Problems with installing new hard drive controller

Previous Configuration:
ECS K7VTA3 8.0 motherboard (Socket A or 462, can't remember)
AMD Athlon XP
1 512mb SDRAM Card (PC2100)
1 256mb SDRAM Card (PC2100)
250watt power supply

New Configuration:
Abit NF8V (Socket 754)
AMD 64 3000
2 512 MB SDRAM (PC2700)
510watt power supply

I've kept my two hard drives and they're both causing me problems. The
computer starts up okay but after getting past the bios screens, I get
a blue screen. I've tried to boot from the Windows XP installation CD
but after the CD loads the setup files, I get the same blue screen.

Any suggestions on how I can get past this...? Thanks.

Thanks for the info.

"Do Not BOOT into Windows XP on first boot after Motherboard or Hard
Drive change! If booting from CD is not an option, return to BIOS and
make sure booting from CD is the first boot option. Booting into
Windows is only an option when you do a direct replacement of the
Motherboard, otherwise it is like playing Russian Roulette. If you
lose, it is fatal!"

By "fatal" does he mean that my hard drive will be rendered useless
forever?

Changing a Motherboard or Moving a Hard Drive with XP Installed
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/moving_xp.html

[Courtesy of MS-MVP Michael Stevens]

--
Carey Frisch