    > Look at that, this guy apparently casts just one spell - what a gimp!
    >
    > Please advise.

    Are you trolling?

    I'll give you the easy answer. If you can get to him, you can kill him.
    Applies to damn near every mob in the game.

    On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 09:50:49 -0600, Faned <faned@wyld.qx.net> wrote:

    >Are you trolling?

    This was a tongue-in-cheek post, friend.

    >I'll give you the easy answer. If you can get to him, you can kill him.
    >Applies to damn near every mob in the game.

    I'm curious about the strategy you'd use. Care to share?

    <seeq@tcsys.nospam.co.uk> wrote:
    > On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 09:50:49 -0600, Faned <faned@wyld.qx.net> wrote:
    >
    > >Are you trolling?
    >
    > This was a tongue-in-cheek post, friend.

    They usually have some recognizable element of humor. Yours was so dry as
    to have eluded me, obviously. =)

    > >I'll give you the easy answer. If you can get to him, you can kill him.
    > >Applies to damn near every mob in the game.
    >
    > I'm curious about the strategy you'd use. Care to share?

    Sure. First, I'd get to him.

    On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 10:02:30 -0600, Faned <faned@wyld.qx.net> wrote:

    >>I'll give you the easy answer. If you can get to him, you can kill him.
    >>Applies to damn near every mob in the game.

    ><seeq@tcsys.nospam.co.uk> wrote:
    >I'm curious about the strategy you'd use. Care to share?

    >>Sure. First, I'd get to him.

    LOL very nice!

    Seeq Endestroi <seeq@tcsys.nospam.co.uk> wrote in

    > Greetings,
    >
    > I would like to take out this guy with our feeder guild.
    >
    > Should be pretty simple. Certainly no harder than the Chancellor Of
    > Di`Zok.
    >
    > http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=17190
    >
    > Look at that, this guy apparently casts just one spell - what a gimp!

    Can't look it up here, so no clue.

    --
    On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

    On Steamfont in <Insanity Plea>
    Graeme, 21 Dwarven Mystic, 20 Sage

    In article <1106205974.150110.74500@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
    bealrabbitslayer@hotmail.com says...

    > > Actually, I don't believe he is likely to be more difficult than
    > > Kerafyrm. Kerafyrm DTs a lot, this one only reduces hp by 4000 plus
    > > whatever reduction occurs due to Stamina decrease, and combat damage
    > of
    > > course. For a 14k+ hp tank, that is not that bad. The trick would
    > be
    > > keeping agro, depends on what, if anything cures this, and how often
    > it
    > > is cast. I'd suggest having more than one high hp tank ready. Of
    > > course, I could be entirely mistaken too, but, the spell alone does
    > not
    > > make him more difficult by any means.
    >
    > Did you miss the part where he slows down spell casting and attack
    > speed by 90%?

    Obviously not.

    As he observed, the trick to overcoming that would be, to quote:
    "keeping aggro".

    This is clearly in direct response to the attack/cast speed slow.

    "Graeme Faelban" <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote in message

    > No, I did not. DT is always instant death. Kerafyrm DTs frequently.
    > The only way to beat him was a massive zerg rez fest. The question is,
    > what cures this spell? If it's reasonably curable, then it is
    > overcomable, so long as it's not being constantly cast, ie, it gets cast
    > once a minute, or something on that order. Since I cannot actually look
    > up the details at the moment, I don't know the answers to these
    > questions.

    Mata Muram's Gaze
    1: Decrease Spell Haste by 90%
    2: Decrease Attack Speed by 90%
    3: Decrease Stats by 300
    4: Decrease HP when cast by 4000
    5: Limit: Combat Skills Not Allowed

    Recourse Effect: Mata Muram's Gaze Recourse

    1: Increase Spell Damage by 100%
    2: Increase All Skills Minimum Damage Modifier by 400%
    3: Increase All Skills Damage Modifier by 100%
    4: Limit: Combat Skills Not Allowed
    5: Limit: Spell Type(Detrimental only)
    6: Limit: Effect(Hitpoints allowed)
    7: Limit: Instant spells only
    Sorry if this html or badly formatted...just a lazy ass copy and paste.
    --
    Lief

    "Graeme Faelban" <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote in message
    > "Beal" <bealrabbitslayer@hotmail.com> wrote in Spell Type: Detrimental
    Skill: Unknown(98)
    Mana: 0 Target Type: Single
    Casting Time: Instant Duration: 1 ticks @L1 to 5 ticks @L5
    Recast Time: 45 Resist: Magic (-600)
    Fizzle Time: 2.25 Range to target: 1000
    AE Radius: 0 Interruptable: Yes
    Location: Any Time of Day: Any
    Reflectable: No

    In article <1106267821.512484.189930@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
    bealrabbitslayer@hotmail.com says...

    > I guess my point was that losing agro might be the least of your
    > problems. Perhaps I'm reading it wrong but if your spell casting slows
    > down 90%, that 3 or 4 second cure spell is gonna take 30 or 40 seconds.
    > Heck, maybe it only reduces non-innate spell casting speed buffs,
    > which is a minor annoyance, especially since it won't even affect CH's,
    > which cannot be hasted anyway.

    Is that the correct interpretation of 90% spell slow? Just curious...
    I'd assumed it would just mean a spell would take nearly twice as long,
    not nearly 10x as long.

    Ie it would take x+px

    So a 3 second spell, (x=3,p=0.9) would take = 5.7 seconds... a
    signficant difference, but nowhere near the league you are talking.

    Your talking: x/(1-p) which would be 30 seconds.

    "Beal" <bealrabbitslayer@hotmail.com> writes:

    > Graeme Faelban wrote:
    > > "Beal" <bealrabbitslayer@hotmail.com> wrote in
    > >
    > > > Did you miss the part where he slows down spell casting and attack
    > > > speed by 90%?
    > > >
    > > No, I did not. DT is always instant death. Kerafyrm DTs
    > > frequently. The only way to beat him was a massive zerg rez fest.
    > > The question is, what cures this spell? If it's reasonably
    > > curable, then it is overcomable, so long as it's not being
    > > constantly cast, ie, it gets cast once a minute, or something on
    > > that order. Since I cannot actually look up the details at the
    > > moment, I don't know the answers to these questions.
    >
    > I guess my point was that losing agro might be the least of your
    > problems. Perhaps I'm reading it wrong but if your spell casting slows
    > down 90%, that 3 or 4 second cure spell is gonna take 30 or 40 seconds.

    It would take longer _if you were affected_, but Mata Muram's Gaze is,
    at least according to Lucy, a single target spell, not an AE, which
    means only the tank will be slowed, and it's not likely the tank would
    be the one to cure.

    Lief <ask.me.for@it.com> wrote:

    > "Graeme Faelban" <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote in message

    >> No, I did not. DT is always instant death. Kerafyrm DTs frequently.
    >> The only way to beat him was a massive zerg rez fest. The question is,
    >> what cures this spell? If it's reasonably curable, then it is
    >> overcomable, so long as it's not being constantly cast, ie, it gets cast
    >> once a minute, or something on that order. Since I cannot actually look
    >> up the details at the moment, I don't know the answers to these
    >> questions.

    > Mata Muram's Gaze
    > 1: Decrease Spell Haste by 90%
    > 2: Decrease Attack Speed by 90%
    > 3: Decrease Stats by 300
    > 4: Decrease HP when cast by 4000
    > 5: Limit: Combat Skills Not Allowed

    > Recourse Effect: Mata Muram's Gaze Recourse

    > 1: Increase Spell Damage by 100%
    > 2: Increase All Skills Minimum Damage Modifier by 400%
    > 3: Increase All Skills Damage Modifier by 100%
    > 4: Limit: Combat Skills Not Allowed
    > 5: Limit: Spell Type(Detrimental only)
    > 6: Limit: Effect(Hitpoints allowed)
    > 7: Limit: Instant spells only
    > Sorry if this html or badly formatted...just a lazy ass copy and paste.
    > --
    > Lief

    I doubt that this mob alone would pose a challenge to the guilds
    fighting him. A single tank backed up by a rock solid ch chain simply
    won't fall. Sure a bit luck is needed since I assume Mata Muram can one
    round said tank. That aside a single mob can't stop a raid. (Sleeper
    obviously is an exception due to his fast DT ability)

    The effect doesn't seem to have counters so the only way to get rid of
    it seems to be dispell. Or one of the cleric/shaman cure AAs though I'm
    not sure there.

    After all I think there is alot more going on than a single end mob. But
    I find it a bit funny that SoE needs to cut stats by 300 to even make an
    encounter interesting.

    Hagen

    "Hagen Sienhold" <durragon@web.de> wrote in message
    > Lief <ask.me.for@it.com> wrote:>
    > I doubt that this mob alone would pose a challenge to the guilds
    > fighting him. A single tank backed up by a rock solid ch chain simply
    > won't fall.

    How rock solid can a ch chain be when its taking nearly 20 seconds per cast?

    > After all I think there is alot more going on than a single end mob. But
    > I find it a bit funny that SoE needs to cut stats by 300 to even make an
    > encounter interesting.

    He has adds too.
    The 300 stat cut is probably the least important part of his AE too

    -m

    In article <35cji7F4hj0qtU1@individual.net>,
    -martin <nospam-villa_nospam_@cheerful.com> wrote:

    >How rock solid can a ch chain be when its taking nearly 20 seconds per cast?

    Well, rocks are slow...

    "-martin" <nospam-villa_nospam_@cheerful.com> wrote in

    > "Hagen Sienhold" <durragon@web.de> wrote in message
    >> Lief <ask.me.for@it.com> wrote:>
    >> I doubt that this mob alone would pose a challenge to the guilds
    >> fighting him. A single tank backed up by a rock solid ch chain simply
    >> won't fall.
    >
    > How rock solid can a ch chain be when its taking nearly 20 seconds per
    > cast?
    >
    >> After all I think there is alot more going on than a single end mob.
    >> But I find it a bit funny that SoE needs to cut stats by 300 to even
    >> make an encounter interesting.
    >
    > He has adds too.
    > The 300 stat cut is probably the least important part of his AE too

    Is this an AoE then? I see some saying yes, some saying no. Longer cast
    time on the CH would mean you need more clerics in the chain, but, once
    started, the cast time should not be a huge issue in the overall scheme
    of things. How frequent is the AoE? Looks like lots of group heals/mgb
    heals will be needed.

    --
    On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

    On Steamfont in <Insanity Plea>
    Graeme, 21 Dwarven Mystic, 20 Sage
    Aviv, 9 Gnome Fighter, 11 Craftsman

    "-martin" <nospam-villa_nospam_@cheerful.com> wrote in message
    > "Hagen Sienhold" <durragon@web.de> wrote in message
    >> Lief <ask.me.for@it.com> wrote:>
    >> I doubt that this mob alone would pose a challenge to the guilds
    >> fighting him. A single tank backed up by a rock solid ch chain simply
    >> won't fall.
    >
    > How rock solid can a ch chain be when its taking nearly 20 seconds per
    > cast?

    If you're willing to spend extra mana, it won't be 20 seconds per
    cast... ;-)

    James

    On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 17:41:22 GMT, "James Grahame"
    <jamesgrahame@shaw.ca> wrote:

    >"-martin" <nospam-villa_nospam_@cheerful.com> wrote in message
    >> "Hagen Sienhold" <durragon@web.de> wrote in message
    >>> Lief <ask.me.for@it.com> wrote:>
    >>> I doubt that this mob alone would pose a challenge to the guilds
    >>> fighting him. A single tank backed up by a rock solid ch chain simply
    >>> won't fall.
    >>
    >> How rock solid can a ch chain be when its taking nearly 20 seconds per
    >> cast?
    >
    > If you're willing to spend extra mana, it won't be 20 seconds per
    >cast... ;-)

    For those of us who're a bit slow on the uptake...
    Am I correct in assuming you're hinting at chaining your largest
    non-CH heal, fully AA'd and focussed, as a "not really spam heal
    because it's actually pretty darned big"?

    kaev

    "kaev" <foreverspam@lamenames.net> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 17:41:22 GMT, "James Grahame"
    > <jamesgrahame@shaw.ca> wrote:
    > >>
    > >> How rock solid can a ch chain be when its taking nearly 20 seconds per
    > >> cast?
    > >
    > > If you're willing to spend extra mana, it won't be 20 seconds per
    > >cast... ;-)
    >
    > For those of us who're a bit slow on the uptake...
    > Am I correct in assuming you're hinting at chaining your largest
    > non-CH heal, fully AA'd and focussed, as a "not really spam heal
    > because it's actually pretty darned big"?

    I think he means extra mana (to cure it) so that cheals are then casted at
    normal pace.

    The large non-ch heals are quite difficult to maintain for long duration
    fights because they are so mana intensive (our top clerics are about 11k
    mana, and say they could sustain a spam-chain for about 5 minutes before
    mana becomes an issue). Its not uncommon to be engaged for 30 minutes on
    some boss fights!

    -m

    > Is this an AoE then? I see some saying yes, some saying no. Longer cast
    > time on the CH would mean you need more clerics in the chain, but, once
    > started, the cast time should not be a huge issue in the overall scheme
    > of things. How frequent is the AoE? Looks like lots of group heals/mgb
    > heals will be needed.

    Were 1 mob before Mata Muram (2 guilds are at him so far that I know) so I
    can't give you specifics.
    You can read Lucy data as good as me, 45 second recast, unresistable,
    unavoidable, single target.
    What Lucy doesn't tell you if its cast on the MT (current agro person) or if
    its a random target AE. There are many targeted AE's which will randomly
    hit any one person on the agro list, without regard for their actual
    position on the agro list.

    Doubling the chain isnt really a viable solution. I don't know what he hits
    for, but Id start out with a chain of 6 clerics (the default). Leaves 1-2
    spares for DI (essential), ramp healing (essential), spam healing, rezzing,
    rebuffing.

    12 clerics in a raid isnt really seen anymore, and if every single cleric
    was in the chain, people would just have to break off it to cast DI/rez so
    it wouldnt be a particularly stable chain.

    -m

    "Graeme Faelban" <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote in message
    > Is this an AoE then? I see some saying yes, some saying no. Longer cast
    > time on the CH would mean you need more clerics in the chain, but, once
    > started, the cast time should not be a huge issue in the overall scheme
    > of things. How frequent is the AoE? Looks like lots of group heals/mgb
    > heals will be needed.

    No it isnt. He does have a bunch of other AE's though, and AE rampage. And
    so much HP you'd need about 500 MGB heals :D

    Hits like a truck too /whimper

    -m

NAS / RAID Games Video Games