Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Task Manager Problem

Tags:
  • Computers
  • Microsoft
  • Task Manager
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
July 26, 2005 4:15:02 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

My computer says my Task Manager was somehow disabled. How do I re-enable it?

More about : task manager problem

Anonymous
July 26, 2005 6:21:50 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

Enable or Disable Task Manager for the Current User
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_taskmgrenab.htm

[Courtesy of MS-MVP Doug Knox]

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User
Microsoft Newsgroups

Get Windows XP Service Pack 2 with Advanced Security Technologies:
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/window...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"ATF" wrote:

| My computer says my Task Manager was somehow disabled. How do I re-enable it?
Anonymous
September 14, 2005 7:13:03 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I have tried all kinds of things to fix
this problem.
--
lilith


"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> Enable or Disable Task Manager for the Current User
> http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_taskmgrenab.htm
>
> [Courtesy of MS-MVP Doug Knox]
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups
>
> Get Windows XP Service Pack 2 with Advanced Security Technologies:
> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/window...
>
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> "ATF" wrote:
>
> | My computer says my Task Manager was somehow disabled. How do I re-enable it?
>
Anonymous
September 15, 2005 6:43:57 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

lilithshadow Wrote:
> Thank you, thank you, thank you! I have tried all kinds of things to
> fix
> this problem.
> --
> lilith
>
>
> "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:
> -
> Enable or Disable Task Manager for the Current User
> http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_taskmgrenab.htm
>
> [Courtesy of MS-MVP Doug Knox]
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups
>
> Get Windows XP Service Pack 2 with Advanced Security Technologies:
> http://tinyurl.com/5bepu
>
>
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> "ATF" wrote:
>
> | My computer says my Task Manager was somehow disabled. How do I
> re-enable it?
> -

Hi there!

Do u use Zone Alarm firewall or some firewall as such?
In zone alarm u can kill a process as soon as it is turned on. someone
might have set the trust level to 'kill' so that's y ur task manager
isn't working. this is just a prediction. if that is not the case, i am
sorry.


--
asim662
!