SATA boot & partition issues

Hi there,

I wonder if anyone has come across this scenario?

I have an XP Professional installation last week when I switched my pc on it
would not boot properly either normally or in Safe mode it got stuck in a
loop and kept on rebooting itself. I tried recovery console but it would not
let me access the installation. I tried the repair option but again the
removed the SATA drive on which the original installation resided and
installed a fresh copy of windows. Now when re-connect the original SATA
drive the system boots but very slowly but does not let me access the SATA
drive even though it is detected in the BIOS. Gdisk detects the partitions
but flags them as unknown.
Is there any way I can access this drive so I can recover my files and
copy them onto the new installation.

Your help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Install the sata controller driver.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"storm warden" wrote:
| Hi there,
|
| I wonder if anyone has come across this scenario?
|
| I have an XP Professional installation last week when I switched my pc on
it
| would not boot properly either normally or in Safe mode it got stuck in a
| loop and kept on rebooting itself. I tried recovery console but it would
not
| let me access the installation. I tried the repair option but again the
| removed the SATA drive on which the original installation resided and
| installed a fresh copy of windows. Now when re-connect the original SATA
| drive the system boots but very slowly but does not let me access the SATA
| drive even though it is detected in the BIOS. Gdisk detects the partitions
| but flags them as unknown.
| Is there any way I can access this drive so I can recover my files and
| copy them onto the new installation.
|
| Your help would be much appreciated
|
| Thanks

To access windows cd you need to press F6 when prompted,have the drivers
for the SATA controller on a floppy,follow the instructions,the board should
have come with this floppy.Also,if you think the SATA drive is
corrupted,all drive
mfgs have a DOS utility you can run to chk the drive,RAID sets wont run in
this utility you need to physically unplug one,test one,then the
other.After replug
in both,RAID set is still ok to function.