Unable to contact website

I've been logging on to www.isleofwightweather.co.uk to watch their lightning
detector for the past six months. I've just installed and run Spyware Doctor
which "recommended" that I delete a list of odds and sods. As instructed, I
agreed and did so.
Now when I click on for the IOW lightning, (from my favourites) my computer
closes down my portal and leaves me back at my desktop. Even going via
Google gives me the same result.
Something has gone wrong - can anyone help, please?
Thanks
--
I tried to back-up my hard drive but I couldn''t find reverse.

Hi Treeman
Thanks for the idea - I hadn't thought that the info was there.
HOWEVER....although there is a list of deleted items, I can't find enough
detail about each item to know which one/s shouldn't have been deleted. If
that is where the problem happened!
I've a horrible feeling that the problem lies deeper than that.
Thanks anyway