  • Microsoft
  • Software
  • Windows XP
July 26, 2005 1:25:02 PM

How do you permanently change the order that a application starts when in the
HKLM\Software\Windows\CurentVersion\Run.

More about : change order start applications

Anonymous
July 26, 2005 2:49:25 PM

The 'Run' keys start asynchronously rather than sequentially. To start
applications sequentially create a shell script something like this and
place it in your \Startup directory.

-------------mystartup.cmd-------------
start "" "D:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\outlook.exe"
start "" "D:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\word.exe"
start "" "D:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\excel.exe"
---------------end file------------------

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Cynthia" wrote:
| How do you permanently change the order that a application starts when in
the
| HKLM\Software\Windows\CurentVersion\Run.
Anonymous
July 26, 2005 2:49:26 PM

hanks Dave,

Lets say I have five programs that I want to start at start up in certain
order. Would a shell script still be the way. Thanks again.

Cynthia

"Dave Patrick" wrote:

> The 'Run' keys start asynchronously rather than sequentially. To start
> applications sequentially create a shell script something like this and
> place it in your \Startup directory.
>
> -------------mystartup.cmd-------------
> start "" "D:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\outlook.exe"
> start "" "D:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\word.exe"
> start "" "D:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\excel.exe"
> ---------------end file------------------
>
> --
> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
> "Cynthia" wrote:
> | How do you permanently change the order that a application starts when in
> the
> | HKLM\Software\Windows\CurentVersion\Run.

July 26, 2005 3:27:18 PM

Yes.

--

"Cynthia" wrote:
| hanks Dave,
|
| Lets say I have five programs that I want to start at start up in certain
| order. Would a shell script still be the way. Thanks again.
|
| Cynthia
Anonymous
July 26, 2005 5:36:02 PM

Thanks. It did the trick.

"Dave Patrick" wrote:

> Yes.
>
> --
> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
> "Cynthia" wrote:
> | hanks Dave,
> |
> | Lets say I have five programs that I want to start at start up in certain
> | order. Would a shell script still be the way. Thanks again.
> |
> | Cynthia

Anonymous
July 26, 2005 7:55:03 PM

Glad to hear it. You're welcome.