Change the order start up applications

How do you permanently change the order that a application starts when in the
HKLM\Software\Windows\CurentVersion\Run.
5 answers Last reply
More about change order start applications

    The 'Run' keys start asynchronously rather than sequentially. To start
    applications sequentially create a shell script something like this and
    place it in your \Startup directory.

    -------------mystartup.cmd-------------
    start "" "D:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\outlook.exe"
    start "" "D:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\word.exe"
    start "" "D:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\excel.exe"
    ---------------end file------------------

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Cynthia" wrote:
    | How do you permanently change the order that a application starts when in
    the
    | HKLM\Software\Windows\CurentVersion\Run.

    hanks Dave,

    Lets say I have five programs that I want to start at start up in certain
    order. Would a shell script still be the way. Thanks again.

    Cynthia

    "Dave Patrick" wrote:

    > The 'Run' keys start asynchronously rather than sequentially. To start
    > applications sequentially create a shell script something like this and
    > place it in your \Startup directory.
    >
    > -------------mystartup.cmd-------------
    > start "" "D:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\outlook.exe"
    > start "" "D:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\word.exe"
    > start "" "D:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\excel.exe"
    > ---------------end file------------------
    >
    > --
    > Regards,

    > Microsoft Certified Professional
    > Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    > http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    >
    > "Cynthia" wrote:
    > | How do you permanently change the order that a application starts when in
    > the
    > | HKLM\Software\Windows\CurentVersion\Run.

    Yes.

    --

    "Cynthia" wrote:
    | hanks Dave,
    |
    | Lets say I have five programs that I want to start at start up in certain
    | order. Would a shell script still be the way. Thanks again.
    |
    | Cynthia

    Thanks. It did the trick.

    "Dave Patrick" wrote:

    > Yes.
    >
    > --
    > Regards,

    > Microsoft Certified Professional
    > Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    > http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    >
    > "Cynthia" wrote:
    > | hanks Dave,
    > |
    > | Lets say I have five programs that I want to start at start up in certain
    > | order. Would a shell script still be the way. Thanks again.
    > |
    > | Cynthia

    Glad to hear it. You're welcome.

    --

    "Cynthia" wrote: