Intel and Nvidia Reportedly Settle License Suit

Status
Not open for further replies.

daygall

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2009
hrm.... since im not a mac guy i didnt know macs where still useing C2Ds ... why the heck are they still so expensive?

anyways all this is good news as it means that at least there will be more options on the table in terms of choices for chipsets

winner4455

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2009
[citation][nom]Daygall[/nom]hrm.... since im not a mac guy i didnt know macs where still useing C2Ds ... why the heck are they still so expensive? anyways all this is good news as it means that at least there will be more options on the table in terms of choices for chipsets[/citation]

Because it's a Mac...

wymer100

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2007
C2D and an nvidia GPU or an i3 with a craptastic integrated GPU? I think Apple made the correct decision with their macbook and macbook air. The macbook pro uses i5/i7 with discrete GPU so it doesn't matter.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
Intel's just being intel, they want everything to be about "THEM", they want the fastest, they want to run everything "Intel Inside".

I can't blame them, from a business perspective it's actually a path i could see myself taking, although i still have no idea why they charge so much for their parts.

mister g

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
I'm wondering if Nvidia will continue their nForce line, and disable the Intel GPU and turn on the chipset one by default, just as a little retribution. Guess having AMD as a common enemy makes any problem between them settle quickly.

Kaiser_25

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2009
[citation][nom]joytech22[/nom]Intel's just being intel, they want everything to be about "THEM", they want the fastest, they want to run everything "Intel Inside".I can't blame them, from a business perspective it's actually a path i could see myself taking, although i still have no idea why they charge so much for their parts.[/citation]

lol not sure why they cost so much..? umm look into the costs of what a fab/clean room cost to build and maintain, the machines in the fab cost from 5 mil - 60 mil each, and there are hundreds of them in a single fab...

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
Intel to AMD: i sue you.
AMD to Intel: i sue you too.
Result: Intel pay AMD 1 billion.

Intel to nVidia: i sue you.
nVidia to Intel: i sue you too.
Result: Intel to pay nVidia 1 billion too???

Some guys don't learn.

feeddagoat

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
TBH I want SLI on AMD socket boards. I do like the fact that on intel you could SLI and crossfire. I can't see boards being that flexible if nvidia put their own chipset on it

roadrun777

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Intel graphic chips are so fast I peed and got electrocuted by a 24v power supply. They should sue themselves.

f-14

Distinguished
interesting. i can see intel settling and paying out to nvidia to end the contract. i am more interested to see if Nvidia is going to put their money where their mouth is in saying the GPU will replace CPU's and develope their own processor/chipset line or wether they will go the AMD route and buy up evergreen or cyrix or somebody and burn what $$$ they have left getting that up to par and trying to recover from that. and then maybe do some more advancing, but from what i've seen of AMD so far, that's a pretty speculative route to go to stay in business in this economy but makes more sense IMO.

G

the settle ment ended with intel barring Nvidia from being allowed to make intergrated PCB with both intel and Nvidia components on. In other words, there will be no new Intel/Nvidia Laptops, or motherboards. Hence the £200 mac mini price drop and the AMD graphics solution in all new macbooks.

Simultaneously, AMD all of a sudden becomes the favorite for the future of gaming, I mean you weren't really thinking of gaming on an Intel HD 4000 were you?

Status
Not open for further replies.